Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New fiver not suitable for vegetarians.

Comments

• Options

iainment said:

I was in one those trendy hipster east London boozers a few months back. Some feller came to the bar as I was getting served and said to the barman "excuse me mate, my vegan beer tastes funny". I nearly pissed myself laughing, what did he expect?!

Stella is vegan.
    you'll be pleased to know that i am doing more than my share in supporting vegan lager, i'm probably doing a few peoples share!
    Yes, I can confirm this
  • Options
    Charlton Aesthetic is a veggie although her rule is 'if I can't see or taste the meat, and if I don't know it's there, then it's fine'. This means that she doesn't struggle with beer or wine, although the other day I had a beer she couldn't have - it was infused with seafood. Naturally, it was one of the best beers I've drunk all year.
  • Options
    To pick potatoes, you have to mercilessly kill the whole plant

Which is the reason why we get so few chips at The Valley
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Is Jagermeister vegan?

Yes it is vegan. Almost all spirits are.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Charlton Aesthetic is a veggie although her rule is 'if I can't see or taste the meat, and if I don't know it's there, then it's fine'. This means that she doesn't struggle with beer or wine, although the other day I had a beer she couldn't have - it was infused with seafood. Naturally, it was one of the best beers I've drunk all year.

I'm admittedly veggie, and the only meat I missed when I went veggie was fish, but that sounds disgusting.
  • Options

......drink a pint of red wine vinegar if you think you got the worms. works on out chickens

Out chickens? You live in a strange country mate.
    I want to know why it doesn't work on closeted chickens and heterosexual chickens.
  • Options

This thread has great potential

Argument Alert is quivering in anticipation.
  • Options

Vegitarians and even worse Vegans are a pain in the arse.

I'm a vegan and have been for nearly twenty years. A really huge pain in the arse, then.
    Why am I a pain in the arse to you? I've probably never met you!
    The spelling is 'vegetarian', by the way (as in that odd and startling phenomenon, the vegetable).
    Am glad that you spelt 'vegan' correctly. It's a word that's becoming more commonplace as our number grows and grows....
    Well you do annoy me with the horse racing death threads and complaints.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
  • Options
    iainment said:

It has tallow in it.

So it's coins and notes from £10 up for me now.

You are going to eat £10 notes and coins?

For some reason that seems really Charlton.
  • Options
    @Iainment. You knew this was going to happen when you started this thread, didn't you?

I have to say when I was a veggie I didn't mention it unless I couldn't avoid it as inevitably some pompous twat would have to point out all the things I was doing / wearing that didn't fit their definition of being a veggie.

The pompous meat-eating twats wanted to make me out a hypocrite.
    The pompous vegetarian twats wanted to be a more authentic vegetarian than I was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@Iainment. You knew this was going to happen when you started this thread, didn't you?

I have to say when I was a veggie I didn't mention it unless I couldn't avoid it as inevitably some pompous twat would have to point out all the things I was doing / wearing that didn't fit their definition of being a veggie.

The pompous vegetarian twats wanted to be a more authentic vegetarian than I was.

I thought it was something worth a chat about really. It's more about the law of unintended consequences and as such probably more fundamental to Hindus, Jains and Sikhs who absolutely cannot handle these fivers.
    As someone mentioned above there was a war about the use of tallow in India.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I thought it was something worth a chat about really. It's more about the law of unintended consequences and as such probably more fundamental to Hindus, Jains and Sikhs who absolutely cannot handle these fivers.
    I hope they never use pavements or roads then.
  • Options
    What about petrol?
  • Options
    iainment said:

As mentioned on R5 this morning, McDonalds changed the coating on their fries from one containing animal fats to one containing wheat. So making lifestyle-choice vegies happy but putting two fingers up to those who can't have gluten!
  • Options
    olster said:

What about petrol?

They run their cars on fuel generated by their own sense of self righteousness. Can make a Morris Mariner go from 0-60 in 2 seconds flat, whilst towing an Austin Allegro.
  • Options

As per usual, as soon as someone mentions veggieness, the meat eaters come with their pitchforks...

I prefer to use my steak knife.
  • Options
    The Euro is fat free.