Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Bellew

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    As others have said if Haye pulled out with an injury before the fight then he was finished, and he's earned a lot of respect by fighting on through immense pain.

Bellew gets the win but no real credit for failing to knock out a guy on one leg who couldn't move for 5 rounds. Without the injury to Haye there's no way he'd have won.

Hearn is an absolute moron, jumping in the ring and celebrating. Glad Bellew mugged him off, he knew the situation.
  • Options

Haye is finished has been for years.

Haye was finished when he screwed his shoulder. He hasn't been near the same since returning, but he still looked sharp and competitive for the first 5. After his ankle he had nothing but weaving and wild counters.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Haye was finished when he screwed his shoulder. He hasn't been near the same since returning, but he still looked sharp and competitive for the first 5. After his ankle he had nothing but weaving and wild counters.
    Stand on one leg and try to throw a punch. Now aim a JBG-style kick at the table, stand on the other leg and try to throw a punch.

For Haye to have survived as long as he did was astounding
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Thought he looked slow and clumsy before the injury. And the blow out he promised was utter toilet talk. Again.
  • Options
    Tom said:

What an absolute tit that Hearn is. Great to see Bellew mug him off at the end of the fight.

What did he say?
  • Options

Like I said before, circus fight.

Glad I didn't pay for it, that was a farce. If Haye knew his Achilles was busted with his trip to Germany he should've pulled out and delayed for a month.

Most fighters would but because of his previous postponements he couldn't really.

Calzaghe had a badly injured hand before lacey and wanted to pull out but his dad wouldn't let him albeit with a hugely different outcome than tonight.
    Nice edit!!!
  • Options

Glad I didn't pay for it, that was a farce. If Haye knew his Achilles was busted with his trip to Germany he should've pulled out and delayed for a month.

Most fighters would but because of his previous postponements he couldn't really.

Calzaghe had a badly injured hand before lacey and wanted to pull out but his dad wouldn't let him albeit with a hugely different outcome than tonight.
    Nice edit!!!
    What are you talking about?
  • Options

skybet have boosted bellew to win the fight 6/1

That's a nice little win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Most fighters would butake because of his previous postponements he couldn't really.

Your previous comment. :wink:

• Options
    I thought Haye was adjusting well until the injury. He didn't get to take him out like he hoped, and looked a bit silly trying, but he was getting far more tactical by the 5th. His punches were more damaging and clean. I think he would have either got the KO or won comfortably on points, but for the injury.
  • Options

Most fighters would butake because of his previous postponements he couldn't really.

Your previous comment. :wink:

Ha ha!
  • Options

Tom said:

What an absolute tit that Hearn is. Great to see Bellew mug him off at the end of the fight.

What did he say?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Hazza1874/status/838180167398883332/video/1
  • Options
    Without the ankle injury it would have gone the same way as Ggg v brook. Smaller man does well first few rnds then the concussive damage of the naturally bigger man eventually tells.
  • Options

David Haye is as much a Millwall fan as I am a Dennis Rodman lookalike
    Its the red hair
  • Options
    Haye's boxing boots
  • Options
    Just watched it.

Bellew wouldn't stand a chance against a full firing heavyweight.
    Hope he ignores Hearn, otherwise he could get seriously hurt.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    well edit my akkkka ... bit of a turn up .. nicely poised for a rematch when Haye's ankle is better, awwwwww poor David ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haye won't be getting a rematch from Bellew anytime soon if Eddie Hearn is involved.

Just heard him on 5Live, and his focus is on Wilder/Parker in and around September this year - trying to win a heavyweight belt.

Poor old David Haye is going to be so far down the back of the queue for a decent title fight, that even the likes of Dylan Whyte are probably ahead of him.

Interestingly there is one heavyweight, who has been inactive for a while, that may well fancy a ring return later this year - Fury vs Haye anyone?

Could well suit them both.
  • Options

Haye won't be getting a rematch from Bellew anytime soon if Eddie Hearn is involved.

Just heard him on 5Live, and his focus is on Wilder/Parker in and around September this year - trying to win a heavyweight belt.

Poor old David Haye is going to be so far down the back of the queue for a decent title fight, that even the likes of Dylan Whyte are probably ahead of him.

Interestingly there is one heavyweight, who has been inactive for a while, that may well fancy a ring return later this year - Fury vs Haye anyone?

Could well suit them both.

Bellew is no heavy weight,
  • Options
    Yes I know but tell that to Eddie Hearn!!!