Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson to meet RD tomorrow over signings.

Comments

• Options
    I do wonder if the thread title 'Robinson to meet RD tomorrow over signings' will prove unintentionally true. It will always be 'tomorrow'.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The trouble is, will the new manager who comes in about February, want the players KR brings in now?

It'll be O'Loughlin, I doubt he'll be fussy.
  • Options
    JMO we'll be bringing back a number of players that we have loaned out.
  • Options
    Are they back from Belgium yet? And more importantly, as this a Charlton thread, did they get to travel on one of the new Eurostar trains?
  • Options
    We misunderstood what he meant. He meant signings for other clubs of our players.

That Roly is a cheeky one
  • Options
    What odds on KR leaving before the end of the season and that Northern Irish geezer taking charge as caretaker until the Summer?
  • Options

I do wonder if the thread title 'Robinson to meet RD tomorrow over signings' will prove unintentionally true. It will always be 'tomorrow'.

https://youtu.be/JFGtRKx4ypY
  • Options

ross1 said:

The trouble is, will the new manager who comes in about February, want the players KR brings in now?

Doesn't really matter, KR probably doesn't want has never heard of the players he'll be getting in January
  • Options
    Splodge said:

What odds on KR leaving before the end of the season and that Northern Irish geezer taking charge as caretaker until the Summer?

Gosh. I'd never have thought about that one, my question would be why only until the summer? There is no way Chris McLoughlin would do it though, as a mate of Karl he would leave with him, being Karl's choice and all that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think Robinson will come back saying I have achieved peace in our time

And like that cretinous cowardly quisling before him, Robinson will find out to his cost that he is sadly mistaken

Harsh on Slade ; - )

Harsh on Chamberlin too who wasn't a quisling for all his faults and mistakes
    Yes quisling is over the top but you havent had to be reminded of his faults and mistakes by my wife and countless other Czechs for the last 23 years.

I hope that KR too is not a quisling, but I am not confident
  • Options
    Is there a press conference tomorrow. I'm intrigued to get KR's thoughts on the meeting plus Lookman and maybe now Fox
  • Options

And like that cretinous cowardly quisling before him, Robinson will find out to his cost that he is sadly mistaken

Harsh on Slade ; - )

Yes quisling is over the top but you havent had to be reminded of his faults and mistakes by my wife and countless other Czechs for the last 23 years.

"Quisling" or "Haw Haw" would be Comberford and Williamson not Robinson.

Chamberlain could have done more but not sure he could have saved the Czechoslovaka in any case.
  • Options
    i would drive fox to Sheffield myself for 2m
  • Options

Harsh on Slade ; - )

Chamberlain could have done more but not sure he could have saved the Czechoslovaka in any case.
    Well let's see what Robinson says after his very worthwhile visit to the Limberg Classico, and the possibility of a "board meeting".

If you do not wince every time you see Chamberlain holding up his piece of paper, well...
  • Options

Harsh on Slade ; - )

I know Slade hasn't got a team promoted in his 23 years of management, but it's a bit over the top for the entire Czech nation to hold it against him
  • Options

If I was the manager, I'd take a trip to Scotland and persuade Watt that he does want to be here!

Like Brian Clough in The Damned United?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If I was the manager, I'd take a trip to Scotland and persuade Watt that he does want to be here!

Wasnt his issue not that he didnt want to be at Charlton but the fact that he wanted to be closer to home and his GF / family
  • Options
    Make him feel wanted - 3 or 4 months holiday in London - GF can come too
  • Options
    edited December 2016

If I'm right, I seem to remember reading on CL that his girlfriend didn't like it down south, which didn't help the situation.
  • Options

If I'm right, I seem to remember reading on CL that his girlfriend didn't like it down south, which didn't help the situation.
    Make a point of meeting her also, when you meet him. Persuasion!
  • Options

We have enough strikers that don't score without bringing back one who is a disruptive knob and sulks.
  • Options

Harsh on Slade ; - )

Well let's see what Robinson says after his very worthwhile visit to the Limberg Classico, and the possibility of a "board meeting".

If you do not wince every time you see Chamberlain holding up his piece of paper, well...
    History quickly judged him wrong but we stepped up rearmemnant immediately after Munich and he draw the line at Poland.

No comfort to the Czechoslovaks but he was not a traitor
  • Options

Wasnt his issue not that he didnt want to be at Charlton but the fact that he wanted to be closer to home and his GF / family
    It seems to have worked wonders! .