Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Bellew

Comments

• Options
    Would that be counted as a draw?
  • Options
    Can't stand all the build up, still only a couple of re matches to get through.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Gloves are off was interesting. Bellew actually comes across as a decent man when he's with his family. Perhaps he wants one big pay day before a (failed) career in Hollywood? Haye even came across quite funny for a change, drinking a protein shake out of a cocktail glass in a yacht's hot tub and saying he only needs to turn up soberish! He was right about having no idea why Bellew started calling him out after becoming the crusierweight world champion.

My prediction, Khabib V Ferguson to be a far better card.
  • Options
    What times is the fight on? sky saying the program starting at 6
  • Options

What times is the fight on? sky saying the program starting at 6

I would estimate the ring walk for Haye/Bellew will be around 10.30pm
  • Options

still gutted to be let down on tickets a week before the fight, anyone recommend a decentish venue to watch, bexley/greenwich area?.

StTruiden is quite close - and you would get a free coach there and back.
  • Options
    Dont like both boxers, but I think Haye is the bigger bell-end. I get the impression that he'd rather be known for being a celebrity than a sportsman.
  • Options

My prediction, Khabib V Holloway to be a far better card.

You mean Khabib vs Ferguson right? Such a great fight, cannot wait.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I was in Hamburg in the worst rain I think I have ever seen for the fight v Klitschko and would have rioted if we knew Haye was blaming a broken toe. However he is still one of the most exciting boxers these islands have ever produced.

All that aside, Bellew has talked his way into a hiding because he knows it will make him enough money to not have to worry about money again. He is an idiot, but a brave one.

Ask anyone who knows David Haye and there are a few round the Orpington/Beckenham way that do and they will tell you he was an Arsenal fan as a kid. Not that who he supports bothers me.

Stupidity and Bravery are often confused. The difference is usually dependant on whether someone says 'Watch this'.... which almost always shows stupidity
  • Options

Dont like both boxers, but I think Haye is the bigger bell-end. I get the impression that he'd rather be known for being a celebrity than a sportsman.

You'd be wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Carter said:

I was in Hamburg in the worst rain I think I have ever seen for the fight v Klitschko and would have rioted if we knew Haye was blaming a broken toe. However he is still one of the most exciting boxers these islands have ever produced.

All that aside, Bellew has talked his way into a hiding because he knows it will make him enough money to not have to worry about money again. He is an idiot, but a brave one.

Ask anyone who knows David Haye and there are a few round the Orpington/Beckenham way that do and they will tell you he was an Arsenal fan as a kid. Not that who he supports bothers me.

Stupidity and Bravery are often confused. The difference is usually dependant on whether someone says 'Watch this'.... which almost always shows stupidity
    Stupidity would be to offer David haye a fight in a car park.
    Bravery is to offer him a fight in a boxing ring for which you will be handsomely rewarded
  • Options
    The closer it gets to the fight the earlier I see Haye winning.
    Was thinking first four rounds, now I'm thinking it'll be over in two.

Still want Bellew to win though.
  • Options
    Bellew's tried to imply Haye is not in great shape, that he's chosen partying over training, Rocky III style. And I am always suspicious of sportsmen who claim to be in the best shape of their lives. But having seen some footage of Haye working out... he looks in amazing shape.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Bellew's tried to imply Haye is not in great shape, that he's chosen partying over training, Rocky III style. And I am always suspicious of sportsmen who claim to be in the best shape of their lives. But having seen some footage of Haye working out... he looks in amazing shape.

Yes he does, I agree - far better shape than his last two 'fights'. Bellew will probably come in heavier, resembling a tub of lard.
  • Options
    Haye knows if he beats him he is in line for a massive payout fighting AJ, no way he will be slacking on his training.
  • Options
    A man should be known for his actions, and not his words.

Let's not forget that when tough guy Haye got his chance against big Vlad, he spent 11 rounds running away and then blamed it on having a bad toe.

He may well beat Bellew, but against the bigger boys, he doesn't want to know.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

.....other than when he beat Nikolai Valuev......the biggest world heavyweight champion in the history of the sport.
  • Options

A man should be known for his actions, and not his words.

Let's not forget that when tough guy Haye got his chance against big Vlad, he spent 11 rounds running away and then blamed it on having a bad toe.

Morning, Tony :wink:
  • Options
    He was only 7stone lighter on the night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I like how Bellew fans are pointing to the Carl Thompson fight of over 10 years ago and the Klitschko fight, who will go down as one of the best heavyweights of all time, don't laugh he'll get his respect after retirement. Haye learnt loads from the Thompson defeat, did Bellew learn anything other than he's not world level after getting battered by Stevenson? Bellew's first fight at heavyweight against a former champion, he's going to get splattered.
  • Options
    Doesn't feel that Bellew has as much to lose as Haye - he's not expected to win and will presumably be able to drop back down to cruiserweight.

Haye is good box office, but won't be credible in the future for the likes of Joshua if he doesn't win well.
  • Options

Yes, interim belts are confusing me!
  • Options

Indeed, I slowly worry that UFC/MMA is selling its soul, as boxing did, for the dollar.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Indeed, I slowly worry that UFC/MMA is selling its soul, as boxing did, for the dollar.
    Gotta get that 4 billion back some how !! Ronda is done, cyborg got done for drugs... jones is banned and CM is taking time off for a baby. How else can they make fights saleable atm ? they cant be doing much on PPV takings
  • Options

.....other than when he beat Nikolai Valuev......the biggest world heavyweight champion in the history of the sport.
    Breaking his first on Valuev's chin toon. He almost sparked him.
  • Options
    The weigh-in is about to start on sky sports news, Haye has requested a screen in between them.
  • Options
    skybet have boosted bellew to win the fight 6/1
  • Options
    Haye looks in fantastic shape as usual