Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fox Off - Confirmed Gone (Massives, Undisclosed)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/866096983?-11197:833:0

Who are some of our supporters going to boo now, If Fox goes and some were moaning about Lookman. I do not suppose these fans(?) could be wrong, no it must be all the other clubs who have it wrong. What are you going to do now Ajose, it looks like you are next
  • Options

weve played 25 league games this season and the only game anyone can say he played well is 1 against bristol rovers, what did he do in the other 24 games, not saying he was the only one that hasnt played to potential.

I'd say he played pretty well in almost all the games I saw. Certainly gave 100%, put in a few good crosses, and a few decent tackles.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    The influence of Charlton Life.....

......"He is highly rated by all down at The Valley and has even been capped seven times by the Welsh under-21 team."........
  • Options
    Rated by all.....PAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Chocolate teapot springs to mind.
  • Options
    I rate him as a 6/10 player, marginally above average. In League 1 that's acceptable I'd say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2017
    SDAddick said:

vff said:

Whilst, I don't agree with the negative view of Fox that some hold, he will do well with better players around him. The club sold the wrong left back. They should have sold Fox at the start of the season and kept Holmes-Dennis, who would have likely wanted to stay, if he was going to have a regular first team spot.

I still feel like THD was a bit of a white whale, people saw in him what they wanted to see and he got better the less he played. If Fox, far and away the better defender, has struggled with a lack of left-sided cover, then I shudder to think how THD would have coped, especially with back post headers.

That said, don't think we should have sold him (if we'd had the choice), and I suspect a large part of the reason why he left was Slade showed no interest in him. It's pretty clear Slade didn't want his fullbacks getting forward, given how much Fox and Konsa have gotten forward in recent games, and the fact we've signed DaSilva and are linked with Byrne Robinson would probably have liked THD very much.
    It's all opinion about THD. THD did really well in League 2, when on loan, and I think the could have managed in L1.

The fee for Fox bandied about in the summer, was 2.5 million, which if anywhere near true, Charlton should have bit Wednesday's hand off. What's the fee now ? £700K
  • Options
    vff said:

SDAddick said:

vff said:

Whilst, I don't agree with the negative view of Fox that some hold, he will do well with better players around him. The club sold the wrong left back. They should have sold Fox at the start of the season and kept Holmes-Dennis, who would have likely wanted to stay, if he was going to have a regular first team spot.

I still feel like THD was a bit of a white whale, people saw in him what they wanted to see and he got better the less he played. If Fox, far and away the better defender, has struggled with a lack of left-sided cover, then I shudder to think how THD would have coped, especially with back post headers.

That said, don't think we should have sold him (if we'd had the choice), and I suspect a large part of the reason why he left was Slade showed no interest in him. It's pretty clear Slade didn't want his fullbacks getting forward, given how much Fox and Konsa have gotten forward in recent games, and the fact we've signed DaSilva and are linked with Byrne Robinson would probably have liked THD very much.
    The fee for Fox bandied about in the summer, was 2.5 million, which if anywhere near true, Charlton should have bit Wednesday's hand off. What's the fee now ? £700 K
    I thought it was £1.5m in the summer and it's now thought to be £1m.

Also, we shouldn't put too much faith in rumored transfer fees for transfer that don't happen, let alone for ones that do. The way the deal was structured in the summer could have been heavily loaded toward add ons, whereas the deal now could be a lot of guaranteed money.

If we sell him for less than we could have gotten in the summer that would be rubbish business, as there is usually a January premium for buying clubs.
  • Options
    If the fee now is less than in the summer would be KR decision (this will be contradicted by the usual suspects) and I would expect a replacement to be announced soon after.

