Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Bellew

Comments

• Options
    Haye is getting battered. Ref should've stopped it by now
  • Options
    Taking some shots here, round and a half of it!
  • Options
    Bellew needs to pick his shots and it's over
  • Options
    Haye struggling to put weight on his knee?!
  • Options
    Really interesting fight now this.
  • Options
    This is mental.... I almost want HAye to win now
  • Options
    Is Haye limping or just knackered?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

He's limping, did his ankle.
  • Options
    Think his ankle is fucked
  • Options

I take it you havent watched the whole fight? His ankle went in the 6th to the point that he couldnt stand up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bellew is knackered too, just needs to stay out of reach now though.
  • Options
    Bellew struggling carrying the weight imo.
    Any heavyweight would have stopped him by now.
  • Options
    Is it the Achilles scare he had?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Is it the Achilles scare he had?

Got to be, he is all over the place
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I take it you havent watched the whole fight? His ankle went in the 6th to the point that he couldnt stand up
    Thanks. Watching in a pub with no sound on!
  • Options
    Taken them 3 rounds to strap it up?!
  • Options
    Massive, massibe bravery from Haye
  • Options
    Gotta be a rematch here
  • Options
    All the stick Haye (rightly) got for the toe injury, IF he has torn his Achilles and he is carrying on the guy is a hero.
  • Options
    I can now see the ankle is heavily strapped. Clearly wasn't fit to fight, but knew if he pulled out of another fight his career was finished
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he has ruptured his Achilles, how tf is he standing
  • Options
    If this was against a true heavyweight instead of a fat lightweight, he would have been sparked by now. Bellews chance in this fight was get it to go long and get Haye tired/injured and that's exactly what happened.
  • Options

I can now see the ankle is heavily strapped. Clearly wasn't fit to fight, but knew if he pulled out of another fight his career was finished

Good point, if he was injured before the fight, strange choice of footware in that case. No ankle support in the boots.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

If this was against a true heavyweight instead of a fat lightweight, he would have been sparked by now. Bellews chance in this fight was get it to go long and get Haye tired/injured and that's exactly what happened.

Not got the power to knock out an opponent who has been standing on the ropes absorbing punches for 5+ rounds
  • Options
    Really wanted the scouser to get sparked but Haye looks too old these days
  • Options
    Credit to Bellew for all the bad blood etc. He wemt straight over there and hugged him, he's fucking ecstatic with that, but he must respect Haye for fighting through it
  • Options
    For all the stick David Haye rightly got for that toe incident against Klitschko, I hope people give him the credit and respect he deserves for battling through tonight's fight with a bad injury. Absolute warrior
  • Options
    Croydon said:

sam3110 said:

Not got the power to knock out an opponent who has been standing on the ropes absorbing punches for 5+ rounds
    A guy with a granite jaw, a stone heavier, taller, naturally built bigger, no matter what you say about him Bellew taking this fight on alone was pretty ballsy. Sure he hasn't got the power to knock him out but I had him edging it before the injury anyway.

Haye needed a first half KO, he didn't get it and his ankle gave way.

Only 3 things were going to happen after that, stoppage, Bellew KO's Haye or Bellew points decision
  • Options
    I'll give Haye some respect for carrying on like he did however a few points:

All this cringeworthy build up, should have been stopped when he was getting pummeled, the towel thrown in at 9 and a half seconds, Bellew couldn't knock out a wank, the commentators carrying on like this is the greatest victory in the history of boxing and they are already talking about a rematch.

And people would still pay to see this. Shambles.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Shame as was shaping up to be a good fight.

Very brave by Haye. Real shame as it's probably end of his career and seeing him in the ring again against a decent opponent makes me realise what an exciting fighter he is.

Fair play to Bellew for being classy.

Doubt rematch will happen but if it does would be a great contest based on the early rounds. Would give bellew'so body time to get used to the extra weight.

Freaky fight but better than watching our football highlights.

Haye was class in not even acknowledging the injury which essentially ended the contest there and then.