Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Lots of posturing still What would the great cardigan say
  • Thread title just caught me out in a case of reading what I want to. Thought for. A moment that it said, 'Deal Sealed '. There was almost an uproar on my train.
  • Stig said:

Thread title just caught me out in a case of reading what I want to. Thought for. A moment that it said, 'Deal Sealed '. There was almost an uproar on my train.

Either it's a bumpy train or you're writing in anagrams again.
  • Mate they will be with you soon as I can , be after the 18th though as we are banged out until then

Now back to the thread needs a title change again
  • Come on it's December - will this be the month?
  • I have been told the sale will definitely go through on a day ending in Y.

That's not good, they all end in EE.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

Those wanky mascots do my head in.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way Davo.

• Uboat said:

Because up to that point they thought it was a real bird.

Oh no, I thought it was real. The next thing you'll say is there's no Father Christmas.

• Davo55 said:

Those wanky mascots do my head in.

Can’t wait for Stavros the Kangaroo

The worst thing about the new bird costume is the fact that when it waves, you can see the persons actual hands waving rather than it being the wings that flap (as per the original) - Does rather give the game away for any kids that are on the ball
    The next thing you'll say is there's no Father Christmas.
  • MarcusH26 said:

So we are looking at an Aussie/Greek consortium with Andrew Muir involved somewhere?

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

You really have messed up with the quoting there Red!!

Not my best effort but I got there in the end. I might think and act like a 25 year old but don't forget you have to cut me some senior citizen's slack :wink:
    You look good for your age Mr Chaser.
    Much appreciated Elfs, I might have to buy you that beer you've been after all this time when our paths next cross :wink:
    "We'll meet again, don't know"....
    F@ck @RedChaser ‘s luck if he has to meet you again.
    I'm not your friend anymore Otto, that was nasty and hurtful.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

You really have messed up with the quoting there Red!!

Not my best effort but I got there in the end. I might think and act like a 25 year old but don't forget you have to cut me some senior citizen's slack :wink:
    You look good for your age Mr Chaser.
    Much appreciated Elfs, I might have to buy you that beer you've been after all this time when our paths next cross :wink:
    I have a funny feeling now yiu have said that you might see him very soon
    Everybody has their price.

A bit like me, mine is not high.
  • Lots of posturing still What would the great cardigan say

Visit the museum
    WIOTOS
  • Mate they will be with you soon as I can , be after the 18th though as we are banged out until then

Could I ask you, what to?

• White Rabbits!
    Has the nasty man gone now?
  • Sponsored links:

Cheers, D
  • I was hoping to see 150 unread posts and a change of thread name, but I'll take that.
  • edited December 2017
    SO?

Who are our new owners?
  • PaddyP17 said:

167 pages of bullshit.

If someone actually knows something, then tell us, if not then cut all the I spy bullshit.

Okay, I'll give it a go. I'm really sorry if the ensuing language frustrates you, but I can't risk divulging my source at all.

It is clear things are coming to a head. This thread will probably fall by the wayside in the next week or two - hopefully because RD sells up. Otherwise, it'd be because there was no deal.

Gut instinct - and this is both my gut instinct, and my source's - is that we'll see a change of ownership shortly. My confidant reckons that's more likely than things ballsing up again ("reports of deal stalled p143") --(said confidant, by the way, told me that the deal was "un-stalled" several hours before Airman got that info, but asked me not to say anything until it had leaked elsewhere).

I mean, this is all relatively vague language, sure, and take what I say with as much or as little a pinch of salt as you like, but I trust the person in question who has basically gone out on a bit of a limb as a favour to me cos they know how much I love Charlton!

Heres to hoping Paddy! As mentioned before, I would love this done by the 9th..be a party Atmosphere all day!!
  • SO?

Who are our new owners?

Put your house on the Aussies...

To win the Ashes, obviously.
    Bastard ;0)

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!