Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Youtubers charity match be the biggest gate at the Valley this season?

Comments

• Options

Everything makes me feel old

Changed that for you ;-)
    Changed it to be even more accurate...
  • Options
    I'm getting a JoJo Bow for this.
  • Options
    If they can sell out The Valley, let's sign them all & release Crofts et al. :wink:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I'm getting a JoJo Bow for this.

Will it be black and white?
  • Options
    Seen that one of the 2 charitys is the CACT
  • Options
    Will give us a good chance to look at some of next seasons new signings I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I use YouTube frequently and upload videos myself.

Still sounds like the biggest load of crap in the world that I would never bother paying to watch.

Still, if it gets a crowd and people enjoy then good.

• Options
    What's youtube?
  • Options
    Season ticket holder with my sons last year. This is the only game they've gotten excited about this year.

If it doesn't sell out I'd be amazed.

I had to buy them the Sidemen Xmas annual type book. How shocked was I, with the cover price somewhere a£18 from memory. On a table full of other annuals from other you-tubers at a similar price.... Seems like a lot of old crap to me, but they seem to like it.

Depressingly I think it went straight into the book chart at number 1 and stayed there.

• Options
    My 6 year old watches the Fizzy Toy Show videos on youtube.

it is basically an American woman opening blind toys - i.e like a kinder egg when you don't know what toy is inside.

You only ever see her hands but she makes millions apparently.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

My 6 year old watches the Fizzy Toy Show videos on youtube.

it is basically an American woman opening blind toys - i.e like a kinder egg when you don't know what toy is inside.

You only ever see her hands but she makes millions apparently.

Yep these toy channels are the richest on YouTube, they make 1-5 videos daily and get millions of views on each and I believe children targeted channels get the best pay per view of an advert ratio.
  • Options
    According to their book (which my son has, honest guv) some of the Sidemen went to Bexley Grammar for the Old Bexleians amongst us. There is this hilarious comment from one bloke who now live in Bermondsey about how rough Welling is and how you wouldn't want to walk around on your own...hello?!
  • Options
    dizzee said:

What's youtube?

Alan Pardew's Chief Scout.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I used to work for a large company involved in construction and every year we would have a volunteer day doing construction projects for schools/hospitals etc. The firm used to bear the cost of the materials and we provided the bodies, but the struct condition was that none of the work could be used for publicity purposes. It had to be seen as a gratuitous act for the benefit of the communities, not for the benefit of the company. It's the difference between sponsorship and charitable giving.

She could have just said "we are promoting the event to get as many people her and help the charity as much as we can". No, she can't help disclosing the fact that it's just a another marketing opportunity on the back of cheap sponsorship of a charity. Just like the Community Trust is a tool for selling her image as the next Mother Theresa, as if she invented the Community Trust.

It's sad that my belief bias has reduced me to picking over her every clumsy communication to reinforce my beliefs even further.

I must admit that, at first, I thought people were picking over her comments and being a bit harsh for the sake of it, for what is, after all, a charity event (and, believe me, I'm no fan of KM).

However, your post has nicely put things in perspective: great post. Meire should be given no leeway on anything.

Can someone confirm, btw, (because I've read differing reports) if the women's team is actually run by Charlton, or if it's a separate entity as it were: she seems to like bathing in the glory of that as well
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I used to work for a large company involved in construction and every year we would have a volunteer day doing construction projects for schools/hospitals etc. The firm used to bear the cost of the materials and we provided the bodies, but the struct condition was that none of the work could be used for publicity purposes. It had to be seen as a gratuitous act for the benefit of the communities, not for the benefit of the company. It's the difference between sponsorship and charitable giving.

She could have just said "we are promoting the event to get as many people her and help the charity as much as we can". No, she can't help disclosing the fact that it's just a another marketing opportunity on the back of cheap sponsorship of a charity. Just like the Community Trust is a tool for selling her image as the next Mother Theresa, as if she invented the Community Trust.

It's sad that my belief bias has reduced me to picking over her every clumsy communication to reinforce my beliefs even further.

One other thing, I don't know if @Airman Brown can confirm how this type of operation works: do CAFC give over the ground for free? Who picks up the costs of stewards/police (I appreciate that should be minimal, but H&S requirements etc.)? I imagine the profits for the catering and any programme will go to the contractors (delaware)/club... I can imagine quite few hot dogs and coke being sold on the day (which, at least, gives RJ some incentive for being there!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One other thing, I don't know if @Airman Brown can confirm how this type of operation works: do CAFC give over the ground for free? Who picks up the costs of stewards/police (I appreciate that should be minimal, but H&S requirements etc.)? I imagine the profits for the catering and any programme will go to the contractors (delaware)/club... I can imagine quite few hot dogs and coke being sold on the day (which, at least, gives RJ some incentive for being there!)
    I would imagine security/stewards will be mobbed up for this. They were totally unprepared at Southampton last year and the pitch was invaded by thousands of kids. Southampton were not happy. No nets up behind the goals though!
  • Options

I must admit that, at first, I thought people were picking over her comments and being a bit harsh for the sake of it, for what is, after all, a charity event (and, believe me, I'm no fan of KM).

However, your post has nicely put things in perspective: great post. Meire should be given no leeway on anything.

Can someone confirm, btw, (because I've read differing reports) if the women's team is actually run by Charlton, or if it's a separate entity as it were: she seems to like bathing in the glory of that as well
    The Women's team is run by the community trust. Meire has no input into it which is one reason it is successful.

Like the Trust itself something that she's not contributed to but which she likes to insinuate is part of the football club.
  • Options
    The real problem is that Roland would happily replace the first team fixtures with a season full of exhibition matches, family fun and dancing, given half the chance. That's how much the actual football means to him.
  • Options
    I'm sure the discussions didn't go something like...

'Hi, its Katrien Meire here, my friend Driensen told me you organised a football match last year between youtubers, I'd like to offer my ground, The Valley, as a venue for this year.'

'Ok, we've heard of you, why should we come to you?'

'We can offer £500k of increased value to you.'

'Doesn't sound like much.'

Mic breaks down.
  • Options

The real problem is that Roland would happily replace the first team fixtures with a season full of exhibition matches, family fun and dancing, given half the chance. That's how much the actual football means to him.

I look forward to the day Charlton are 0-5 down at home to Burton, the sofa returns and some bloke is going wild at half time with dance moves for the opportunity to sit on it for when we play Plymouth at home in a few weeks.

In front of 3,000 fans plus Richard Murrary, sitting in the directors box folding his arms looking on as though there is a smart end game to all this and all is well.

While the squirrel is smirking so hard it hurts.
  • Options
    Who the fuck is Will Youtuber and why is he getting a game at the valley ?
  • Options
    My daughter seems to know half the potential players, which is a lot more than I know (zero).

She wants to go to the game but I'm glad to say we'll be in Phuket at that time, and I can think of better ways to spend my 60th birthday!

I asked her if she wanted to go to Charlton v Derby last time we were in London togetherand got a resounding no thanks.

Potential new fans, Katrien? Not if they're anything like my daughter.
  • Options
    Took their eye off the ball and forgot to retain the fans they had, before trying to appeal to the huge Euro dance music fan base in SE London and Kent.
  • Options

Who the fuck is Will Youtuber and why is he getting a game at the valley ?

Another of Driesen's recruits.
  • Options
    Over 3,000,000 views now according to fumbluff jnr. When are the tickets on sale again?