Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New fiver not suitable for vegetarians.

Comments

• Options
    It may be left overs to you, but it is a happy retirement to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx5zkUbt2q0
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Don't tell Seth.

seth plum said:

I would imagine it's possible to use some other material, it seems to be available.

http://dkcorporation.tradeindia.com/synthetic-tallow-1488985.html

That has been my only post here, until now.

Must say it has been an unexpected entertainment to see the same old ground being gone over again, although this time with a bit more edge, indeed more bite if I may use that term. To read that effectively being vegetarian makes one a sociopath was a particularly amusing addition to the usual debate we have about vegetarianism on here.

Carry on.

Not all veggies Seth. Just you ;0)
  • Options
    Yeah. Fair comment. I can't even get along with apostrophes.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

iainment said:

Hex said:

Petrol and diesel comes from dead animals (as well as plants) so I assume veggies walk everywhere ?

I cycle.
    But obviously for most of us there are compromises we have to make. I try to live as much as possible without consuming animals or using stuff made from dead animals.
    Maybe I'm not 100% there but I strive for that.
    That's all really.
    Your patience is infuriating. Cant you just lose your shit?
    That would be behaving like a carnivore. And I try to avoid that. ;-)
  • Options

For what it's worth. I have huge respect for people who won't eat meat for animal welfare reasons. It's not for me but huge respect.

Why is that then?

I don't hold anything against people who don't eat certain foods for whatever reason, but why do you have huge respect for veggies?
  • Options
    I really do not get this animal welfare malarkey. If we did not eat pigs, lambs or beef the animals would not exist. They are bred to consume.

• Options
    People calling in LBC to say that this is offensive and one caller claiming he has already refused to take the fiver as change when offered and demand coins instead. Must be a money-spinner here for newsagents and shops, especially in Shoreditch and other hipster strongholds, just make sure your tills are empty of coins and you can effectively keep a fiver from every sale.
  • Options

I really do not get this animal welfare malarkey. If we did not eat pigs, lambs or beef the animals would not exist. They are bred to consume.

same with people that complain about dairy farming, we get beautiful veal on the back of milk production.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

People calling in LBC to say that this is offensive and one caller claiming he has already refused to take the fiver as change when offered and demand coins instead. Must be a money-spinner here for newsagents and shops, especially in Shoreditch Grove Park BR Station and other hipster strongholds, just make sure your tills are empty of coins and you can effectively keep a fiver from every sale.

• Options

795 million people don't have enough food to eat on a daily basis.

Just saying.

Are you arguing for a vegan diet that would free up land (is no animals needed) to grow crops for people to eat?
    Then domesticated animals farmed for meat only won't have any value at all and will die out. Then the anyone who don't quite understand the issue will be crying while ginger bollocks off Countryfile tells everyone how great he and his dad are for keeping the breed alive, even though it costs em dough to keep em

Why don't people except that this is how the world is? If one doesn't want to eat summin for ANY reason, don't eat it, but don't also try and make up some stupid argument against others that do..
    'Ginger bollocks' - that made me smile! He's such a smug bastard
    They've all even got a smug walk on that program
    Keep getting value for money @i_b_b_o_r_g.

• Options

795 million people don't have enough food to eat on a daily basis.

Just saying.

Are you arguing for a vegan diet that would free up land (is no animals needed) to grow crops for people to eat?
    Then domesticated animals farmed for meat only won't have any value at all and will die out. Then the anyone who don't quite understand the issue will be crying while ginger bollocks off Countryfile tells everyone how great he and his dad are for keeping the breed alive, even though it costs em dough to keep em

Why don't people except that this is how the world is? If one doesn't want to eat summin for ANY reason, don't eat it, but don't also try and make up some stupid argument against others that do..
    'Ginger bollocks' - that made me smile! He's such a smug bastard
    They've all even got a smug walk on that program
    Keep getting value for money @i_b_b_o_r_g.

