Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Youtubers charity match be the biggest gate at the Valley this season?

Comments

• Options

A few thousand kids playing footy on our pitch !

Where were they for that I'll-fated pitch invasion?? :wink:
  • Options

Any good enough for RD to make a few million from?
  • Options
    Am I the only one thinking why?
  • Options
    How tragic a bunch of no mark youtubers can make the Valley Sell out
  • Options
    Nug said:

Nug jnr and his mate got on. No way could they stop that lot.

I bet the blue jackets were licking their lips at all those little kids running onto the pitch. They would have a great time beating them all up without any yobs to stop them!

• Options
    Was there a sofa?
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

...First time I've ever sat in the south stand and I'm staggered as to how great The Valley looks from this position....

It's the Jimmy Seed Stand Tony, the Jimmy Seed Stand! :wink:
    Thanks you @Markg2004 we need to remind new fans like @Bedsaddick of our history
  • Options
    Great thing raising money for charity but I didnt realise kids are in to YouTube stuff that much, mine not there yet thankfully .

Better keep them iPads out of reach for longer

• Options

So they'll let a bunch of YouTube need can kids have a game of football on our pitch but the actual fans of the actual club aren't allowed. Karl threw a ball on to the pitch for us to play with and the stewards went mental apparently orders from above... good to see they still have their priorities right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who or what are the youtubers and why would you watch them?
  • Options
    First time Will (13) & Pippa(10) have sat in a sold out Valley.

Let's hope the next time is not too far off.....
  • Options

Kids watch their videos mainly gaming ones I guess. Tips on playing FIFA, minecraft etc. The Sidemen are a group of these who make football videos, pranks etc. Guess for kids it's like people going to watch a charity match with a bunch of Eastensers actors in. Not there to watch the football but to see "their" celebrities. Most of these youtubers have millions of viewers of their videos so attract big endorsements and make a fortune.
  • Options

Nug said:

Kids watch their videos mainly gaming ones I guess. Tips on playing FIFA, minecraft etc. The Sidemen are a group of these who make football videos, pranks etc. Guess for kids it's like people going to watch a charity match with a bunch of Eastensers actors in. Not there to watch the football but to see "their" celebrities. Most of these youtubers have millions of viewers of their videos so attract big endorsements and make a fortune.
    But, as someone posted earlier, why watch them play football ? It would be different if they were showing how to play Pokeman or Minecraft, but why do they think these geeks would be any good playing football ? It just goes to show how mad this world has become. You cant get more than 10k into the ground to watch 2 professional teams play football at a standard that is way above the common supporter but you can get 27k into the ground to watch 22 nobodies try & kick a football around just because they are good on the internet.

Next week they're debating solving the Greek debt crisis, then the week after doing particle physics in CERN...
  • Options

It's amazing how out of touch you all are.

How tragic a bunch of no mark youtubers can make the Valley Sell out

Nug said:

But, as someone posted earlier, why watch them play football ? It would be different if they were showing how to play Pokeman or Minecraft, but why do they think these geeks would be any good playing football ? It just goes to show how mad this world has become. You cant get more than 10k into the ground to watch 2 professional teams play football at a standard that is way above the common supporter but you can get 27k into the ground to watch 22 nobodies try & kick a football around just because they are good on the internet.

People watch them because they are entertaining. Something we can't say about Charlton for most of this season!

Also, its obvious that an annual event will have a greater attendance than something that occurs at least 23 times a season (especially something that is low quality).

Youtube is the future of visual content. Get over it and embrace it. Otherwise you'll be the future's version of the elderly failing to use and understand the internet.
    Just a bit sad thats all.
  • Options
    How tall is this Vickstarr 123 fella?
  • Options
    There is something so depressing about this...

• Options
    What planet is Katrien on?

"It will give us an opportunity to reach a new audience."

Charlton aren't even playing!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

Did she also mention the "match day experience"?
  • Options
    Apart from the numbers this is no different to celebrity football matches which used to be a regular thing when I was a kid. Remember a game at Erith & Belverdere where Dennis Waterman was meant to be the main attraction. Rode down on my bike to see him and he didn't turn up!
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Apart from the numbers this is no different to celebrity football matches which used to be a regular thing when I was a kid. Remember a game at Erith & Belverdere where Dennis Waterman was meant to be the main attraction. Rode down on my bike to see him and he didn't turn up!

Exactly this, they are celebrities to kids and have millions of fans. Not sure how many watched this live online but expect it was massive.
  • Options

Nug said:

Is this really the first celebrity football match you've heard of?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

cfgs said:

Took my 16 year old daughter and her friend, who wanted to go far more than my daughter. It was the first time since the 12th of September 2015 I had been to The Valley, although I knew the club shop was having a refit I can't believe the club didn't find someway to try and flog (what the two teenagers with me called ) merch. I spoke to a member of the club staff as well about the club shop and the fact there was a sellout at the ground, he was as bleak in his view of the future as I am.

I opted to not go in and found a nice spot to read in the sunshine as it isn't often I get that much time to myself. When they finally came out out the two girls, who had never shown any interest in watching football, both said they loved and my daughter said she would go to a game with me if I wanted. Which was the nicest thing she has ever said to me.

And there we are. Katrien was right.
  • Options
    27,000 people walking past and they didn't open the club shop!!!