Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fox Off - Confirmed Gone (Massives, Undisclosed)

Comments

• Options

I think he's worth no more than a few hundred grand. Would be stupid to sell him for less than 500k as we need the bodies etc but anything with 7 figures in would be wonderful business for Charlton, terrible for the buyer.

That being said, if we can flog him for £300k and re-sign Foley for free on another 6 month deal and stick him in at left back, that will look good on the profit/loss sheet this year and combined with the Lookman deal, should mean that KM is in for a well-deserved hefty divi payout at the end of this year. And nobody can begrudge her that.

See in fairness I can't see the hype over Foley,he just gets the ball and goes backwards where as someone like Fox who would attempt to go forward would lose the ball at times but get slated for it. I think the fact Robinson has let Foley go proves that!

Nothing wrong with your logic altogether, merely making an observation on Foley!
  • Options
    masicat said:

I'll drive him up there myself, Good riddance.

Tosser
    That's against the rules, surely. Send him to Sheffield with Fox!
  • Options
    Done.
  • Options
    Gone Chef Wendy

Undisclosed
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

Needs a big improvement to make it in the Championship but wouldn't put it past him to manage that! Still quite young.
  • Options
    Good luck Morgan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iamdan said:

Gutted another academy graduate has left.

Not the best, ALWAYS gave 110%. Regularly thanked fans for turning up and g'ing up players when a goal was conceded.

Wish Foxy the best.

Actually feel more gutted losing Fox than I did Lookman yesterday!!

Hopefully thats it for outgoings
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

iamdan said:

Gutted another academy graduate has left.

Not the best, ALWAYS gave 110%. Regularly thanked fans for turning up and g'ing up players when a goal was conceded.

Wish Foxy the best.

Actually feel more gutted losing Fox than I did Lookman yesterday!!

Hopefully thats it for outgoings
    Never had you down as a Roger Johnson fan?
    Oh yeah forgot about that waste of space!!... Hopefully he'll piss off too
  • Options
    Good luck to him.
    Not a KR full back.
    So at a guesstimate that's £9m for KR's transfer kitty.....
    Could get out the Championship with that let alone league one.
  • Options
    Best of luck Morgan!
  • Options
    wholehearted player who always gave 100%. Unfortunately I just don't think that was good enough. Too many fans have been giving him pelters lately & the abuse he got at Millwall was OTT - however, his positioning was suspect, often got caught out by the ball over the top & his crossing was abysmal - I will never forget away at Ipswich last season where we came away with a creditable 0-0 draw but should have won it by the possession we had - Fox must have put in a dozen crosses that evening, all of which either hit the first defender or went out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

Be interesting to see how he gets on at the Wendies.
  • Options
    As a fan you always want 100% commitment from your players.We certainly got that from Foxy.I am sure the boo boys will now look for a new target for their abuse - mores the pity.Good luck Morgan I wish you well for the future
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might as well change our name to charlton undisclosed!

For once it would be nice to know how much Roly is pocketing.
  • Options
    all the very best Morgan .. EXCEPT .. against us
  • Options
    Good luck Foxy.
  • Options
    Will Fox become the new Simon Francis and find himself in the Premiership soonish and performing far better than he ever did for us?
  • Options
    Talk of £700k. KM turned down £1.5m in the summer. She loves doing those deals.

Best of luck Morgan, always gave 110%.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Good luck Morgan. I found him frustrating rather than useless as some people thought. Has the ability IMHO but sometimes lacks the awareness. A 100%er and i'll remember his goal against QPR rather than him slicing the ball out of play.
  • Options
    Think it is a bad time to sell him as he isn't half as bad as people make out, we've had a heck of lot worse. Personally think he is too slow to succeed at LB in the higher divisions but only time will tell...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I have never booed any Charlton player and never will. I don't know of anybody who does their job better if booed so why do it? But I am not too gutted.
  • Options
    You have to wish him well. As I have stated elsewhere I don't think he'll quite work out up there but the treatment he's had in recent weeks has been shocking

Always put a shift in and never hid