Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson to meet RD tomorrow over signings.

Comments

• Options
    Boysie said:

Why is he talking to the press in Belgium about what players he wants to bring in ?

Damage limitation now Roland has been embarassed in his own country...
  • Options
    sm said:

"Myself, the captain (Johnnie Jackson), Richie Barker and Katrien Meire are going to go over. STTV are playing Standard Liege tomorrow night and I felt it was important I go to watch that game. I’m going to try to get a board meeting and have a chat and do some press over there as well about what players I want to try and bring in."

He is going to try and get a meeting!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it important to watch Sint Truiden and Standard Liege.

Sounds like KR sorted out very little when he was appointed then.

A total bull**** comment from the scouser.

Am I being too cynical to think they might be having a look at a few players with the view of signing them?
  • Options
    I think that's possible.

Also I think Roly will be looking to show Karl his vision for Charlton as embodied by Sint Truiden and the Stayen stadium.

Remember Karl, it's about the football first.
  • Options
    Let's just wait and see what President Duchatelet has to say before we all jump down Karl's throat.
  • Options
    Let's all see what comes out of the next few weeks never mind about what anyone says.

Who do we sell, what information are we given about the terms, who do we buy.

Around 5 weeks and we will know for certain.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Let's just wait and see what President Duchatelet has to say before we all jump down Karl's throat.

That's a bit boring ain't it
  • Options
    I can't help thinking when it comes to Presidents the USA come out of the deal at least 1-0 up! ;)
    P.S Maurice Hatter isn't he President?
  • Options
    El Pres is going to explain to Karl that Lookman has to be sold to balance the books after Riga got us relegated.
  • Options
    Karl is going to explain that lookman must not be sold so as to ensure we stand a chance of promotion and quote Katrien, who clearlhbsyayaed he would not be sold in January.

Duchatelet will tell him he runs the club his own way, lookman and Konsa need to be gone by January 3rd and then he has £500k to buy whatever he wants in the rest of the window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading this president shit all I keep thinking of the young ones episode "oil"

• Options
    I don't know about 'the president' I thought Lord Duct Tape had a better ring to it.
  • Options
    Hope JJ has a strong constitution? This is going to be a meeting of bullshitters...
  • Options
    edited December 2016

You know joking aside I hope Katrien, Karl and Jonnie manage to persuade Duchatelet to not cash in yet on Konsa and lookman because he will lose more in the short to medium term by doing so, and to get him to spend around £3-4m in the first two weeks of January on 3-4 players.

That would be an exceptional if unlikely result.

It would be the right result and the first time Roland has done so during the January window ... therefore I agree, unlikely.
  • Options

You know joking aside I hope Katrien, Karl and Jonnie manage to persuade Duchatelet to not cash in yet on Konsa and lookman because he will lose more in the short to medium term by doing so, and to get him to spend around £3-4m in the first two weeks of January on 3-4 players.

That would be an exceptional if unlikely result.

More chance of pigs flying and landing a shit on Roland's sad face than that happening.

• Options
    I see the Croatian Ivan Leko is the current manager of STTV. He has played and managed in Belgium, but seems to have no real 'Network' connections
  • Options
    It's not how much RD spends, it's all about who he trusts. After all, he has wasted millions on the word of mowgli and not batted an eyelid.

Hopefully KR will change RD's mind and that he will be allowed to buy some quality while keeping our own home grown talent.

I do feel that we all know what's going to happen though.
  • Options
    It's an evening match, so no chance of getting home tonight

I guess it's just as well we have so many coaches at the moment back at Sparrow's lane!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

I look at it more along the lines of RD flexing his muscles by telling KR to go out to Belgium, maybe because he didn't like something said in one or some of KR's many interviews, but knowing full well that the fans will find out.

KR has then said 'Yeah okay boss, whatever you say', but then going public as if it's his idea with the intention of moving the club forward.

I can picture him also putting it to JJ and RB as if it is gonna be a bit of a piss up on the firm type trip.

In short, I'm starting to think KR is a bit of a Billy bullshit and two faced c***.

Nailed it, mate.

I thought he was a bit of a bullshitter over that remark about other people cutting corners. He's been here two minutes, has talked the good talk (albeit with nothing to back it up.) and goes on to judge others? When you likened him to Brent out of the office it rang true tbh.

I've tried to like him but by the sounds of it his best match was against Bradford, coincidentally the first one where Nugent was probably doing a handover and really pulling the strings. Since then we've had nothing apart from 3 lucky points out of 90 minutes of dross against MK Dons.. hardly setting the world alight and backing up his words. He's a chancer, and relying on a few soundbites.

Henners has hit the spot when he mentions Karl realising how much of a connection Jacko has with the fans. He's just exploiting that now by taking him to Belgium and bigging him up as a potential manager. (Strangely something we've often seen on here...)

Lastly, he wants to speak to the Belgian press? Just after Rolands been embarassed by the Belgian press? Clearly he's going to do a PR job too, butter up Roland and keep him happy. Hardly the actions of a man who wanted to hear the concerns of the protestors? In fact, I'd say it's quite clear just how far he's prepared to cosy up to Roland now.

He's more of a network monkey than Riga as far as I'm concerned. At least Riga spoke out in his second stint. I cant remember Riga doing any PR jobs for Roland either.

I've tried to like you Karl, but the performances are shit, you're full of nonsense about wanting to meet the fans, you're no better than Katrien hiding behind Jacko, and you're off to Belgium to do a PR job for the boss.. talk straight or do one.
    It will be interesting on when and where Robinson gets to have a chat with the supporters.
  • Options

Missed It said:

Selling Charlton players is at the core of Duchatelet's half-arsed strategy. Any player worth selling will be sold.

Robinson has got his work cut out persuading Duchatelet to let him have any of that money to spend on the players he needs. Daisy will sit there giggling and contributing nothing while Jacko will just be thinking WTF am I doing here?

If you want to avoid getting anything done, have a meeting!

Wtf is Jackson doing there anyway?

There is no reason for him being there at all.
    The cheeky mickey mouser wanted someone to get the beers in on the train
  • Options
    Where is Cuckoo Chris while this jolly is going on?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Where is Cuckoo Chris while this jolly is going on?

Cuckoo Chris is in regular phone contact with Roland so no need for him to travel.
  • Options

Missed It said:

Selling Charlton players is at the core of Duchatelet's half-arsed strategy. Any player worth selling will be sold.

Robinson has got his work cut out persuading Duchatelet to let him have any of that money to spend on the players he needs. Daisy will sit there giggling and contributing nothing while Jacko will just be thinking WTF am I doing here?

Good job he didn't invite Elfsborg then
  • Options
    It's on premium sports live, if anyone is a Sado masochist
  • Options

Is it normal for a club captain to be involved in such discussions?

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this ..........bizarre
  • Options

Missed It said:

Can't knock him for that.