Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Bellew

Comments

• Options

Bellew has clearly stuffed a sock down his boxers :smile:
  • Options

Looking at that strikes home Haye's point that this fight should never take place - it's a complete mismatch.

The extra stone Bellew has put on is basically sitting around his middle and all it will do is slow him down - he's not exactly twinkle toes to start with.
  • Options

Did you see the Dave Allen weigh in?
    Half a suitcase down his.
  • Options
    Valuev was about as mobile as a statue and all haye had to do was keep moving.
    Against klitschko he totally bottled it.
    I expect him to be too good for bellend but if he fights Joshua he will get destroyed
  • Options

Valuev was about as mobile as a statue and all haye had to do was keep moving.
    Against klitschko he totally bottled it.
    I expect him to be too good for bellend but if he fights Joshua he will get destroyed but much richer

Added an important bit there.
  • Options
    Is there random drug testing before this fight? Or any recent David Haye fights?
  • Options
    I think saying he bottled it against Klitschko is a bit unfair to Klitschko's talent.
  • Options

Did you see the Dave Allen weigh in?
    Half a suitcase down his.
    Just seen it. Made me chuckle
  • Options
    Bellew is always fighting a battle with himself to appear calm and respectful. I understand it, he's a prize fighter at the end of the day but him saying he is putting on a persona is bollocks. Haye is the same, he is an intelligent bloke and talks really well but him losing his temper wasn't to sell tickets it's because he was getting loads of grief from a group of scousers in a press conference and having to listen to an opponents aggravation.

I'd rather boxing didn't resort to this circus but it does and I've managed to ignore all of it

Haye will destroy Bellew tomorrow. Bellew has not shown me anything in any of his higher level fights at any weight to suggest otherwise. I've seen Haye box several times in the flesh and people stay hit whom he connects with and he is miles faster than any heavyweight I've seen on TV or live. I don't think there are miles on his clock as he is always in decent nick and pray tell, who has Joshua fought that replicates even a tenth of Hayes punch power or speed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

Bellew is always fighting a battle with himself to appear calm and respectful. I understand it, he's a prize fighter at the end of the day but him saying he is putting on a persona is bollocks. Haye is the same, he is an intelligent bloke and talks really well but him losing his temper wasn't to sell tickets it's because he was getting loads of grief from a group of scousers in a press conference and having to listen to an opponents aggravation.

I'd rather boxing didn't resort to this circus but it does and I've managed to ignore all of it

He went ott on soccer am last Saturday too...but understandable one week out from a fight. Would be unnatural if there wasn't pent up aggression and fear that close to a fight hence why the antics are always more exaggerated the closer to the fight.

Was awkward viewing but then an odd booking for a family show at 10 in the morning a week before the bout. Still it will have sold more ppv and it will all be toned down and mutual respect after the event as is normally the case with these pantomimes.

Not a new phenomenon though and Ali as great as he was in many respects was often utterly classless pre fight particularly with Frazier and Tyson etc all did it but it was all pre the social media bubble we live in.

Looking forward to this one though and would have really been interested in Haye Fury.
  • Options

Carter said:

He went ott on soccer am last Saturday too...but understandable one week out from a fight. Would be unnatural if there wasn't pent up aggression and fear that close to a fight hence why the antics are always more exaggerated the closer to the fight.

Was awkward viewing but then an odd booking for a family show at 10 in the morning a week before the bout. Still it will have sold more ppv and it will all be toned down and mutual respect after the event as is normally the case with these pantomimes.

Not a new phenomenon though and Ali as great as he was in many respects was often utterly classless pre fight particularly with Frazier and Tyson etc all did it but it was all pre the social media bubble we live in.

Looking forward to this one though and would have really been interested in Haye Fury.
    Very well said

I'll watch regardless is what I was trying to say, and I think it would be healthier for boxing if all the bollocks surrounding fights like this that shouldn't really be made in the first place happened but yes, it has 100% sold more PPV buys and made Eddie Hearn and match room a lot more money
  • Options
    edited March 2017

He may well beat Bellew, but against the bigger boys, he doesn't want to know.

.....other than when he beat Nikolai Valuev......the biggest world heavyweight champion in the history of the sport.
    Breaking his first on Valuev's chin too. He almost sparked him.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Valuev was dreadful. Absolutely terrible.

As soon as he faced a proper boxer heavyweight he was made a fool of by Wlad.
  • Options
    Haye clearly not a biologist
  • Options

Vegan Boxer David Haye Preps for Big Fight: VegNews, March 1st 2017
    vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=9113&catId=1

Daily Telegraph, Lifestyle, 6th May 2016:
    The first and arguably biggest change Haye made was dietary, deciding towards the end of 2014 to entirely cut animal products from his diet. He’s now a passionate convert to veganism, and keen to promote it as not just a viable path for professional athletes, but the most effective one too.

