Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson post Shrewsbury reaction.

Comments

• Options
    He's gone now (or he should be).

The {...} rant to the players that we had as fans from Roland last year.

Surely no way back?

Div Four here we come.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The long and expensive contracts that Katrien has 'enjoyed' negotiating are beginning to bite now.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Nobody can be critical of Magennis before his injury so there are more obvious reasons than attitude I would imagine.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Public scorn on your players when you need them to play for the points never ends well. It's not like there is a depth of talent waiting to take their place either.

I'd sack him for that - get rid of them in the summer but don't lose the dressing room!
  • Options

I'm not listening to that. He's so full of shit. He's tactically inept and has been found out.

How many cliches can you fit in two sentences
  • Options
    Speaking of Ulvestad. The club uploaded a vid on twitter of the players walking out onto the pitch pre game. He walked out, didn't even get past the touch and turned around and walks back down the tunnel on his own. Looked a bit weird to me at the time but thought nothing of it
  • Options
    After the Bolton and Bristol Rovers wins and the feeling after those games that we had really turned a corner, I cannot believe how quickly things have gone so sour.

I have been an advocate of KR since he took over as I was Slade but that interview was a huge mistake. If certain players weren't playing for you before, they certainly aren't going to be now! And with injuries and suspensions we have as well as players out on loan, you would think that said players can't be dropped from the squad so will continue to have a "poor attitude" in forthcoming games-not great considering we are a team in free fall and two of the bottom four places are very much up for grabs.

This is all so bloody depressing....
  • Options
    I have been positive about Robinson - but even if he is right. And he probably is - you don't give interviews like that if you want those same players to play for you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not listening to that. He's so full of shit. He's tactically inept and has been found out.

How many cliches can you fit in two sentences
    Doing my best to rival Robinson but my point stands.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Dizzle said:

Speaking of Ulvestad. The club uploaded a vid on twitter of the players walking out onto the pitch pre game. He walked out, didn't even get past the touch and turned around and walks back down the tunnel on his own. Looked a bit weird to me at the time but thought nothing of it

Freddie certainly hasn't been favoured by KR since he arrived whereas he was a nailed on starter under Slade.

I'm not defending the guy If he's been disruptive but how would anyone feel when other loanees are signed which prevents one of them from being in the squad on a match day. Poor management of the transfers in during the window (what's new) especially when Da Silva has virtually been a bench warmer since his arrival.

He (Freddie) probably expected to start after the recent run of results especially as Mavididi is now out injured.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Robinson is just the latest Head Chef to over promise & under deliver at Chez Meire - the god awful restaurant we have, where The Valley used to be in SE7. After Chef Slade somewhat steadied the fast sinking eaterie but bored the few remaining punters to death with his dull, bland cooking - in came our latest hero. Promising jam tomorrow he has been left with egg on his chubby face after falling out with his staff - pissing off everyone from the experienced Sous Chef to the most junior of waiters. All this while whoring himself around to every cookery program on the Food Network.

So what next for Chez Meire will they stick with the Scouse Gordon Ramsey or bring back one of the knackered old Chefs previously booted out - perhaps the egg timer is ringing again for Carol Fry?

What a great analogy.
  • Options
    Christ it's bad if people are wishing slade was back. This seems to be a keegan moment, but I maintain that with their hands tied behind their backs, no one can be a success in this job.

Anyone that thinks KR or anyone else for that matter will be given carte Blanche to clear out and replace the squad in the summer is delusional.

