Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fox Off - Confirmed Gone (Massives, Undisclosed)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    We are a physically small team. Fox's height is needed for set pieces at either end. Chicksen and Da Silva have pace which is lacking but if we can't defend free kicks and corners we will struggle.
  • Options
    I'd rather have Gary Borrowdale
  • Options
    Daggs said:

The best thing for Morgan Fox would be to leave. The treatment he gets from some Charlton fans is unjust and downright wrong.
    I'm sure those 'fans' will soon find another scapegoat.

This ... There must be something about him if Derby and Wednesday want him.
  • Options
    I'm not a Fox fan - just don't thibk he's good enough. But I do admire his devotion and will wish him well if he goes. Good move for him if it comes off. That said, I just can't believe that two upper championship teams are seriously bidding good money for him. There must be better left backs out there for that sort of dosh surely?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Daggs said:

The best thing for Morgan Fox would be to leave. The treatment he gets from some Charlton fans is unjust and downright wrong.
    I'm sure those 'fans' will soon find another scapegoat.

This ... There must be something about him if Derby and Wednesday want him.
    Chris Powell, a man who knows a bit about left back, is involved with Derby still isn't he?
  • Options

I was really impressed with him against Bristol Rovers. Brave in a way which isn't as flashy as smashing into tackles - tries to play the ball first time even though he knows he will get hammered if it doesn't come off.

Some of the opinions on here really say more about the poster than the player. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt by thinking it must be a child posting but you know some of them are for 50 year old skinheads who spend their saturdays shouting abuse at people.

Sorry a bloke calling himself ChrisWhytesBaldhead saying that made me laugh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not a Fox fan - just don't thibk he's good enough. But I do admire his devotion and will wish him well if he goes. Good move for him if it comes off. That said, I just can't believe that two upper championship teams are seriously bidding good money for him. There must be better left backs out there for that sort of dosh surely?

Holmes-Dennis?....oh hang on.
  • Options

Holmes-Dennis?....oh hang on.
    Yes, that thought was in my head as I was typing.........
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    LenGlover said:

We are a physically small team. Fox's height is needed for set pieces at either end. Chicksen and Da Silva have pace which is lacking but if we can't defend free kicks and corners we will struggle.

Not sure how tall Konsa and Aribo are otherwise a valid point Len as the new lad JFC won't help much at 5'10" unless he's got a leap like Uwe Seeler (West German striker of the 70's for you youngsters :wink: ).

KR and his coaches will be fully aware that apart from the CBs and Magennis the next additions, assuming there will be some, need to pass the height test.
  • Options
    HandG said:

» show previous quotes

Exactly. Good riddance to a youth team product who never gives anything less than 110%, genuinely cares for the shirt and, despite the totally unjustified stick he got from a healthy portion of them, always ensures to appreciate the fans before and after games and most importantly is vastly underrated by many. Welcome a Chelsea loanee who will be off in a couple of months.....

Monday's game just typified the reaction of some of our fans-his performance was pretty much faultless defensively and he got forward well yet, whilst good tackles and passes got pretty much ignored, his one mistimed tackle got jumped upon and he was the biggest c*nt under the sun....

Good luck Morgan, you're better off elsewhere.

I too could not agree more with the above post. Never one for hurling abuse at our own players myself (seems self defeating) and in Morgans case find it unjustified. I am quite sure there are people more capable of judging his ability at Derby and Weds who are making the bids than the morons with the abuse.
  • Options
    weve played 25 league games this season and the only game anyone can say he played well is 1 against bristol rovers, what did he do in the other 24 games, not saying he was the only one that hasnt played to potential.
  • Options
    I liked Morgan. Not the finished article but he always gave his all and he will go on to be a better player elsewhere now it seems. Good luck Morgan!

Now we are short again at LB but more importantly who will the haters hate the most now?
  • Options
    HandG said:

I'll drive him up there myself, Good riddance.

Exactly. Good riddance to a youth team product who never gives anything less than 110%, genuinely cares for the shirt and, despite the totally unjustified stick he got from a healthy portion of them, always ensures to appreciate the fans before and after games and most importantly is vastly underrated by many. Welcome a Chelsea loanee who will be off in a couple of months.....

Monday's game just typified the reaction of some of our fans-his performance was pretty much faultless defensively and he got forward well yet, whilst good tackles and passes got pretty much ignored, his one mistimed tackle got jumped upon and he was the biggest c*nt under the sun....

Good luck Morgan, you're better off elsewhere.

I'll never boo a player, but ducking out from challenges at millwall the other week is not excusable.

Good riddance, mistake after mistake has cost us points. He never once holds his hands up, as soon as the ball hits the back of the net he already pointing and shouting at someone else.

The kids a joke, and his attitude isn't as good as you all make out. For me, someone who constantly blames others for their own mistakes isn't someone you want playing next to you.

He is better off else where, your right.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Ajose
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Randomly, was chatting with a work colleague earlier this week, got on to the subject of football, Charlton, etc - and she said her boyfriend was a good mate of Morgan's, and that she met him on NYE. Apparently he'd said that he was enjoying his time with us, but that he may well be off to Sheffield in January....
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2017
    Whilst, I don't agree with the negative view of Fox that some hold, he will do well with better players around him. The club sold the wrong left back. They should have sold Fox at the start of the season and kept Holmes-Dennis, who would have likely wanted to stay, if he was going to have a regular first team spot.
  • Options
    £700,000 seems a tad light?
  • Options
    braydex said:

£700,000 seems a tad light?

think most on here would accept 70k
  • Options
    I would t be happy selling even at £1.5m, another sale that will bite us in the arse.
  • Options
    stealing a living.
  • Options

weve played 25 league games this season and the only game anyone can say he played well is 1 against bristol rovers, what did he do in the other 24 games, not saying he was the only one that hasnt played to potential.

exactly this.