Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson post Shrewsbury reaction.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Given his allusions to things happening before the game allied to his raging about players not sticking to what had been practised on the training ground, I wonder if the player in effect rebelled over his tactics/selection/existence in the dressing room pre-match and this rant is actually more about him defending himself to Meire/Duchatalet rather than an honest assessment of the situation.

The comments about the players - allied to the aside about the ones he brought in getting injured - also suggest that this is a swipe at those his predecessors have signed, again something which suggests he is preparing his defence.
  • Options
    Some interesting quotes from jackson last night coming at 8am apparently.
  • Options
    Surely he'd have known about the issues he alludes to before or during January ? Why not deal with it then and ship them out ?
    Magennis didn't seem to be a problem pre-Tarbuck or even in the early days of his "reign".
    This isn't the first time he's hinted at players faults - so why the eff pick them ?

That dressing room, if it wasn't before, is lost. We won't win another game this season unless he goes.
  • Options

This is not the first time he's mentioned rebuilding like Chris Powell did after are a poor previous half season getting to know the players etc. But the first time he's named SCP bet that goes down well with RD & KM

Meire referenced Powell's rebuilding herself last summer.

We were going to do the same last summer.

Has she said anything about "we underestimated League 1" yet?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

From what source? SLP?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think when he's gone he might become a useful ally for us. Though he would just be called a disgruntled ex employ
  • Options
    Geezer's a busted flush.

Get your cases ready Mrs Vinegar.
  • Options

How can Robinson assert that it is nothing to do with ownership when he says "40% of the squad don't care enough"? The squad has been assembled by four or five separate managers, two different head scouts and a stats nerd in Belgium. It is full of short term contracts and loans. That is so clearly a recipe for a squad that lacks cohesion and spirit.

Not too sure that Robinson's rant last night will do too much to bring them all together into one happy, cohesive unit. Would take time out to watch a live stream of today's pre-training chat between players and manager ...
  • Options

It can't be Rudd or he'd play Phillips.

Mentioned this last night, is part of the loan deal that, if Rudd is fit he plays?
  • Options
    February has been a disaster for him.

Went into it on the back of a decent run, the piece in The Times about 'healing the club' being more important than the promotion push that seemed to be in the offing and having cleared out the 'dead wood' in the transfer window....now he seems to have found some more!

Either he is being used as a patsy by Roland/KM etc, or he has willingly taken on that role, because otherwise someone would be telling him to keep some of his thoughts to himself in front of the media. And it's not as if the club hasn't bought in a lot of PR help in the last few months.

What he says is of little interest to most outside the club, but is going to being picked over word by word by fans and he is digging himself deeper into a hole.

Main question is at what point Roland will decide he is no longer useful and pay him off.
  • Options
    I'm making this up - I'm not in the know - but I'd fully expect any appointment like this to have, say, a six-month break clause in the contract with a fairly minimal pay-off. (A bit like a probationary period in a regular permanent staff contract.) My guess, therefore is that Duchatelet regularly gets rid of managers before he gets to the stage of actually having to shell out for the full 2 and half year payout, loyalty bonus or whatever. Have any of his appointments lasted more than six months?

Anyway, in my view, if Robinson hasn't gone by the end of the season, then he's here for the duration.

In that case, Roland's comms people will be along soon with a roll of duct tape to wrap round his gob.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

From what source? SLP?

Yup.....
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I never got to bed until 2.00 so only just caught up with the after match blame game.

You have final say on the team and tactics(within the Douchbags parameters) Karl and by mouthing off so much since you've been here you've dug your own grave and now you are pulling up the rope ladder.

All chat, nowhere near enough substance and what little team spirit you had has completely evaporated now. You've been sussed by the players who will now shaft you following that outburst. Should've kept the basics like defending as a unit to the fore never mind all this 4-2-3-1 shit!

Better get that CV updated pdq.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard Cawley‏ @RichCawleySLP 7m7 minutes ago
    Johnnie Jackson has echoed Charlton boss Karl Robinson - saying some of the players at the club are "not giving their all".
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    masicat said:

I'm not one for kicking out managers. We need to build again which means backing a manager through the bad times. Exactly what we needed to do with Parkinson and didn't. However, this bloke needs to go and go today. He is starting to look like a complete disaster and we simply cannot get relegated. Robinson simply has to go so that relegation can be avoided. Give Rowett a 5 year deal on top money.

That is simply not going to happen is it?

The problems at this club are caused by the ownership. Robinson was sacked by a club that was near the bottom of this league and Slade has never been promoted in 20 years of management and when he left us he went to the only club that that is more mis-managed than we are. No half decent manager is going to work under Duchatelet and Maire.

The idea that Rowett or someone like him would manage at Charlton is risible.
  • Options
    'We lost seven battles. That's not coaching causes that'.

In answer to 'what can you do about it?' 'Nothing'.

Good to know none of this is your fault Karl. Just a fat Scouse Pardew
  • Options
    Definitely lost the dressing room. Remember though KR is merely a by-product of the poisonous regime
  • Options
    Has he fucked off yet?
  • Options
    He seems to care and he talks with passion, but how he can say its nothing to do with the owner is beyond me. The business starts from the top. He complains that he has no defenders and Fox gets mentioned, well who the hell made the decision to sell him if we didn't have proper cover. My bet RD cashing in and if it was a problem why didn't KR dig his heels in and stop it, probably the same reason all our previous managers suffered Roland over ruled it, yet it has nothing to do with the owner.

You could go on and question the whole interview content of contradictions.

This is the second interview he has intimated things are drastically wrong at the club yet he can't do anything about it. Why not! Come clean Karl and if it is just a player problem pick the youth players and drop the ones 'dogging a bullet' because we are looking buggered anyway, so it isn't going to matter.
  • Options
    100% has to be Tex.

I believe Ulvestad is one of them too, he mentioned coming from Premier League clubs, just because he didn't start doesn't mean he may not be a problem of not caring enough.

I think maybe Botaka and possibly Watt as unfortunately his name always comes up in discussions like this. But since he's come back he has always gave the impression he really cares and wants to be here.

Would someone like Crofts be part of this, would be surprising but can't rule it out surely?

Guess we will find out in time, but for the time being, we are screwed and relegation is a real possibility...