Like I've said before, I'd need to watch BBC1, BBC2 and CBBC and listen to Radio 1 and Radio 2 on all at the same time for 116 years, before I would get, what I consider to be me moneys worth form them
  • Options
    edited November 2016

For what it's worth. I have huge respect for people who won't eat meat for animal welfare reasons. It's not for me but huge respect.

Why is that then?

I don't hold anything against people who don't eat certain foods for whatever reason, but why do you have huge respect for veggies?
    I have a fair amount of respect for them too, to be honest.

I'm not sure whether I'd cope too well without...

- a morning bacon sarnie
    - a post-pub lamb doner
    - a lazy friday chicken madras
    - a lunch-time triple beef burger
    - some cod and chips whilst walking along a windy beach,
    - a Christmas turkey
    - a chilli-con-carne on a summers evening
    - pate on my crackers on a sunday afternoon
    - Pepperoni and Salami on my pizza,
    - Black pudding on my hangover fry-up,
    - The Christmas Currywurst

Honestly speaking, it must be rare for me to go one meal without some meat. Lunch and dinner always have some form of meat in them, and a "propa breakfast" always has a combo of meats.

I'd be miserable as feck without that. Man can't live on Chips and Pasta alone.
  • Options

So, if you paid for your MacDonald's with one, you've probably giving away more meat product than you're getting.

The fiver would probably taste better too
  • Options

Why is that then?

I respect their stance in trying to do what they think is right for animals. I am a big animal lover and could never harm one. Sounds like I should be a vegetarian and perhaps if I didn't like meat so much I would be. Perhaps it's that I don't have the willpower to make that hard choice. I respect someone that does.
  • Options
    The official Charlton Aesthetic line on this: she will no longer kiss, lick or bite the new £5 note. Other transactions to continue as normal
  • Options
    Hope that's organic carrot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why is that then?

Cos we're cool as f***!
  • Options

Why is that then?

Cos we're cool as f***!
    Thing is, this is exactly how his post come over to me
  • Options
    It's ok everyone. Bank of England is now looking to bring out new tofu based fivers!
  • Options

Why is that then?

Cos we're cool as f***!
    What I mean is that I admire anyone that takes animal welfare so seriously that they are prepared to change their lifestyle to prove it. I would never harm any animal but I doubt I could give up eating meat. Much of me wishes I could.
  • Options
    you don't have to give up meat, just cut down e.g. only once a day plus one day meat free per week would be a good step for most and not that difficult tbh
  • Options
    Salad said:

you don't have to give up meat, just cut down e.g. only once a day plus one day meat free per week would be a good step for most and not that difficult tbh

That's me anyway TBH.

• Options
    Salad said:

Trust you to be promoting vegetarianism Salad!
  • Options
    Salad said:

Just buy a football ground pie, bugger all meat in any of them!
  • Options

Salad said:

Just buy a football ground pie, bugger all meat in any of them!
    or pie
  • Options

Why is that then?

Cos we're cool as f***!
    What I mean is that I admire anyone that takes animal welfare so seriously that they are prepared to change their lifestyle to prove it. I would never harm any animal but I doubt I could give up eating meat. Much of me wishes I could.
    I'm sure that if more people looked into where their meat comes from, they'd feel a lot better about staying with eating it rather than going over to be vegetarian. But then IMO, the biggest problem is that meat, in the UK in particular, is far too cheap when you consider what it is and the time and investment that goes into it.

I don't care if we've reared it, if I've shot it or if we've bought it in, that piece of meat gets treated with my utmost respect and nothing gets wasted. My only major argument I've ever had with my Mrs was when we had to throw a whole prepared chicken away because it was left out on the side.

Finally, IMO ethically farmed animals for meat have it best in every way, they're fed, watered and taken care of when they're sick; and then when they're dispatched they know nothing about it, there's no suffering and they gotta go sometime after all, just like the rest of us