Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson post Shrewsbury reaction.

Comments

• Options
    So when he came Meire said it was to give us the best chance of winning promotion but now results are secondary.

• Options
    There you have it, from one of the horses mouth!
    Bringing on and selling youth players presides over winning games and in turn returning to the premier league!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I thought it was to excite us, get our bums of our seats watching the football this great club deserves.....deary deary me we have been getting mixed messages Karl, at least your not claiming to have met a one eyed man with a wooden leg whilst out dogging who thanked you for restoring his pride in Charlton anymore.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    His comments are odd as he could only have been referring to the following:

- Byrne: brought in by him!;
    - Texeira: never used by Slade!;
    - Botaka: rarely used by Slade!;
    - Magennis: never shirks so unlikely;
    - Watt: he may not have wanted him back but he is not obliged to use him.

In short whilst I actually liked his willingness not to give a standard media trained interview, he is talking nonsense as usual!
  • Options

His comments are odd as he could only have been referring to the following:

- Byrne: brought in by him!;
    - Texeira: never used by Slade!;
    - Botaka: rarely used by Slade!;
    - Magennis: never shirks so unlikely;
    - Watt: he may not have wanted him back but he is not obliged to use him.

In short whilst I actually liked his willingness not to give a standard media trainined interview, he is talking nonsense as usual!

he has said he brought watt back over Vetokele!
  • Options
    Anyone film the coverage? Would be brilliant to have the comments made tonight compared to what's been said recently in the properly public domain!
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

Anyone else wish we still had slade

Slade was accused of not gaining enough points per game and KR statistics are probably worse! Despite his failures, Slade knew he had to build from the back and it was a job in progress.
    At Orient he did exactly that and played boring football for most of the first season in charge, (comments from an Orient fan I know) then got a few more attacking players in over time.
    Karl's comments are not helping him stay long term and the owners are unlikely to trust him with a few pounds and loan players for next season.
    Sadly I don’t see Rowett taking up the post because anyone with common sense knows this club is toxic.

Probably worse?! They're meaningfully worse!

Slade 20pts/16 W4 D8 L4 - 1.25 per game
    Slade/Nugent 27pts/19 W6 D9 L4 - 1.42 per game
    KR 15pts/15 W3 D6 L6 - 1.00 per game
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

masicat said:

I'm not one for kicking out managers. We need to build again which means backing a manager through the bad times. Exactly what we needed to do with Parkinson and didn't. However, this bloke needs to go and go today. He is starting to look like a complete disaster and we simply cannot get relegated. Robinson simply has to go so that relegation can be avoided. Give Rowett a 5 year deal on top money.

When Jimmy Seed joined Charlton he turned down a contract. He said he wanted to prove he could do the job first.

When managers have a long term contract they're in a win-win situation, which probably isn't healthy. The only advantage to the club is that it stops them being poached.

And JS only signed players he thought would boost team spirit.

Your Grandad was a great manager James, I only saw him from 1950 onwards but he was brilliant at turning young players such as Stuart Leary, Eddie Firmani and many more into top class players, he was a great motivator and there always seemed an excellent team spirit, saying that I would have hated to see him have to work for an owner like we have now
    Great post Johnny. My old fella first took me to The Valley in 1976 (3-2 win v Sheffield Utd). He always used to go on about Jimmy Seed, Stuart Leary (in particular), Eddie Firmani and Sam Bartram. He also used to have a good old moan about Gliksten. But god knows what he'd make of this shambles at his beloved club bless him.
  • Options
    Trouble is, is that each game KR changes the team, sometimes injuries, but never a settled side. He will say that players are tired, but when they are playing they are not training and I am sure I know which the players would rather do. How will we ever win when each game we put out a different team, especially the defence who need to build up an understanding and confidence in each other. It makes you think that KR still does not know his best team, even with injuries or tactics
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any proof of what was said in the Sky Sports vid? Missed it.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    He mentioned the defensive shambles for the breakaways but Byrne a right winger was the player furthest back and of the defensive players expected to cover, we know JJ, Tex and Crofts are dead slow, Aribo not played a dozen games and Konsa in 1st season. Were you not aware of this? Karl, doesn't that look like an accident waiting to happen? Who of these is not putting in a shift? Crofts was your captain on Saturday. Good luck digging out Tex in training.

