Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson post Shrewsbury reaction.

Comments

• Options
    The more you think about the state of this club and what's gone on in the past and what is happening now the more I talk myself into believing this club is well and truly fucked.
  • Options
    Still - in 5 years when it's all a distant memory we can look back on results like the Shrewsbury game and remember how dark it was - and then revel in in the 27,111 sell outs once again under Manager Johnnie Jackson as he leads us to victory against reigning champions West Brom.

Now - where did I leave that massive pile of drugs I was taking earlier
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    My suggestion to Robinson would be to apologise for his comments to the players today, explaining that he was hurting and he doesn't believe them. He has to find a way to take them with him for the remaining games. This is the time to get as much experience as you can out on the pitch, not bring in more youngsters!
  • Options
    I think there is probably some truth to what he is saying. This group of players shouldn't be doing this badly and that's under two separate managers both of whom have decentish records for this league. That said he clearly thinks he has not contributed at all to the problems the club is going through at the moment when in reality he has to take some blame. He'd get a lot more sympathy if he admitted that he has made some cock ups. There's a big difference in saying "the place is a shambles and it's all the players' fault and nothing to do with me" to saying "the place is a shambles, I have to take some of the responsibility but so do many of these players".
  • Options
    Don't know if mentioned but they're talking about this next on sky sports news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

My suggestion to Robinson would be to apologise for his comments to the players today, explaining that he was hurting and he doesn't believe them. He has to find a way to take them with him for the remaining games. This is the time to get as much experience as you can out on the pitch, not bring in more youngsters!

I can see what your saying Mutts because we want all the players on board for the run in but there's no way he can apologise. He's made his bed now and needs to see his actions through otherwise what little credibility he had left in the game will be completely gone.

He'll have to drop those who are swinging the lead and go with what's left, far from ideal but he has no other option. His position is untenable for the whole squad to remain available for selection IMO.
  • Options
    After thinking this over last night and seeing the interview with Karl and jj I have soften a bit.

Although Karl could learn from the way jj got the same message out in a controled way, you can see he is angry with something and without knowing the details it's hard to judge if he is right to say what he has said.

I just fear that short term too much damage has done to get him through the summer to get rid of the ones who don't care.

Northampton will be very telling both in team selection and performance
  • Options
    We keep saying that we can't get any lower but somehow we seem to achieve it each week. I keep thinking the sun might shine tomorrow but it hasn't done for a few years. How sad.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Still - in 5 years when it's all a distant memory we can look back on results like the Shrewsbury game and remember how dark it was - and then revel in in the 27,111 sell outs once again under Manager Johnnie Jackson as he leads us to victory against reigning champions West Brom.

Now - where did I leave that massive pile of drugs I was taking earlier

Inside you?
  • Options
    Just shut your mouth Karl Robinson
    Every time you speak you're full of shit
    You don't get it

Just shut your mouth Karl Robinson
    No-one believes a single word you say
    Just go away

Hey hey hey

(with apologies to Simon and Garfunkle)
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I think there is probably some truth to what he is saying. This group of players shouldn't be doing this badly and that's under two separate managers both of whom have decentish records for this league. That said he clearly thinks he has not contributed at all to the problems the club is going through at the moment when in reality he has to take some blame. He'd get a lot more sympathy if he admitted that he has made some cock ups. There's a big difference in saying "the place is a shambles and it's all the players' fault and nothing to do with me" to saying "the place is a shambles, I have to take some of the responsibility but so do many of these players".

You only hear want you want to hear

He did state that he must take some of the blame
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

You only hear want you want to hear

He did state that he must take some of the blame
    I didn't even bother listening tbf.
  • Options
    The main issue with that interview is it's not as if he can make sweeping changes for the next game. That squad last night is pretty much all we have available, so unless he's going to play more kids, then he has to pick from exactly the same bunch again at the weekend.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

He seems to be clinging on for dear life. He's looking for a mass clear out in the summer but given his purchasing and recruitment thus far I'm not sure he can be trusted with a war chest of cash.

I want to believe in him, I really do, but I fear it's more for my love of the club than it is a love of KR.

