Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Not going to get 27k, laughable

Edit. I should mention that this was the estimate given separately.
  • Options

"Charlton Athletic CEO Katrien Meire said: “We are very pleased to be hosting a game like this at The Valley. The game provides a great opportunity for us to reach a new audience"

She really does live in a fantasy world.

Cab drivers supporting Spurs
  • Options
    Not if Roly sells up before the seasons ended.
  • Options
    "The two sides faced each other at Southampton’s St Mary’s Stadium last year, selling all 15,000 tickets available"

What happened to the other 20k seats then?
  • Options
    It will sell out comfortably and in terms of brand exposure it's a good move.

The 22 YouTube players last year had a combined 40m subscribers around the world and their respective videos of the match got a combined 30m views.

It's likely to attract youngsters with their families who will typically spend a fortune going to the occasional game at a PL club not realising how much cheaper and accessible the Valley is.

The organisers are also aiming to raise £200k for charity so it's win win.
  • Options

"Charlton Athletic CEO Katrien Meire said: “We are very pleased to be hosting a game like this at The Valley. The game provides a great opportunity for us to reach a new audience"

She really does live in a fantasy world.

She really can't stop herself can she? I was reading the announcement and wondering how anybody could complain about this. Then I got to Meire's quote. Clueless.
  • Options

It will sell out comfortably and in terms of brand exposure it's a good move.

The 22 YouTube players last year had a combined 40m subscribers around the world and their respective videos of the match got a combined 30m views.

It's likely to attract youngsters with their families who will typically spend a fortune going to the occasional game at a PL club not realising how much cheaper and accessible the Valley is.

The organisers are also aiming to raise £200k for charity so it's win win.

Really ? I'm astonished that something like this would sell out but I think it's another sign of how out of touch I'm becoming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was surprised to read this, it seems like a very sensible thing for the club to do.

I can see it selling out.

• Options
    I also thought Katrien's comment was perfectly acceptable. It's true, charity event that fills the Valley and some may return to watch Charlton play (possibly not that many, but some)
  • Options
    Their video with the details of the match was posted 3 hours ago and it's already been viewed nearly 400 thousand times.
    Incredible numbers

Not sure why last year at Southampton was limited to 15 thousand tickets but 27 thousand available for this year and I think they'll sell it out. Crazy.

Half the profit to CACT is great.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get close. CatJnr went to the St Mary's game and they sold out the allocation there fairly comfortably (proud to say that he made it onto the pitch at the end with his black and white scarf and "we want our Charlton back" banner)
    Took Nug Jnr to this last season at Southampton, was packed out. At least that's one game at the Valley this season I won't have to beg him to go to.
  • Options
    Nug said:

CatAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get close. CatJnr went to the St Mary's game and they sold out the allocation there fairly comfortably (proud to say that he made it onto the pitch at the end with his black and white scarf and "we want our Charlton back" banner)
    Took Nug Jnr to this last season at Southampton, was packed out. At least that's one game at the Valley this season I won't have to beg him to go to.
    This. I have no idea who these dudes are but fumbluff junior will be all over this, doubt it'll entice his big sister back though.....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Nug said:

CatAddick said:

stonemuse said:

This. I have no idea who these dudes are but fumbluff junior will be all over this, doubt it'll entice his big sister back though.....
    Very rich dudes! KSI has 16 million subscribers on his YouTube channel.

My son tells me one of them is a Charlton fan....Lewis Redman. By the way most of them are crap footballers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro537C-eDrg
  • Options
    For those interested tickets are available here from next Sunday:

http://www.sidemenfc.com
  • Options
    Who is Will Youtubers?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Greenwich Council have not given permission yet.

Tickets will sell on line only and go within a week. 26k anticipated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I keep up with some of the YouTube community but no clue who The Sidemen are. Any idea who is on the team playing against them?

Either way, as Leeds points out above, half of this goes to the Community Trust, so as far as I'm concerned it's a good thing.
  • Options
    She might have wanted to have entertained her current audience before she starts going for a wider audience.
  • Options
    My 14 year old son told me about this today and he was more excited about it than any Charlton game this season !
    What has this world come to .
    He's going with 6 if his mates . Could well be the biggest crowd at The Valley this season .
    Don't underestimate the momentum of this YouTube cobblers.
  • Options
    My best mate matches brands and youtubers/instagrammers for sponsorship etc and they get paid absolutely eye watering amount of money for just mentioning a product in an Instagram post or in a YouTube video. It's crazy
  • Options

My best mate matches brands and youtubers/instagrammers for sponsorship etc and they get paid absolutely eye watering amount of money for just mentioning a product in an Instagram post or in a YouTube video. It's crazy

I've heard that the more prominent members of the sidemen earn a few million a year?
    Eye watering indeed.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I keep up with some of the YouTube community but no clue who The Sidemen are. Any idea who is on the team playing against them?

Either way, as Leeds points out above, half of this goes to the Community Trust, so as far as I'm concerned it's a good thing.

They play against a "Youtube Allstars" team.

Basically a team made up of other prominent Youtubers who fans of the Sidemen will be aware of. So other fifa YouTubers, some vloggers, some gamers.

It's a crazy, crazy world.
  • Options
    Whilst we are on the subject of youtubers, one of the better content providers out there is Smiv of Palmers FC;

https://m.youtube.com/user/smivadee

Proper football and witty commentary.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    But the answer to the OP is clearly 'Yes, the gate will be bigger by at least 10k'