If you have a slow fb marking a swift winger or a small one marking a tall one and it goes tits up, its not the fault of the player but you for planning through rose tinted glasses.
  • Options
    The man doesn't even know the length of his own contract. Embarassing.
  • Options

I'm for am glad he has made these allegations

Putting aside the issues of the ownership we have had far too many players under-performing and that includes the likes of Solly and JJ let alone those who he claims are not giving their all.

We cannot keep on blaming the manager who may have made mistakes it is clear that the desire from some players is definitely lacking.

He cannot either be in a position of "Naming and shaming" of those he suspects as it would decrease their value or attraction from another club (at the end of the season)

Too many loan players as well

You mention the likes of Solly and JJ. Can you honestly blame them for not giving their all?

They are the last 2 from Powell era. How many shit managers and teams mates have they seen come and go Post Powell?

Make no mistake, if JJ was 4 or 5 years younger he would have been gone long ago. If Solly could pass a medical somewhere else he wouldn't be here either.

Yes, they are paid to do a job, but it must be soul destroying to turn up to training each day, be trained by god knows how many different coaches and inept managers. Then on a match day turn up play in front of 7000 home fans, knowing it should be at least double that....but it isn't because of the amount of supporters stay away because they can't bear to be associated with a club that's cancer ridden and being run in to the ground.

5 mins of listening to Jimmy Tarbuck and I'd lose the will to live, let alone go out and perform for him.

As for blaming the manager. Maybe he should put up or shut up.
    Well said that man.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Unlike you.......
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

After sleeping on the events of last night, I can’t help thinking that we on yet another new low. The manager has said there is NOTHING he can do about the situation. Isn’t that his job? What is the point of him being here? Could, after saying that, he get another job outside the network? Or should he just tighten up the scouse routine a bit and become the new John Bishop?

Not at all sure or defending him but maybe he means there is nothing he can do because he does not have enough fit players to do it, I think it might be a case of bringing back a few of our loanees or younger players with something to prove into the team but rotate them a bit so as not too over play them as with Mavvi as Robinson said it was his fault he got the injury.
  • Options

So when he came Meire said it was to give us the best chance of winning promotion but now results are secondary.

Results have always been secondary under Duchatelet.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Unlike you.......
    You dried out yet?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Still - in 5 years when it's all a distant memory we can look back on results like the Shrewsbury game and remember how dark it was - and then revel in in the 27,111 sell outs once again under Manager Johnnie Jackson as he leads us to victory against reigning champions West Brom.

Now - where did I leave that massive pile of drugs I was taking earlier

I think you must have finished them mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Putting aside the issues of the ownership we have had far too many players under-performing and that includes the likes of Solly and JJ let alone those who he claims are not giving their all.

We cannot keep on blaming the manager who may have made mistakes it is clear that the desire from some players is definitely lacking.

He cannot either be in a position of "Naming and shaming" of those he suspects as it would decrease their value or attraction from another club (at the end of the season)

You mention the likes of Solly and JJ. Can you honestly blame them for not giving their all?

They are the last 2 from Powell era. How many shit managers and teams mates have they seen come and go Post Powell?

Make no mistake, if JJ was 4 or 5 years younger he would have been gone long ago. If Solly could pass a medical somewhere else he wouldn't be here either.

Yes, they are paid to do a job, but it must be soul destroying to turn up to training each day, be trained by god knows how many different coaches and inept managers. Then on a match day turn up play in front of 7000 home fans, knowing it should be at least double that....but it isn't because of the amount of supporters stay away because they can't bear to be associated with a club that's cancer ridden and being run in to the ground.