Really not sure where we go from here

This exactly

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm for am glad he has made these allegations

Putting aside the issues of the ownership we have had far too many players under-performing and that includes the likes of Solly and JJ let alone those who he claims are not giving their all.

We cannot keep on blaming the manager who may have made mistakes it is clear that the desire from some players is definitely lacking.

He cannot either be in a position of "Naming and shaming" of those he suspects as it would decrease their value or attraction from another club (at the end of the season)

Too many loan players as well

You mention the likes of Solly and JJ. Can you honestly blame them for not giving their all?

They are the last 2 from Powell era. How many shit managers and teams mates have they seen come and go Post Powell?

Make no mistake, if JJ was 4 or 5 years younger he would have been gone long ago. If Solly could pass a medical somewhere else he wouldn't be here either.

Yes, they are paid to do a job, but it must be soul destroying to turn up to training each day, be trained by god knows how many different coaches and inept managers. Then on a match day turn up play in front of 7000 home fans, knowing it should be at least double that....but it isn't because of the amount of supporters stay away because they can't bear to be associated with a club that's cancer ridden and being run in to the ground.

5 mins of listening to Jimmy Tarbuck and I'd lose the will to live, let alone go out and perform for him.

As for blaming the manager. Maybe he should put up or shut up.
    Actually I would blame Solly and Jackson if they were not giving their all. They certainly must be hugely disapointed at the circumstances surrounding the whole club but they get handsomely paid for doing a job that we all just dream about.

In any case I don't think it's Solly and Jackson that are the problem.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    ">
    Swisdom said:

He seems to be clinging on for dear life. He's looking for a mass clear out in the summer but given his purchasing and recruitment thus far I'm not sure he can be trusted with a war chest of cash.

I want to believe in him, I really do, but I fear it's more for my love of the club than it is a love of KR.

Really not sure where we go from here

Excatly this.

Whatever he thinks of the players he needs them to ensure they pick up at least 2/3 win before the end of the season to avoid the drop.

You can only play the 'openly criticizing' card once or twice. I think he has used his final one already. I would start worrying about next season after he gets those wins because if it carries on as its going then he won't even get to next season.

If he survives a defeat on Saturday and the protest in Belgium I expect he will stay until at least the end of the season.

• Options
    Grapevine is right. Footballers like a moan at all levels and you can't keep them all happy. But to accuse them of not trying is crossing a line. There may be all sorts of reasons they are not performing and it is far better to have individual conversations with players. Some may be thinking - does he mean me?
  • Options
    Oh dear, what a mess. This has the hallmarks of KR preparing for his inevitable departure by letting the wider footballing world know that this shambles is not of his making. Trouble is, some of it is of his making.

He has been shown up in his time at Charlton as being a naive and inflexible manager. Contrast with the classy way in which Nugent conducted himself in his all-too-short time as caretaker.

But as he's our manager right now (unless anything has changed as I've been typing this), we must hope that he is able to turn it around enough to keep our League One status. He needs to make peace with some of the players and show some flexibility in his tactics. I'm not convinced that he will.

Incredible that it has come to this: the start of March, and we're desperately hoping that we will still be in League One next season :(
  • Options
    I think Tex is the problem - not sure exactly why, but KR mentions Lennon and Pearce - almost as if he would rather have them in place of Bauer and Tex. Pearce is OK but Lennon has not been at his best this season.

Not sure Bauer and Rudd get on all that well either.
  • Options

I think Tex is the problem - not sure exactly why, but KR mentions Lennon and Pearce - almost as if he would rather have them in place of Bauer and Tex. Pearce is OK but Lennon has not been at his best this season.

Not sure Bauer and Rudd get on all that well either.

I know Bauer hasn't been at his best of late (who has?) but if Tarbuck thinks Lennon is a better option than him or Tex then he's an even bigger clown than we thought.

He probably thinks he's talking about another scouser - John Lennon.
  • Options
  • Options
    Said on sky sports news the objective he was brought in for was bringing on the youth. And then results.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Said on sky sports news the objective he was brought in for was bringing on the youth. And then results.

Who said that?
  • Options

kentred2 said:

Who said that?
    Sorry. Robinson did in bit about training ground.