“A lot of the meat that people eat has been genetically modified, or if it hasn’t then the food the animal’s been fed has been. That’s tough for a human being to process, so cutting it out made me feel immediately better and stronger than ever. Not only my weight, either – I used to get eczema but don’t any more; used to get dandruff, now I don’t. Everyone should try it for one or two days a week.”

Rather than whey – based on an unwanted by-product from milk production – Haye has always preferred plant-based protein sources like split pea, quinoa and brown rice. To those questioning how a vegan could be so strong, he points to the animal kingdom.

“What’s the closest relative to a human?” he asks, only semi-rhetorically. “The ape. They’re 20 times stronger than man but they’re predominantly vegan. The only different is they eat so much more than we do. We wouldn’t be able to process all those plants, but you can if you have vegan protein shakes.”

Chimps have much denser muscle tissue than most humans (not me....I 'm jacked) so he can guzzle all the seaweed and kale he can get and still fall short.

Although I do agree with the ethos of what he is saying in terms of processed food and that more veg less animal product is probably healthier.

Never realised he was vegan and to have the physique he does without consuming bundles of steaks and chicken is remarkable. Remember seeing him in the street in town once in early 2000s before he was famous and he was really skinny (by comparison) so has put a lot of work in over the years to get to his size.
  • Options
    The most contrived build up to a fight in all time. More like WWF
  • Options
    Through a friend of mine I have met takaloo a few times. He once told me to get fighting strength you need gorilla strength so he just ate what the ate. Nuts, berries, leaves the lot. He was always in excellent shape
  • Options

The most contrived build up to a fight in all time. More like WWF

I agree but have still enjoyed it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still have a spare if anyone fancys going. £90 face value block 418
  • Options
    Lots of chat on here about chiselled physique - I'd just point you towards Bruno vs Witherspoon circa 1986.

Frank looked like, in the words of Clive James, a kilo of walnuts in a condom, but "Terrible Tim" looked podgy and out of shape.

By the end if the fight Frank would have swapped his granite physique for a stronger jaw in a heartbeat....
  • Options

Lots of chat on here about chiselled physique - I'd just point you towards Bruno vs Witherspoon circa 1986.

Frank looked like, in the words of Clive James, a kilo of walnuts in a condom, but "Terrible Tim" looked podgy and out of shape.

By the end if the fight Frank would have swapped his granite physique for a stronger jaw in a heartbeat....

True but Haye IMO does not have a suspect chin
  • Options

Vegan Boxer David Haye Preps for Big Fight: VegNews, March 1st 2017
    vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=9113&catId=1

Daily Telegraph, Lifestyle, 6th May 2016:
    The first and arguably biggest change Haye made was dietary, deciding towards the end of 2014 to entirely cut animal products from his diet. He’s now a passionate convert to veganism, and keen to promote it as not just a viable path for professional athletes, but the most effective one too.

“A lot of the meat that people eat has been genetically modified, or if it hasn’t then the food the animal’s been fed has been. That’s tough for a human being to process, so cutting it out made me feel immediately better and stronger than ever. Not only my weight, either – I used to get eczema but don’t any more; used to get dandruff, now I don’t. Everyone should try it for one or two days a week.”

Rather than whey – based on an unwanted by-product from milk production – Haye has always preferred plant-based protein sources like split pea, quinoa and brown rice. To those questioning how a vegan could be so strong, he points to the animal kingdom.

“What’s the closest relative to a human?” he asks, only semi-rhetorically. “The ape. They’re 20 times stronger than man but they’re predominantly vegan. The only different is they eat so much more than we do. We wouldn’t be able to process all those plants, but you can if you have vegan protein shakes.”

Chimps have much denser muscle tissue than most humans (not me....I 'm jacked) so he can guzzle all the seaweed and kale he can get and still fall short.

Although I do agree with the ethos of what he is saying in terms of processed food and that more veg less animal product is probably healthier.

Never realised he was vegan and to have the physique he does without consuming bundles of steaks and chicken is remarkable. Remember seeing him in the street in town once in early 2000s before he was famous and he was really skinny (by comparison) so has put a lot of work in over the years to get to his size.
    He's definitely put in a lot of 'work'.
  • Options
    www.stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-kingdom/sky-sports-box-office-live-stream
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

www.stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-kingdom/sky-sports-box-office-live-stream

Seems to have stopped working for me?!