Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017-18 Season Tickets - East Stand Blocks Closing

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the club have phoned me regarding next year. I'm told they intend to close East Stand Blocks A & B next season in order to "improve the atmosphere". My seat is in one of those Blocks and as a result I'm being offered a ticket pretty much anywhere else in the ground for £300.

Anyone else had a call or aware of this?

Seems to me an acknowledgement of falling crowds and perhaps we can all huddle together in one block of the West Stand!

Of course, if Roly sells up then this is a decision the new owners can and no doubt will reverse!

Comments

• Options
    Giving those blocks to away fans maybe? (for teams that would more than fill the Jimmy Seed stand I mean).
  • Options

Giving those blocks to away fans maybe? (for teams that would more than fill the Jimmy Seed stand I mean).

Indeed wasn't Orient or Brentford given those blocks a few years back in the cup.
    So they are hoping that they can fill them Rochdale next season if we don't go down.
  • Options
    East Stand today
    West stand tomorrow
  • Options

No big deal makes sense to me they are more or less empty anyway why waste time selling and paying for Stewards

Yeah but gives less indication they're selling though.
  • Options

No big deal makes sense to me they are more or less empty anyway why waste time selling and paying for Stewards

Agreed.
  • Options
    Closing those blocks would save approx. £100 a match in stewards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So they're not selling, bollocks :(
  • Options
    Those blocks have about 50 people in them at the last few games.
  • Options
    This raises a few questions

1. How much money would they be saving by closing one (or two) sections of the East Stand? Wouldn't it be just as expensive to steward that area as it would be to have stewards preventing people going in that area?

2. How do they get to a price of £300? That's about the most expensive ticket anywhere in the ground.

3. Did you tell them where they could stick their season ticket?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

1. How much money would they be saving by closing one (or two) sections of the East Stand? Wouldn't it be just as expensive to steward that area as it would be to have stewards preventing people going in that area?

2. How do they get to a price of £300? That's about the most expensive ticket anywhere in the ground.

really, thought centre blocks of East Stand were much dearer?
  • Options
    It could leave folk in Block A paying a lot more from at least the season after next. Think they're the cheapest in the ground? That's if we still have a club to support if this lot remain in charge.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Chizz said:

Yeah I'm Block F... I think my Season Ticket was £375 (?) for this season but even then thats not the most expensive in the Stand.
  • Options
    Can't see them saving or making more than a few grand a match for this.

Desperate cost-cutting measures which are outweighed several times over by the player contracts that Daisy 'enjoyed negotiating'.
  • Options
    Large, probably more a case of B!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Probably so that they can use them (or part of) them blocks for away fans that only sell 200 or so tickets. Think they can still use the away turnstiles but lead the fans behind the js stand to the east.
    This will mean they don't have to steward the Jimmy south stand While the hotel is being built for those games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phil said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the club have phoned me regarding next year. I'm told they intend to close East Stand Blocks A & B next season in order to "improve the atmosphere". My seat is in one of those Blocks and as a result I'm being offered a ticket pretty much anywhere else in the ground for £300.

Anyone else had a call or aware of this?

Seems to me an acknowledgement of falling crowds and perhaps we can all huddle together in one block of the West Stand!

Of course, if Roly sells up then this is a decision the new owners can and no doubt will reverse!

They probably think they are selling you a bargain price ticket, but cause of their stupid price structure, anyone who was inclined to buy a season pass could buy one for a cheap price in those blocks, but move more central and saves themselves a ton plus.

If they had just done one price per stand in the first place, then you don't have that issue.

The "Improve the Atmosphere" has potential to be the new "Sweating the Asset"
  • Options

Chizz said:

Yes, you're right. I was looking at wrong info.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Closing those blocks would save approx. £100 a match in stewards

Let's hope no footballs are kicked into those blocks during a match and we have to wait for somebody to trundle over to retrieve them. I suppose they could always pay for a couple of people to sit in each block, that shouldn't be much more than £100 a match...
  • Options

Probably so that they can use them (or part of) them blocks for away fans that only sell 200 or so tickets. Think they can still use the away turnstiles but lead the fans behind the js stand to the east.
    This will mean they don't have to steward the Jimmy south stand for those games.

I don't know what the policing implications are but that was my first thought. Works for both sold out games and poorly attended games.

Either way, wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't looked in to that as a possibility.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    You're probably right Airman. Of course I wouldn't do that myself ;)
  • Options

It clearly makes no difference to the atmosphere whether there are 50 people there or zero. So what I suspect is that they have worked out there are far more season-ticket holders buying in that area than actually sitting there and this is a way of trying to force them to pay the next price up without accusing them of anything.

This. scuppers what I've been doing all season. :smile:
  • Options
    Sort of sticks one in the eye of the target20k group.