The only way that may happen is if we're in league 2....oh, what's that you say...?
  • Options
    Can you think of a bigger case of a manager loosing the dressing room? If there is nothing he can do, he might as well go. But of course he is waiting for the pay off
  • Options

Can you think of a bigger case of a manager loosing the dressing room? If there is nothing he can do, he might as well go. But of course he is waiting for the pay off

And that's why he won't slag off the regime, he won't jump.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    sack him and bring the next savior.... then we start ripping that poor sod to shreds and the cycle continues. Relegation is about to happen and we may never recover even if fuck nuts does sell up
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Appearance money?
  • Options
    After sleeping on the events of last night, I can’t help thinking that we on yet another new low. The manager has said there is NOTHING he can do about the situation. Isn’t that his job? What is the point of him being here? Could, after saying that, he get another job outside the network? Or should he just tighten up the scouse routine a bit and become the new John Bishop?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nobody is going to succeed as manager at Charlton all the while we have the mad Belgian professor calling the shots. I do have a little sympathy for KR after hearing his interview, you can hear the emotion in his voice....we know the club is a shambles from boardroom level downwards, but we obviously dont know the entire story. Sounds like things are just as bad at player level as they are at the commercial level....shouldnt really be surprised about that should we.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

masicat said:

I'm not one for kicking out managers. We need to build again which means backing a manager through the bad times. Exactly what we needed to do with Parkinson and didn't. However, this bloke needs to go and go today. He is starting to look like a complete disaster and we simply cannot get relegated. Robinson simply has to go so that relegation can be avoided. Give Rowett a 5 year deal on top money.

When Jimmy Seed joined Charlton he turned down a contract. He said he wanted to prove he could do the job first.

When managers have a long term contract they're in a win-win situation, which probably isn't healthy. The only advantage to the club is that it stops them being poached.

And JS only signed players he thought would boost team spirit.

A different era then, James - a totally different world.

Why do people still go on about a manager for example sacked 6 months into a three year contract being paid out the remaining two and a half years of the contract. That does not happen - and trust me, I know. Every contract has a termination clause.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

JamesSeed said:

masicat said:

I'm not one for kicking out managers. We need to build again which means backing a manager through the bad times. Exactly what we needed to do with Parkinson and didn't. However, this bloke needs to go and go today. He is starting to look like a complete disaster and we simply cannot get relegated. Robinson simply has to go so that relegation can be avoided. Give Rowett a 5 year deal on top money.

When Jimmy Seed joined Charlton he turned down a contract. He said he wanted to prove he could do the job first.

When managers have a long term contract they're in a win-win situation, which probably isn't healthy. The only advantage to the club is that it stops them being poached.

A different era then, James - a totally different world.

Why do people still go on about a manager for example sacked 6 months into a three year contract being paid out the remaining two and a half years of the contract. That does not happen - and trust me, I know. Every contract has a termination clause.
    don't forget Meire gave him the contract..
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

masicat said:

Your Grandad was a great manager James, I only saw him from 1950 onwards but he was brilliant at turning young players such as Stuart Leary, Eddie Firmani and many more into top class players, he was a great motivator and there always seemed an excellent team spirit, saying that I would have hated to see him have to work for an owner like we have now
  • Options

Anyone else wish we still had slade

Slade was accused of not gaining enough points per game and KR statistics are probably worse! Despite his failures, Slade knew he had to build from the back and it was a job in progress.
    At Orient he did exactly that and played boring football for most of the first season in charge, (comments from an Orient fan I know) then got a few more attacking players in over time.
    Karl's comments are not helping him stay long term and the owners are unlikely to trust him with a few pounds and loan players for next season.
    Sadly I don’t see Rowett taking up the post because anyone with common sense knows this club is toxic.

• Options
    I'm with him i think the owner has royally shafted any managers authority with there constant hiring and firing

Any player who is unhappy with being dropped or unhappy with whatever knows jack it in for a few weeks and the manager will be gone.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

masicat said:

Curbs had a similar approach in that he would look at the character of a player as well as the ability.
  • Options
    Apparently 40% of the players don't want to be here.

Well that's a bloody sight less than the supporters, most season ticket holders have already shown that and then there are mugs like me who still go but really don't want to sit through the shit that is CAFC at the moment.

Like many of the players won't return next year unless el president goes.