Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Bellew

Comments

• Options
    this interview says otherwise ;)

“I grew up in a rough place called Long Lane. I was born in London Bridge and went to school in Rotherhithe. I was a Bermondsey boy so football-wise it was always going to be Millwall for me. There were kids at my school who supported Barcelona or Brazil! Barcelona! They couldn’t even tell you where it was on a map.”
    More attuned to local geography than his schoolmates and with two pushy uncles urging him on, Haye made his way to the notorious Den on Cold Blow Lane, not a place for the faint hearted. “It was an intimidating place,” says Haye. “All barbed wire and corrugated iron. I loved it, though. I liked the whole thing, all the swearing. It was a little tense. And I loved that it was my local club.”

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/david-haye-sing-when-youre-winning#t70xWOaZBlk1kr5D.99
  • Options
    Can't stand either of them. It's a shame there has to be a winner!!

Regardless, Haye wins easily IMO
  • Options
    Carter said:

cafc999 said:

Has Bellew ever been in the ring with a proper heavyweight?

Bellew was a heavyweight as an amateur
    Big difference between amateur and professional though, especially in that weight class.
  • Options
    Hate Bellew

Hate Haye more - just want him to go away, he gets his face everywhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Bellew 9/2. I think Haye will do it and want him to win but that's worth a go.
  • Options
    5/1 with PP
  • Options
    I just had a chancers £10 at 90/1 for Bellew 1st round KO.
  • Options
    Haye will destroy him, hopefully we get to see at least 3/4 rounds.

Those wanting to watch it local, the Lord Kitchener in welling shows all PPV boxing, so does the Portrait in Sidcup and the Three Blackbirds in Blackfen....have watched the boxing in all 3 and all good
  • Options
    Again don't like either really but want Bellew to beat the Uber loving Lion or Manc???? Whatever he is!!
  • Options
    I was in Hamburg in the worst rain I think I have ever seen for the fight v Klitschko and would have rioted if we knew Haye was blaming a broken toe. However he is still one of the most exciting boxers these islands have ever produced.

All that aside, Bellew has talked his way into a hiding because he knows it will make him enough money to not have to worry about money again. He is an idiot, but a brave one.

Ask anyone who knows David Haye and there are a few round the Orpington/Beckenham way that do and they will tell you he was an Arsenal fan as a kid. Not that who he supports bothers me.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Want Haye to win and he will inside 4. Looking forward to watching Bellew get a right royal pasting!!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    That sure was some serious rain.

Got away on our toes quickly at the end only to get in a bus to the station where some bellend smashed a window out.

Great weekend - but shit night.
  • Options

I won't be watching, I'll leave it to the trusty Costello/Bunce radio commentary

I'm not a boxing expert, so I may be misguided, but I often to listen to fights on the radio and imho Mike Costello is one of the very best commentators across all sports. Thanks to him, and the sport's recent habit of generating mediocre fights, it's often more enjoyable to listen on the radio than watch on the TV.

• Options
    Hot topic of gobby scousers who can't back it up but even a not quite as good as he was Haye should destroy tubby Bellew in a round or two

And I expect big cuddles and mutual respect at the end when they know the cheques are coming.

Will still end up buying though
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how Bellew reacts the first time Haye lands a meaningful punch.

Haye in 2.
  • Options
    The toe revelation, the humiliating fight with Chisora at press conference, the two fury pull outs and the two "Haye Day" experiences have proven to me that Haye is an absolute wanker.

He could be totally shot. No one knows because he hasn't had a fight since July 2012. That's nearly 5 years. A 36 year who has not had a fight for nearly 5 years.

I wouldn't put money on it but if Bellew is still standing after 4/5/6 then it could get interesting and very difficult for Haye.
  • Options
    This is just a circus fight with zero worthwhile undercard. Warm up for the main event that is Keith Thurman v Danny Garcia.

Won't be spending a penny on this card.
  • Options

This is just a circus fight with zero worthwhile undercard. Warm up for the main event that is Keith Thurman v Danny Garcia.

Won't be spending a penny on this card.

Thurman v Garcia has the potential to be a cracker
  • Options

That sure was some serious rain.

Got away on our toes quickly at the end only to get in a bus to the station where some bellend smashed a window out.

Great weekend - but shit night.

Ironically.
  • Options
    Carter said:

cafc999 said:

Has Bellew ever been in the ring with a proper heavyweight?

Bellew was a heavyweight as an amateur
    Heavyweight at amateur is not heavyweight in pro ranks. Heavyweight in amateurs equates to light heavy/cruiser in pros. You have super heavyweight in amateurs which is what Joshua was
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How anyone can think a man who got stopped by a light heavyweight can win a fight against David Haye is beyond me
  • Options
    haye is charltonised
  • Options
    I think this is bollocks but if it's not & Haye pulls out of a fight at the last minute again, that'll finish him as, quite rightly, no promoter will touch him!
  • Options
    I think auto correct swapped Achilles with hymen
  • Options
    Mind games?
  • Options
    I have almost no knowledge of boxing but didn't Haye retire some time ago? When did he come back and how bad must this other guy be that everyone feels the unretired Haye will win easily?
  • Options
    Hope they somehow manage to knock each other out at the same time. Both grade A tossers