Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson to meet RD tomorrow over signings.

Comments

• Options
    Boysie said:

Why is he talking to the press in Belgium about what players he wants to bring in ?

He's definitely been asked/told to portray RD in a better light after the Belgium20 reputation damage.

Be interesting to see what comes out of this. With Millwall, Scunny & Bolton as our last 3 games in Jan we need to do our business early in this window. Our season will be over if the board leave signings to the last day of the month as usual (when we usually end up missing out on who we wanted altogether!)
  • Options
    edited December 2016

How Karl Gobshite lurched from naive optimism to psychosis in the space of a few short weeks.

Somewhat OTT grumpy....................as usual.
  • Options
    Why watch STVV? To see if Ceballos can be the number 10 or winger that KR said we need.
  • Options
    So Chris McLoughlin stays behind rather than joining the junket to his old club.

On another note, I mentioned after the Taxi trip that several people mentioned Duchatelet's wife, she then appears at the 'message to Roland' event, and the recent Belgium interviews that confirm that STVV are not concerned with winning football matches, invoke Mrs Duchatelet and the development of the hotels, restaurants and shops on the football club's footprint.

Karl will be on their chosen area of operation, and he may be susceptible to seeing things through their mad eyes. I would pay careful attention to what he says about this trip, the outcomes, but most of all the results on the pitch...Not the quality of the dance music played after matches.
  • Options
    More propaganda from the great spin machine that Charlton Athletic has become.

F**K off Roland.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Why watch STVV? To see if Ceballos can be the number 10 or winger that KR said we need.

That was my thinking, as well.
  • Options
    Presumably he must watch sstv and standard as the players he has been told he can loan in may be playing.

Will be telling the press there how great Duchatalet is and how well things are going e.g. that 5000 serfs go for the drink, food and dancing provided by the President's benevolence and wisdom, when otherwise they would just be home alone with no social life.

He seems to be loving the network. Don't think he is the brightest though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that getting JJ involved is an attempt to get him onboard .

Would also be interested to see KR's comments to the media out there as he already seems to be towing the company line in front of the press.
  • Options
    This will all be offered up as proof that things are not as presented by the Belgian 20 and CARD. Welcome to the world of Pitch PR.
  • Options
    Its obvious innit?
    Since B20's statement saying they intended to protest at ST, RD has decided to import his own bodyguards/negotiators for all ST games - and he also wants to show them his new leaflet collection-along with all the nice xmas messages from lovely Charlton fans.
  • Options
    I'd give anything for JJ to give douchebag a piece of his mind. And maybe a two footed tackle. Any way we can give JJ some fan messages?
  • Options
    Probably organised by our PR team to show that Roland listens. Targets probably already agreed, but Robbo comes out of meeting to say Rolly asked searching questions like "huh" and has agreed to back him to get us up.

• Options
    McBobbin said:

I'd give anything for JJ to give douchebag a piece of his mind. And maybe a two footed tackle

Thought his legs had gone?
  • Options
    Karl Gobshite has got a ring to it.
  • Options
    Has this meeting been arranged or is Robinson trying to wing it.
    Who the hell is the President?
    I'm going to hazard a guess that this trip won't happen, when he finds out Duchatelet is too busy and btw Robbo you should be discussing this with Meire before making public pronouncements.
    The vibe I'm getting from Robbo is woe is me, me players are injured or shit can I have a new team please.
    Once it has been made clear to him how it works he can start polishing up his excuses when he doesn't get what he wants and he has to try to sell the 2 or 3 last minute donkeys to the fans
  • Options
    All seems a little weird and maybe a bit contrived to me. The owner would normally setup a meeting if he felt it was necessary, which after the results and performances since Big Karl took over, I would have thought should have happened anyway. But our cloooobs owner doesn't do normal.
    To me, going to take in a game and maybe hang around after to see if the chosen one will entertain you, sounds a little desperate. That maybe where the
    "Do a bit of press" comes into the trip. Karl, if he can't get his meeting with the gaffer(tape), can give it the Johnny big potatoes to the local Newsshopper. Nothing controversial just the normal nonsense that comes from his mouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I may be imagining it.....but didn't one of the guys in the GTKTN progs say that he was referred to as "the President "?
  • Options
    KR is trying to both butter up RD and impress fans at once. A high risk strategy, although at least he's got one...
  • Options
    They are doing a tour of the teams they support over the next few weeks. This week KM,s (STTV), next week KR's (Liverpool), week after JJ's (Tottenham)
  • Options
    Of course, meeting could have been set up before the MK win. Maybe Roland wants to find out why his latest Alex Ferguson isn't causing the fans to be dancing in the aisles. Perhaps he's got his P45 on standby.