If you go you will join a club where you will be supported by all rather than the silent majority.
  • Options
    For me, he is better going forward that when defending. Too many crosses come over down our left, but a good Charlton lad, and I wish him all the best.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/866096983?-11197:833:0

Who are some of our supporters going to boo now, If Fox goes and some were moaning about Lookman. I do not suppose these fans(?) could be wrong, no it must be all the other clubs who have it wrong. What are you going to do now Ajose, it looks like you are next

Forster-Caskey. we might as ruin him before he's even kicked a ball.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    How many managers has Morgan had in his time here? i don't know, but i know people will say he's not good enough , but for the last 3 years we have not been a stable club , no wonder his confidence is shot to shreads, he's probably sick of it all , do the right thing and move Morgan, its a heck of a load cheaper living up north anyway, rent your gaff out and make a few quid. any organisation with a revolving door policy on managers and players is bound to have a negative effect on performance, Chelsea are probably an exception, but they can afford to be picky.
  • Options
    Wins the award for most threads opened about one player.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

weve played 25 league games this season and the only game anyone can say he played well is 1 against bristol rovers, what did he do in the other 24 games, not saying he was the only one that hasnt played to potential.

I'd say he played pretty well in almost all the games I saw. Certainly gave 100%, put in a few good crosses, and a few decent tackles.

i dont have the stats to hand but if you look at his player marks for the 24 games mentioned pretty confident he would be in the bottom 3 players, again got nothing to do with giving 100%, he loves playing the club and does try hard but he isnt good enough and unfortunately makes too many mistakes in a very unforgiving league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How many managers has Morgan had in his time here? i don't know, but i know people will say he's not good enough , but for the last 3 years we have not been a stable club , no wonder his confidence is shot to shreads, he's probably sick of it all , do the right thing and move Morgan, its a heck of a load cheaper living up north anyway, rent your gaff out and make a few quid. any organisation with a revolving door policy on managers and players is bound to have a negative effect on performance, Chelsea are probably an exception, but they can afford to be picky.

This.
    Look at how Harriott, similarly a target for the boo-boys, is doing well at Reading. A team currently 3rd in the Championship. Stability matters.

• Options
    averages so far this season sees morgan 4th behind foley (gone ) Jj ( 11 years older ) and novak ( injured ). if he goes he goes if he doesnt, personally if it frees up some money and gets us a couple of experienced players in i would be happy.
  • Options
    i rate tony watt because hes a good player, id go mad if anyone scored against millwall, i think him going could be whats best for the player and the club, he gives his all but its not enough so instead of playing for us getting slated every week move on we can get a few more bodies in and hopefully push up the league.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

i rate tony watt because hes a good player, id go mad if anyone scored against millwall, i think him going could be whats best for the player and the club, he gives his all but its not enough so instead of playing for us getting slated every week move on we can get a few more bodies in and hopefully push up the league.

Can't disagree with any of that,what I do disagree with is the mistreatment of Morgan by fans who should know better.

How many times do you hear people say I don't care about it if we are not winning games,playing well etc all I want to see is the players giving their all..........??
  • Options
    He probably won't be another Francis tho stranger things have happened.

We've always had more than our fair share of poisonous inbred halfwits who WANT certain players to fail. He's actually taken the abuse very well/professionally.

Good luck to him, he's certainly better off out.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    He could be a good player but has to work on his passing. This is an area of his game that made him stand out a bit when he broke into the team. I don't think it has improved to extent I was hoping it would - maybe in a team with players that are easier to pass to he will look better. He has shown he can play a lovely ball in, but he needs to do this more consistently. I will wish him well and all the best. I think we can improve on him, as it currently stands, for a third of the money being reported. But I also appreciate that we might see none of it!

I always rated Francis highly - I thought he was in the wrong team with us - and I was right there
  • Options
    I have never abused Morgan fox or any other player for that matter, i can't see the point it's hardly going to make them play better is it.
    But for me he is league one at best and has not improved this season despite playing regularly and in a lower division.
    I wish him well wherever he goes but I certainly won't miss him
  • Options
    I think he's worth no more than a few hundred grand. Would be stupid to sell him for less than 500k as we need the bodies etc but anything with 7 figures in would be wonderful business for Charlton, terrible for the buyer.

That being said, if we can flog him for £300k and re-sign Foley for free on another 6 month deal and stick him in at left back, that will look good on the profit/loss sheet this year and combined with the Lookman deal, should mean that KM is in for a well-deserved hefty divi payout at the end of this year. And nobody can begrudge her that.