Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Youtubers charity match be the biggest gate at the Valley this season?

Comments

• Options

I used to work for a large company involved in construction and every year we would have a volunteer day doing construction projects for schools/hospitals etc. The firm used to bear the cost of the materials and we provided the bodies, but the struct condition was that none of the work could be used for publicity purposes. It had to be seen as a gratuitous act for the benefit of the communities, not for the benefit of the company. It's the difference between sponsorship and charitable giving.

She could have just said "we are promoting the event to get as many people her and help the charity as much as we can". No, she can't help disclosing the fact that it's just a another marketing opportunity on the back of cheap sponsorship of a charity. Just like the Community Trust is a tool for selling her image as the next Mother Theresa, as if she invented the Community Trust.

It's sad that my belief bias has reduced me to picking over her every clumsy communication to reinforce my beliefs even further.

I must admit that, at first, I thought people were picking over her comments and being a bit harsh for the sake of it, for what is, after all, a charity event (and, believe me, I'm no fan of KM).

However, your post has nicely put things in perspective: great post. Meire should be given no leeway on anything.

Can someone confirm, btw, (because I've read differing reports) if the women's team is actually run by Charlton, or if it's a separate entity as it were: she seems to like bathing in the glory of that as well
    The Women's team is run by the community trust. Meire has no input into it which is one reason it is successful.

Like the Trust itself something that she's not contributed to but which she likes to insinuate is part of the football club.
    Not entirely true. The ladies team is a separate company owned by one individual, not run by the trust.
  • Options
    Sold 10,000 tickets within 45 minutes of going on sale.

Don't tell KM or we'll be a YouTube club by August.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I used to work for a large company involved in construction and every year we would have a volunteer day doing construction projects for schools/hospitals etc. The firm used to bear the cost of the materials and we provided the bodies, but the struct condition was that none of the work could be used for publicity purposes. It had to be seen as a gratuitous act for the benefit of the communities, not for the benefit of the company. It's the difference between sponsorship and charitable giving.

She could have just said "we are promoting the event to get as many people her and help the charity as much as we can". No, she can't help disclosing the fact that it's just a another marketing opportunity on the back of cheap sponsorship of a charity. Just like the Community Trust is a tool for selling her image as the next Mother Theresa, as if she invented the Community Trust.

It's sad that my belief bias has reduced me to picking over her every clumsy communication to reinforce my beliefs even further.

I must admit that, at first, I thought people were picking over her comments and being a bit harsh for the sake of it, for what is, after all, a charity event (and, believe me, I'm no fan of KM).

However, your post has nicely put things in perspective: great post. Meire should be given no leeway on anything.

Can someone confirm, btw, (because I've read differing reports) if the women's team is actually run by Charlton, or if it's a separate entity as it were: she seems to like bathing in the glory of that as well
    The Women's team is run by the community trust. Meire has no input into it which is one reason it is successful.

Like the Trust itself something that she's not contributed to but which she likes to insinuate is part of the football club.
    Not entirely true. The ladies team is a separate company owned by one individual, not run by the trust.
    Really? Who?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Rob7Lee said:

Really? Who?
    Stephen King, has been for a while.

Charlton Athletic Womens Football Club Limited.
  • Options
    My team has a cup match against a team that KSI plays for soon. Should be interesting
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Really? Who?
    Stephen King, has been for a while.

Charlton Athletic Womens Football Club Limited.
    Used to work with him back in the 80s, good bloke.
  • Options
    Great author as well.
  • Options
    20k sold already. Great news for CACT.
  • Options
    £2 Kat-tax per ticket...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

£2 Kat-tax per ticket...

Considering this is a charity game you'd think de cloob would waive the fee, or at least half it.

No class whatsoever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Great author as well.

A SHINING example to us all.

• Options

Sold 10,000 tickets within 45 minutes of going on sale.

Don't tell KM or we'll be a YouTube club by August.

I was sat behind two 'You tubers' at the Ire v Eng rugby on Saturday and my 14yo was star struck. They were a pair of *really* scrawny looking no-marks yet apparently have millions of followers on Instagram/Twitter. My son and his pals have all bought tickets yesterday for the game. World's gawn mad etcetcetc
  • Options
    Absolute bonkers.

A few gobby energetic kids who can't even play football (and most of us over 25 have never even heard of), can sell out a football stadium in a few hours that the host football club with 100+ years of history could not do in weeks if it was in the play offs.
  • Options
    I'd be very surprised if even 1 person going to this game decides to go to future Charlton games based on their visit.
  • Options
    I'm surprised they aren't live streaming the event through oculus headsets, what's the point of anyone turning up if they are?
  • Options

I'd be very surprised if even 1 person going to this game decides to go to future Charlton games based on their visit.

Isnt there 1 person on this forum who became a Charlton fan as a result of going to a f*ck all for a fiver game?
  • Options
    Still YouTube based football exploits is a much more commercially viable enterprise than real football eh Roland?
  • Options
    who the f**k are the Sidemen ?!?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017

who the f**k are the Sidemen ?!?!

I was wondering this. I'm still not clear. Am I right in understanding that 20000+ people are going to come and watch a game at The Valley played by people who are footballers of, shall we say, Charlton Park standard? Or, have I got the wrong end of the stick here?
  • Options

I'm surprised they aren't live streaming the event through oculus headsets, what's the point of anyone turning up if they are?

They will be streaming it, they did for the Southampton one last year
  • Options
    @Henry Irving to tweet them back in 5...4...3...2...1...
  • Options
    WSS said:

@Henry Irving to tweet them back in 5...4...3...2...1...

At least they have the excuse of being geeks
  • Options
    God, this thread really makes me realise I'm an old git who has completely lost touch with what is happening in the world!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

My 6 year old watches the Fizzy Toy Show videos on youtube.

it is basically an American woman opening blind toys - i.e like a kinder egg when you don't know what toy is inside.

You only ever see her hands but she makes millions apparently.

Is a blind toy something like the opposite of a seeing-eye dog?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    They might have sold over 20,000 tickets, but they'll probably still send them to Bournemouth.
  • Options
    Or in other words, about 40% of the stadium.