Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson to meet RD tomorrow over signings.

Comments

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

They are doing a tour of the teams they support over the next few weeks. This week KM,s (STTV), next week KR's (Liverpool), week after JJ's (Tottenham)

Jackson is an Arsenal fan I think
  • Options

Give KR a chance for gawd sake, damned If he does, damned if he dosen't, time to be overly critical I consider is in Feb if we are mid table and no chance of making a play-off position, far too many people on here are very quick to be negative.

I admire your sentiment, the problem is we have had so many fresh starts we're becoming pretty good at spotting the mistakes.
  • Options

At the end of the Millwall game KR gave a half hearted clap to the away end before quickky turning away from the hail of deserved abuse.

As he walked off the pitch he turned when he heard clapping from the Charlton and saw Jacko clapping in the fans. Karl took a long look at that.

Since then we've heard him praise JJ as a future manager and now he's taking him to Belgium. He sees Jacko as a weapon to be used in the battle to win over the fans.

Robinson is starting to realise that things aren't going as well as he hoped, his smiling Scouser trick isn't working and KM isn't the wonderful CEO he thought. Worse for him hes realised that KM is the monkey and that needs to speak to the organ grinder.

Hence the trip to Belgium.

Precisely.
  • Options
    I think we might need a new manager sooner than "normal ".
  • Options

Since then we've heard him praise JJ as a future manager and now he's taking him to Belgium. He sees Jacko as a weapon to be used in the battle to win over the fans.

Rather than getting Jackson involved, he could do what he said he was going to do and meet the protesting fans.
  • Options
    WSS said:

It's the whole "try" to get into a meeting thing.

All a bit weird.

Agreed, the comment is more than weird.

"I’m going to try to get a board meeting and have a chat and do some press over there as well about what players I want to try and bring in."

He doesn't need a 'board' meeting, merely a face-to-face with RD.

What is the point of 'doing press' over there? The only reason I can think of is to give Roly some positive sound bites to counter the recent negativity about him in the press.

Why talk to the press about the players you want 'to try and bring in'? This just gives notice to the selling club that you want certain players and will increase the price.

• Options
    Why is he bringing Sir Maurice into this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rather than getting Jackson involved, he could do what he said he was going to do and meet the protesting fans.
    I should think IF a board meeting takes place besides Roland telling Karl which new players he will be getting, he will also tell him what company policy is regarding the fans. KR taking JJ is to help him TRY and persuade Roland that the fans are needed. If you get my drift.
  • Options
    This trip over to STVV today is most certain to meet up with Roland at The STAYEN home of STVV.

Jackson on board as he has seen all, since Roland took over as owner and in Jacksons case Head player in squard.Not a bad move to have him at meeting can put players and fans view over in conversation as well as his own background of Charlton.

As for watching match this is just an other sideline as Roland will be at The STAYEN anyway so can conduct meeting in his private suite.

Good the CEO is attending aswell maybe afew home truths will come out.

Do not expect any players to be involved re transfers from STVV and Charlton .Thats not what this meeting is about.

While you have bank holiday in UK it is normal working day in Belgium or should be.
  • Options
    Maybe KR is gonna go all "Guns of the Navarone" on Roland?

Well ............... you never know ..............
  • Options

At the end of the Millwall game KR gave a half hearted clap to the away end before quickly turning away from the hail of deserved abuse.

As he walked off the pitch he turned when he heard clapping from the Charlton fans and saw Jacko clapping in the fans. Karl took a long look at that.

Robinson is starting to realise that things aren't going as well as he hoped, his smiling Scouser trick isn't working and KM isn't the wonderful CEO he thought. Worse for him hes realised that KM is the monkey and that needs to speak to the organ grinder.

None of that is bad though? I coated his post match interview after Millwall when I was a bit pissed but overall I think he is trying to do the right things. Whatever he says is clearly going to be shot down ( as this thread shows!) but hopefully his methods will bring about the results on the pitch soon enough and people will come round a bit. I know our problems run a lot deeper but I just want to the see the team playing well and the Valley a slightly less unhappy place.
  • Options
    HandG said:

At the end of the Millwall game KR gave a half hearted clap to the away end before quickly turning away from the hail of deserved abuse.

As he walked off the pitch he turned when he heard clapping from the Charlton fans and saw Jacko clapping in the fans. Karl took a long look at that.

None of that is bad though? I coated his post match interview after Millwall when I was a bit pissed but overall I think he is trying to do the right things. Whatever he says is clearly going to be shot down ( as this thread shows!) but hopefully his methods will bring about the results on the pitch soon enough and people will come round a bit. I know our problems run a lot deeper but I just want to the see the team playing well and the Valley a slightly less unhappy place.
    No, it's not necessarily bad.

What is bad us that it is needed at all.
  • Options
    Another poor show from us at home to the spanners, followed by the inevitable post match references to "not good enough", "new faces", etc and overall promises of free beer tomorrow.

It will be all downhill from there for KR.
  • Options

No Congo Chris?

He is already there - he doesn't need to try for a meeting he was summoned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

There's no meeting to tell RD what players he wants. There's no board meeting being called by Robinson. And there's only one reason he's going to watch that game.

Robinson is being told which players he's being allowed on loan. He will then get to watch them. He'll get to introduce them to the captain. Then, if required, he'll meet the press to tell them (a) how excited he is that he is able to bring in his own choices and (b) what a great job Katrien has done, "getting them over the line".

Doubt any of that TBH.

• Options
    As the Board is basically Katrien and Roland, they can have a board meeting dancing round in the ground after the game.

Whether Karl is able to persuade Roland of his plan remains to be seen but I'm reasonably sure that's Karl's goal.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

WSS said:

It's the whole "try" to get into a meeting thing.

All a bit weird.

Agreed, the comment is more than weird.

"I’m going to try to get a board meeting and have a chat and do some press over there as well about what players I want to try and bring in."

He doesn't need a 'board' meeting, merely a face-to-face with RD.

What is the point of 'doing press' over there? The only reason I can think of is to give Roly some positive sound bites to counter the recent negativity about him in the press.

Why talk to the press about the players you want 'to try and bring in'? This just gives notice to the selling club that you want certain players and will increase the price.

Perhaps he's learnt a lesson from CARD and the B20 that the best way to get 'at' Roland is to affect the way he is perceived in Belgium.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

It seems to me, that in going to RD direct is an indication of how KR has realized very quickly that having KM do his bidding for him isn't going to get him what he wants. It should also indicate to RD that his CEO has become ineffective in dealing with the club and might (hopefully) make him wonder what he needs her for. In taking any new job, a manager has to find out how to make his subordinates become effective, and how to get his employer to best support his efforts. In going to Belgium to meet RD, he is doing something that none of the previous, useless managers have done, going around KM and pleading his needs direct, and good luck to him.

It is possible that the last sentence is correct. Let's hope so. The next three weeks or so will reveal all.