Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017-18 Season Tickets - East Stand Blocks Closing

Comments

• Options

I've been told that staff think the block closures are as bonkers as we do. The SMT is clueless.

For SMT read TK, KM and Roland? SMT implies some kind of discussion and common sense when making decisions. Not sure that is the case here.
  • Options
    Anybody that was at or saw pictures of St Truiden's "Away end" can see where this is going. Probably 75% of unused terracing covered in advertising.....
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Anybody that was at or saw pictures of St Truiden's "Away end" can see where this is going. Probably 75% of unused terracing covered in advertising.....

But who will want to taint themselves with this toxic brand?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    If my east stand ticket is £500 next season, it will require unprecedented drastic change for me to renew. I'm talking sale of the club, or at the very least a Powell style summer with 15 quality new players bought.

The chances of the second option happening under the current regime is slim to none.

Even then, £500 is probably too much money.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I googled 'Charlton stadium map' and this came up:

http://www.v12seasonticketfinance.com/shops/charltonathletic/products

Is it an old link? Or are these next seasons prices? (Apologies if this is obvious)

Looks like it.

£500 for my old East Stand seat.

So its gone up.
  • Options

Is it an old link? Or are these next seasons prices? (Apologies if this is obvious)

Looks like it.

So its gone up.
    I wondered if it was slightly inflated because these were finance prices? So the actual price remains 'frozen' at £450 or £475 or whatever it was for the last few years.

They must be insane to think people will renew at their old Championship prices.
  • Options
    I couldn't see the old age concessions on the link.
  • Options
    £500 for tier three, ridiculous.

But all they will do is highlight the cheaper tickets where most of us don't sit.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Not there, just have to trust they are still in place.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Assume they are under concessions.

Can still buy a 300 ticket in the east and walk over to an empty 500 seat.

Not that I'm buying until they go or sack Meire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They have moved from four/five price points in the same stand (which was madness) to three, which is more sensible, but the huge incentive to cheat remains.

For example, east stand block G is £300 - a seat across the aisle in F is £375 and one on E is £500. It is very hard to see how the difference in value with access to the same facilities can be £200.

Similarly, how can east block G or west block K sensibly be cheaper than the upper north and the NW quadrant? This doesn't even relate to away pricing as season ticket prices don't have to correspond to that.

Is there any other club that prices season-ticket seats behind a goal higher than those at the 18 yard line?

From looking at the link it looks like the Family Stand will now also be £175 which creates another huge incentive to cheat when you can access anywhere in the North Upper or the North West quadrant priced at £325.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Whoever is running this restaurant seems to think that slashing what you pay for basic ingredients and serving shit food is the way ahead, and now they're cordoning off some of the tables to make things look busier.

They're really got the hang of this "customer's always right" thing ...

Expect to see "Reserved" signs on the seats.
  • Options
    I think the decision to close Blocks A and B is a strong indication that they are not selling.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

I think the decision to close Blocks A and B is a strong indication that they are not selling.

Disagree. Just business as usual. Does not mean they are not looking/in the process of selling.
  • Options
    But it's not business as usual - it is a change. A decision that I don't think would be taken by people who are not planning on being here next season. Why would you take such a decision on behalf of someone else?
  • Options
    They have to make a decision. Business doesn't stop.
  • Options

Looks like it.

So its gone up.
    Gone up? What goes on in their heads?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Roland decides whether the club is for sale and if/when it will be sold.

NightMeire, Cahones and Venezuela Dave make these decisions. I doubt Roland even knows how much the season tickets are.
  • Options
    Venezuela?
    Enlighten me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looks like it.

So its gone up.

£500 for another season of poor quality League One (if we're lucky!) football. Wow

If I didn't know the people running the club were morons I'd think they were deliberately trying to destroy it.

• Options

They have moved from four/five price points in the same stand (which was madness) to three, which is more sensible, but the huge incentive to cheat remains.

For example, east stand block G is £300 - a seat across the aisle in F is £375 and one on E is £500. It is very hard to see how the difference in value with access to the same facilities can be £200.

Only makes any sense when the ground is fairly full. As it is now, it is daft unless they plan to spend the money they save on stewards by closing three blocks on using these people to stop fans moving to one of the many empty seats in more expensive adjoining blocks! With @realKatrienMeire running things, I wouldn't rule it out.
  • Options

If Airman's leaked information proves to be accurate and we have every reason to believe it will be, a £100 increase for me, representing 33%, is lunacy and would be unjustifiable even before we consider the loathsome regime. Whether or not these prices are still "lowish" compared to other League 1 sides is utterly irrelevant. Increasing prices for an ever degrading product is the work of an utter moron. How to alienate customers and lose revenues at a stroke.
    KM: "the club's at it's lowest level in living memory with the lowest crowds for 30 odd years, how can we protect revenues and retain custom? I know, we'll put prices up by a third that's a winner!"
    It's been a while but they have found another new low below hitherto uncharted depths of insanity.

Funny how they seem to have gone quiet on Target20K, unless the rules have been changed and they are now aiming for £20,000 in ticket sales per home game?
  • Options

Keep the pressure on the regime to sell , DO NOT RENEW. Another significant drop in sales will mean attendances will be more accurate to the announced figure and Roland will have to set the sale price of the cloob at a more realistic level.

If CARD call for a season ticket boycott I will not Renew if no call for a boycott I will renew
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Keep the pressure on the regime to sell , DO NOT RENEW. Another significant drop in sales will mean attendances will be more accurate to the announced figure and Roland will have to set the sale price of the cloob at a more realistic level.

If CARD call for a season ticket boycott I will not Renew if no call for a boycott I will renew
    Don't think that would be a good step for CARD, would go against support the team not the regieme stance
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

T.C.E said:

But who will want to taint themselves with this toxic brand?
    I remember thinking the same thing when we lost the previous shirt sponsor, they'll always find someone to do it. Funnily enough I don't remember reading how much this currant deal was was worth or how many shirts have been sold. Mind you, if the same person that counts the crowd was involved in the shirt sponsorship deal, I'm sure they'll tell us its a 10 year deal at 5 million a year and we've sold 2 more shirts than Real Madrid. ;)
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Baaaaaa