5 mins of listening to Jimmy Tarbuck and I'd lose the will to live, let alone go out and perform for him.

Listening to the rhetoric spouted by the drivel monsters on thus forum is hardly helpful.

"Lose the will to live" ...What a derogatory term!

Don't blame Solly and JJ for not giving there all............They are employees and are getting paid!!

We have so called supporters who have driven out players like fox only to realise that the replacement wasn't likely to be up to it.......well initially anyway plus praising a new player as the best thing only to realise a few games later he is not all WATT he looked to be.

There is no doubt that the regime is a major issue that with the right change of ownership we would be better off.It would galvanise supporters as well.

In regards to KR he has made mistakes and perhaps being open is one of them but watching the team when players who have made hundreds of appereances make mistake after mistake you have to question attitude.

It is interesting that whilst JJ almost stated the same as KR the other night albeit not so graphically he doesn't get the bullets.

It needs to be said by the senior players to clear the air as we have got what we have got

Support the team not the regime

Whilst KR's record thus far is not good and has made mistakes it can't just be about him our failures. How many chances have been not converted, how many poor challenges ?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I took an instant dislike to Robinson when he made a point of lying in his first press conference about him asking to keep RD's unqualified spy in his dugout and since then my dislike for him has only been confirmed as he continues with his constant drivel and deflection from the real problem of the owner in a way only matched by one other manager, laundry basket Karel.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Listening to the rhetoric spouted by the drivel monsters on thus forum is hardly helpful.

Don't blame Solly and JJ for not giving there all............They are employees and are getting paid!!

We have so called supporters who have driven out players like fox only to realise that the replacement wasn't likely to be up to it.......well initially anyway plus praising a new player as the best thing only to realise a few games later he is not all WATT he looked to be.

There is no doubt that the regime is a major issue that with the right change of ownership we would be better off.It would galvanise supporters as well.

In regards to KR he has made mistakes and perhaps being open is one of them but watching the team when players who have made hundreds of appereances make mistake after mistake you have to question attitude.

It is interesting that whilst JJ almost stated the same as KR the other night albeit not so graphically he doesn't get the bullets.

It needs to be said by the senior players to clear the air as we have got what we have got

Whilst KR's record thus far is not good and has made mistakes it can't just be about him our failures. How many chances have been not converted, how many poor challenges ?
    i stopped reading at fans driving out Fox. What nonsense. I can probably guess we are getting blamed for other aspects of the teams poor performances.
  • Options

I took an instant dislike to Robinson when he made a point of lying in his first press conference about him asking to keep RD's unqualified spy in his dugout and since then my dislike for him has only been confirmed as he continues with his constant drivel and deflection from the real problem of the owner in a way only matched by one other manager, laundry basket Karel.

T

Taking an instant dislike saves time.

I didn't like him from the start either but hoped that his record at Mk might mean that he wasn't a bad manager. But there is only evidence to the contrary. The first thing a good manager does is get the team organised. We are not organised, there is no discernible style. The stats are damning, only Fraeye has a worse points per game ratio. If we had stuck with Slade I don't think we would be in as bad a position, although I don't think we'd be in the playoff hunt either.
  • Options

Ok.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Said on sky sports news the objective he was brought in for was bringing on the youth. And then results.

As someone on here said the other day, we've basically become the new Crewe Alexandra
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Said on sky sports news the objective he was brought in for was bringing on the youth. And then results.

That sounds reasonable if you say the other way round. Results then bringing on youth! Say it as KR has reportedly said it and it sounds awful!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2017

kentred2 said:

As someone on here said the other day, we've basically become the new Crewe Alexandra
    Sadly yes, this is why I won't go to Charlton games currently even if I was not choosing to boycott, as sport should be about every team/athlete doing their best to win.

I can live with us being terrible if that is the best we can manage due to lack of funds(or other reasons) but I can't support a club who don't even want to be the best.