Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Options

Swisdom said:

I've been told the home kit is really thoughtful and should be popular.

The players apparently love the away kit

No news on release date

It will be popular for the few hundred that buy it.
    As popular as the CARD tops then ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Swisdom said:

No news on release date

If a professional football clubs sales of replica shirts doesn't dwarf a fan led initiative then surely that speaks volumes ?
    Point being i think they will sell more than a few hundred tops don't you ?
  • Options

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

No news on release date

It was a thousand shirts sold and it raised £7,000 for charity.
    Inconvinient facts for those who think CARD have no support. Still, a few likes on facebook are more important than £7,000 for a local charity, eh?

PS I'm not part of CARD, never have been and had nothing to do with the 1000 protest shirts.

PPS I'm still going to games. CARD never told me off for doing so.

PPPS I support my club and my team, I don't support the regime that is damaging it.
    Have i stated any different.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Swisdom said:

No news on release date

If a professional football clubs sales of replica shirts doesn't dwarf a fan led initiative then surely that speaks volumes ?
    Point being i think they will sell more than a few hundred tops don't you ?
    Yes, but the black & white protests shirts sold 1,000 - the club, with all of the apparatus at its disposal - should dwarf those sales but it won't.
  • Options

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

No news on release date

Inconvinient facts for those who think CARD have no support. Still, a few likes on facebook are more important than £7,000 for a local charity, eh?

PS I'm not part of CARD, never have been and had nothing to do with the 1000 protest shirts.

PPPS I support my club and my team, I don't support the regime that is damaging it.
    Yes, frequently. You've twice said the protest shirt sold a few hundred, when it was a thousand, just in the last few hours.

• Options

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

No news on release date

Yes, frequently. You've twice said the protest shirt sold a few hundred, when it was a thousand, just in the last few hours.

Twice really? I think i was replying to once again the negative comments on here in terms of the post that only a few hundred would be sold in which i replied as many as the CARD shirts.
    Don't think it was mentioned twice as well as i stated that they were as popular as the CARD tops, although they may have sold a thousand they weren't that visible as you would have thought, the scarfs were as they were given away free of charge.

However i am in no doubt you will have a response to this and the whys and wherefores.
  • Options
    Normal service has resumed and we're only 1 PSF into the new pre season... What's the weather like Ollie?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The third kit will be used as an emergency strip for the season and will only be utilised if necessary. As such, it will not be made available for purchase.

The 2017/18 season is the first year of a new five-year partnership between Charlton and hummel and, for the first time in five years and every year of the agreement, the club will have both bespoke home and away kits.

The away kit will be worn for the first time in the club’s away friendly against Dover Athletic on Tuesday, July 18th.

Meanwhile, the new home kit will be worn for the first time in the opening league game of the season against Bristol Rovers on August 5th.

Both kits will be revealed later this month.

A one-off celebration kit will be worn for the December 9th home league game against Portsmouth, almost 25 years to the day after the Addicks beat the same opposition on December 5th, 1992. Details of this kit will be announced closer to the event.

Read this on footballshirtculture.com , does this mean we are wearing our away shirts for the home friendlies?
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Duchatalet approves. Economies of scale. Don't give him any ideas.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Really like that actually... more so the small squares on the shoulders and sleeves
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Pretty nice.
  • Options
    nice kit
  • Options
    Same shirt with the red and white reversed would suit Charlton perfectly.
    While katy's predecessors were no better at getting new kits available early, the fact that the new hummel merch will be so late to the market is entirely consistent with the pervading fuckwittery at The Valley.
    Yes it's another stick with which we keyboard warriors can beat the rancid regime but it's self evident that roly, katy, cajones et al have neither the wit nor inclination to maximise potential revenues from whoever it is they see as their target audience.
    In truth they'll sell so few kits they're not missing out on more than a few grand in revenue anyway. What would be especially galling would be the new hummel merch being really good looking and nicely made cos then I might like the idea of forking out 40 = sovs for a polyester t-shirt - not holding my breath obv. Not familiar with hummel products so dunno the chances.
    What chance of a new season protest shirt? I spent more on CARD merch last term than I had on anything cafc for the previous 5 years added together. I'd happily bung another ton or so on some 17/18 roly baiting apparel.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    That would be a nice away top.
  • Options

sam3110 said:
    Imagine that in two shades of denim
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

sam3110 said:
    What was that poncy denim colour name they used for the vertical striped one a few years back?

I liked that one as it goes.
  • Options

sam3110 said:
    What was that poncy denim colour name they used for the vertical striped one a few years back?

I liked that one as it goes.
    Seahawk and denim for light and dark blue
  • Options
    That was it.....Seahawk ffs :smiley:
  • Options
    Would definitely prefer a yellow away shirt to blue. Been a while since we've gone yellow.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Bespoke kits, for all teams and levels, even the kit for the Ireland games is temporary catalogue issue, so it's taking more time to produce, better that than generic stuff we've had before.

it really would be pointless releasing the kit when the club shop is having a re-fit
    Except you don't actually need a physical presence to sell football shirts. What you need is a web site, a small storeroom and an operative with some jiffy bags, a Sharpie pen and the ability to walk to the post office. Otherwise (as usual) you're bang on the money there.
  • Options
    The protest shirt raised loads of money for charity and costs half the price of the official kit. It is sponsored by a true Charlton fan not a gambling company, was designed by fans and looks better than the official kit.
    Until he sells, whether we win every match or not next season, the protest kit is the one to wear, not the one shoved down the throat of innocent fans at a rip off price.
    I may be a lone voice but my feeling about the new kit is shove it, including any launches and announcements and such like.
  • Options
    Will there be anymore protest shirts made?
  • Options

If the results are poor, and he gets sacked by September (or October, or December) it will be a toss up between more demand and utter apathy.
  • Options

No plans at present.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

DA9 said:

Bespoke kits, for all teams and levels, even the kit for the Ireland games is temporary catalogue issue, so it's taking more time to produce, better that than generic stuff we've had before.

it really would be pointless releasing the kit when the club shop is having a re-fit
    Except you don't actually need a physical presence to sell football shirts. What you need is a web site, a small storeroom and an operative with some jiffy bags, a Sharpie pen and the ability to walk to the post office. Otherwise (as usual) you're bang on the money there.
    My thoughts as well.

That said, I tend to think the people at Hummel aren't stupid. I wonder if they're planning some sort of kit launch event, perhaps surrounding one of the home friendlies.