Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New fiver not suitable for vegetarians.

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:

Leuth said:

According to the MRS GREN acronym of living qualities, every living thing has sense and is therefore sentient

Oh well they drew the short straw by not having a face

iainment said:

Presumably not a problem unless you eat them.....

A lot of us won't knowingly use or eat anything that is made from dead animals.
    so if you were out in the country on a beautiful winters day, found a lovely pub with a nice log fire on the go but the seats by the fire was a leather sofa and and all other seats were leather covered including the bar stools you would stand/leave
    I have stood in those circumstances and sat sometimes. I'm not perfect but I try my best to keep to my principles. A bigger problem in pubs for me is the poor choice of vegetarian beers and wines.
    fair play mate, are any of the big brand beers vegetarian out of interest?
  • Options

iainment said:

Leuth said:

According to the MRS GREN acronym of living qualities, every living thing has sense and is therefore sentient

iainment said:

so if you were out in the country on a beautiful winters day, found a lovely pub with a nice log fire on the go but the seats by the fire was a leather sofa and and all other seats were leather covered including the bar stools you would stand/leave
    I have stood in those circumstances and sat sometimes. I'm not perfect but I try my best to keep to my principles. A bigger problem in pubs for me is the poor choice of vegetarian beers and wines.
    Bishops Finger
  • Options
    I would imagine it's possible to use some other material, it seems to be available.

http://dkcorporation.tradeindia.com/synthetic-tallow-1488985.html
  • Options

iainment said:

Leuth said:

iainment said:

I think one of the Mexican ones are (Sol or Corona maybe)
  • Options
    reminds me of the start of the Indian mutiny .. black hole of Calcutta and all that .. well worth reading the story behind how that all started .. a clue ? .. animal fat !!
  • Options

reminds me of the start of the Indian mutiny .. black hole of Calcutta and all that .. well worth reading the story behind how that all started .. a clue ? .. animal fat !!

Didn't the Hindus believe there was beef fat on the bullets and the Muslims believe it was pork fat? I base this on the fact im currently reading the Flashman book about the Indian mutiny :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    McBobbin said:

Didn't the Hindus believe there was beef fat on the bullets and the Muslims believe it was pork fat? I base this on the fact im currently reading the Flashman book about the Indian mutiny :)
    Were they looking after their figures then?
  • Options
    iainment said:

Gammysnr said:

iainment said:

Leather?
    Don't use it any more. So it's pvc all the way now ;-)

"The manufacture, use, and disposal of PVC poses substantial and unique environmental and human health hazards."

So it's mainly your fault that the planet is being ruined, Iain?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    You could point to almost any everyday object and somewhere in the chain of production a death of a vertebrate is involved.

Radio 4 just had some woman on who was purporting to represent every British Hindu and she was claiming that this presented a very real problem for Hindus living in the UK. Does it really? Do you use roads and pavements? Do you know what they probably contain?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:

exactly right .. ammo for the muskets consisted of a packet containing gunpowder and a bullet/ball .. the soldiers had to bite the paper packet to pour the powder into the musket etc. etc.
  • Options
    If a £5 note is your big problem you need to get a grip.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I would imagine it's possible to use some other material, it seems to be available.

http://dkcorporation.tradeindia.com/synthetic-tallow-1488985.html

Also known as five one pound coins.
  • Options

iainment said:

Leuth said:

iainment said:

Heineken, Stella, Carlsberg are ok. You can check it on the Barnivore website.
    Later this month, hopefully, Guinness will be vegetarian.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

iainment said:

Gammysnr said:

iainment said:

Leather?
    Don't use it any more. So it's pvc all the way now ;-)

"The manufacture, use, and disposal of PVC poses substantial and unique environmental and human health hazards."

So it's mainly your fault that the planet is being ruined, Iain?

Oh shit. So it's lace then.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Leuth said:

iainment said:

They will have to be quick
  • Options
    I saw this petition earlier and honestly thought it was a joke. Anyone who's signed it needs to sort their life out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Leuth said:

iainment said:

So tomorrow then
  • Options
    I meant by end December.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I was in one those trendy hipster east London boozers a few months back. Some feller came to the bar as I was getting served and said to the barman "excuse me mate, my vegan beer tastes funny". I nearly pissed myself laughing, what did he expect?!

I'd like to think it's because it's made out of vegans.
  • Options

I was in one those trendy hipster east London boozers a few months back. Some feller came to the bar as I was getting served and said to the barman "excuse me mate, my vegan beer tastes funny". I nearly pissed myself laughing, what did he expect?!

Stella is vegan.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Stella is vegan.
    you'll be pleased to know that i am doing more than my share in supporting vegan lager, i'm probably doing a few peoples share!
  • Options
    Is Jagermeister vegan?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Honestly cannot believe this made the headlines and they had someone on the news talking about it. Maybe if there was literally no other news then it'd be OK as some light news, but is this really deserving the same coverage as the tragedy in Colombia?