Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fox Off - Confirmed Gone (Massives, Undisclosed)

Comments

• Options
    Remember his first game at home when he ventured up the left wing and put some great crosses in and think he may have been deputising for wiggins who never really regained form for us but was technically a far better left back. In fact head he not got injured Wiggins was always the shoe in for left back and one could argue that Fox was there a bit too early and he never got to gain in confidence at a reserve level. But oh well I thought he seemed to appreciate being a Charlton player and never showed any arrogance . Booing players is always wrong regardless of how bad they are and especially when they are trying their hardest. Fox was often looking aimlessly up the pitch and would droid-like boot it up to nothing and that coupled with failing to track back enough and become the weal link in our defence was his undoing. Some who sit near me were more than just critical of him. Good luck to you Morgan.
  • Options
    Skybluestalk.co.uk all saying he's rubbish
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I was really impressed with him against Bristol Rovers. Brave in a way which isn't as flashy as smashing into tackles - tries to play the ball first time even though he knows he will get hammered if it doesn't come off.

Some of the opinions on here really say more about the poster than the player. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt by thinking it must be a child posting but you know some of them are for 50 year old skinheads who spend their saturdays shouting abuse at people.

Sorry a bloke calling himself ChrisWhytesBaldhead saying that made me laugh
    Big difference between calling myself Chris Whyte and looking life Chris Whyte mate ;)
  • Options
    Another academy graduate sold to a club in a higher division.

• Options
    Good luck to him. I didn't rate him but seemed a good lad. Probably 700k then? Seems more like his level rather than north of 1m which was being bandied about. It will be interesting to see how he does at a higher level for another club. Wednesday must have seen something there. We'll see.
  • Options
    Really quite sad to see him go. Especially to a higher rated team which shows he isn't as bad as lots of "experts" think.

He always gave his all and his passion was clear to see. Yes he wasn't always amazing but then he was our scapegoat. Why we've got to have one is beyond me. Can't believe the people who constantly shout abuse at him and slate everything he does. Even when he does something good they either shut up or moan saying he didn't mean to do that.

I'm happy for him to go to a place where hopefully all fans will support him. If it helps Robbo out too with squad building then that's good too.

Probably feel sadder for this departure than Ademola. Who's next I wonder?
  • Options
    Good luck to him... Who's next for the boo boys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Gone up a league? But he's shit isn't he? Or do we fixate on his less attractive traits like when a girl has a mole on her face and we miss her perfect bum? Or great personality?
  • Options
    Any idea on how much for?
  • Options
    I'm going to have to find something else to mock about our own fans now, aren't I?

Shouldn't be hard ;)
  • Options
    Article on the OS says he signed when he was 14. Does that mean like Lookman he's not a proper academy player?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    When he broke into the team I thought he had a good passing range. His issue was quality but I thought that would improve with experience. He has whipped good balls in a few times and did so against Port Vale this season, but in fairness, his passing hasn't moved on at all. He hits hopeful balls and his pass completion rate must be awful! I have come to the conclusion that when in forward positions, he just hits and hopes and the statistics probably back that up.

He lacks pace and the point has been made that Lookman's lack of defensive attributes may have over exposed him. Also, for much of his Charlton career he has ben playing in a side that doesn't find space enough to make passing easier. I do think he gets beaten - in that crosses come in - too often when he defends and he can get out of position too much. I have never seen him beat a player and he has overlaped a few times but doesn't really get forward enough.

I prefer Chicksen who seems to have a more overall game. I wish the lad well and hope he progresses at Wednesday. He certainly looked like he could progress when he broke into the team. I think it is good for him to get out as he has been getting some boos which I find pathetic for a young lad doing his best. I did think League One might be good for him, but he has looked worse this season if anything!

If it doesn't work out Wednesday probably won't buy a left back from us again. Sadly they did not see what a great left back Wiggins was before his injury as Bournemouth fans will also testify to. Pace got him out of jail and made him an attacking threat and they bought him when he lost it!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Article on the OS says he signed when he was 14. Does that mean like Lookman he's not a proper academy player?

Wasn't he released by Ipswich?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think the Simon Francis comparisons are entirely accurate. Francis had been a big success at Southend before he joined us, so had some pedigree of playing well. He also only was with us for a season and a bit, when Fox has been with us for much longer

Francis is also much more of an attacking full back, in the modern mode.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Wasn't he released by Ipswich?
    Yeah he was. There seems to be this idea that Lookman doesn't count as coming through our academy yet if a player joins just a year or two earlier it does.
  • Options
    Good luck Morgan. I always liked you playing for us. I hope you stay injury free and can settle in Yorkshire.
  • Options
    If West Ham can count Defoe as one of their academy players then it seems if a player appears in your youth team, no matter how often, then he is one of your academy, no time stipulation
  • Options
    Sad to see him go.

Treatment of him at times by so called 'fans' (mouth pieces) was disgusting!!
  • Options
    Good luck Morgan. Always remember, the boo boys at the Valley are no judge of a player.
  • Options
    Tried hard, people got on his back too easily but at times looked very promising. I think he'll do well surrounded by better players in a hopefully more supportive environment.

Best of luck to the lad.

We continue with one in one out. Surely making £11mill would mean you can actually enlarge the squad that has been too thin since douche took over?
  • Options
    It might give everyone a warm feeling, recruiting someone aged 8 and training them for 10 years until they reach the first team, but from a mercenary point of view it's much better to pick people up aged 16, and let someone else do the hard work
  • Options
    Good luck still think there is a good player there, was never gonna be at Charlton