Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Bellew

Comments

• Options
    A rematch would be awkward now.
  • Options
    Like I said before, circus fight.

Glad I didn't pay for it, that was a farce. If Haye knew his Achilles was busted with his trip to Germany he should've pulled out and delayed for a month.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

A rematch would be awkward now.

Yeah Haye will be best man at Bellew's wedding by the sounds of it ha ha
  • Options
    Watched on a feed that'd I'd have given up on for football. However, in slo-mo it was obvious that Bellew was by far the better boxer - well deserved win
  • Options
    Bellew was never going to get the KO on Haye, TKO was fair, though Haye would have gone all the way.

It was pretty sad to see as it was pretty even up to the 6th.

• Options
    Those saying bellew was far better are over stretching it a bit.

You can see that from their faces - Haye barely looks touched, but Bellew looks like he's taken a baseball bat to the face!
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Glad I didn't pay for it, that was a farce. If Haye knew his Achilles was busted with his trip to Germany he should've pulled out and delayed for a month.

Most fighters would but because of his previous postponements he couldn't really.

Calzaghe had a badly injured hand before lacey and wanted to pull out but his dad wouldn't let him albeit with a hugely different outcome than tonight.
  • Options
    Fair play to Haye for carrying on, surprised it even went to the 6th when his ankle went.
    All a bit over the top with the interviews at the end but the record books will still say Bellew won, can't see a way back for Haye now.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You can see that from their faces - Haye barely looks touched, but Bellew looks like he's taken a baseball bat to the face!

Yeah, i wouldn't say he was far better, but he edged it til the injury. Certainly showed him could take more than people thought he would
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Most fighters would butake because of his previous postponements he couldn't really.

Calzaghe had a badly injured hand before lacey and wanted to pull out but his dad wouldn't let him albeit with a hugely different outcome than tonight.
    I think you need to add that this was all a pay day. Get in that ring, injury or not and he's still making a lovely amount. A title fight yes he probably would have pulled out. Just goes to show what a shit show this whole thing was and boxing in general has become now.
  • Options
    Wilder or Parker next. FFS Hearn
  • Options

Wilder or Parker next. FFS Hearn

Seriously they're keeping Bellew as a heavyweight after that performance?!

He could barely land punches against a fighter with one leg unable to move. Any reasonable heavyweight would batter him.
  • Options

The toe revelation, the humiliating fight with Chisora at press conference, the two fury pull outs and the two "Haye Day" experiences have proven to me that Haye is an absolute wanker.

He could be totally shot. No one knows because he hasn't had a fight since July 2012. That's nearly 5 years. A 36 year who has not had a fight for nearly 5 years.

I wouldn't put money on it but if Bellew is still standing after 4/5/6 then it could get interesting and very difficult for Haye.

Thanks
  • Options

The toe revelation, the humiliating fight with Chisora at press conference, the two fury pull outs and the two "Haye Day" experiences have proven to me that Haye is an absolute wanker.

He could be totally shot. No one knows because he hasn't had a fight since July 2012. That's nearly 5 years. A 36 year who has not had a fight for nearly 5 years.

I wouldn't put money on it but if Bellew is still standing after 4/5/6 then it could get interesting and very difficult for Haye.

Thanks
    Any idea when we'll next get 3 points? ;-)
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

haye is charltonised

Thanks
  • Options
    I could actually see Bellew facing Parker, I only saw his last fight but he didn't look all that to my admittedly untrained eye,
    That guy AJ beat to win his belt was a world champion and I'd pick Bellew to beat him too
  • Options
    Parker is fighting Hughie Fury next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought Bellew edged the rounds up until 5, but Haye started to look more dangerous and was landing the more devestating punches.

Wanted Bellew to win, but have to say before the injury and around the 5th and 6th Haye was going to be the only winner. Bellew gassing himself out proved that in the 7th and 8th. I'm pleased Bellew won seems a decent guy, but sad Haye did his ankle/achilles. Few trainers would have pulled Haye, but if he was fighting a wclass heavyweight he should have been pulled.
  • Options

Shame as was shaping up to be a good fight.

Very brave by Haye. Real shame as it's probably end of his career and seeing him in the ring again against a decent opponent makes me realise what an exciting fighter he is.

Fair play to Bellew for being classy.

Doubt rematch will happen but if it does would be a great contest based on the early rounds. Would give bellew'so body time to get used to the extra weight.

Freaky fight but better than watching our football highlights.

Haye was class in not even acknowledging the injury which essentially ended the contest there and then.

Rematch will definitely happen... Haye knows he needs it or his career is finished and Bellew knows that too. Bellew holds all of the cards and can demand anything he wants... It will be the biggest moneyspinner available for him. Cruiser is weak as fuck at the moment and bar a defense against Huck/Bredies there is nothing of note there. Bellew should fight Haye, if he loses milk it for a trilogy and if he wins try to get one last big payday from one of the big guys in the heavyweight division.
  • Options
    Can't see the value in any rematch, as that fight was built on the apparent hatred between the two and they won't be able to pull that trick again.

Bellew will get beaten by a properly fit and tuned up heavyweight contender and Haye must face another long lay off to recover from his injury.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Yeah, i wouldn't say he was far better, but he edged it til the injury. Certainly showed him could take more than people thought he would
    To play devils advocate, I had Haye 3-2 up after 5, ringside they had it 2-2 with a drawn round
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

sam3110 said:

Dazzler21 said:

To play devils advocate, I had Haye 3-2 up after 5, ringside they had it 2-2 with a drawn round
    I had it 2-1 to Bellew, 2 drawn rounds
  • Options
    Anyone use the fight score app?
    Score the fight as you go but also shows the average of everyone who submit their scores.
    Average after 152 cards submitted so far had Haye 4-1 up after 5
  • Options

Anyone use the fight score app?
    Score the fight as you go but also shows the average of everyone who submit their scores.
    Average after 152 cards submitted so far had Haye 4-1 up after 5

That's how I had it at 5, after that scoring became a bit moot. It was Bellews fight to lose
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Haye is finished has been for years.

The thought of him taking on Joshua is absolutely hilarious.