Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The revolution will not be televised.

Well not immediately anyway.
  • Whether he puts out a big ‘for sale’ statement or not, the club clearly is and it’s a matter of time till he’s gone. We’ve waited this long I can wait a bit longer.

That’ll do me, it’s a matter of time.
  • Whether he puts out a big ‘for sale’ statement or not, the club clearly is and it’s a matter of time till he’s gone. We’ve waited this long I can wait a bit longer.

That’ll do me, it’s a matter of time.
  • JamesSeed said:

It would be amazing to have a takeover announcement by the 9th.

I reckon that would ensure a near full house at the Valley for the game against Portsmouth don’t you?
    You would hope so.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

It would be amazing to have a takeover announcement by the 9th.

I reckon that would ensure a near full house at the Valley for the game against Portsmouth don’t you?
    You would hope so.
    That’d be a laugh, all of a sudden the several hundred Pompey fans expecting a takeover (of the ground) will be surrounded. Plus these idiots mismanagement of it will look even worse.

• “It was an interesting experience and I learned a lot about how social media have an impact on the psychology of masses and how they can influence decisions which affect many people.”

As said by many the moment he walked in the door. This was just some f****d up experiment.

Fella should be tried imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Am I the only one who is thinking of the Fererro Roche ad?

Ah monsewer with these dribblings of insanity you are really spoiling us.

Oh yes, it probably is.
  • Rothko said:

Roland Duchâtelet, the controversial owner of Charlton Athletic, has put the club up for sale and admitted that he should not have invested in football.

The Belgian bought Charlton nearly four years ago when they were in the Championship but has faced strong protests from supporters in recent seasons over the way that he has run the club, who are now in League One.

CARD (Coalition Against Roland Duchâtelet), a supporters’ group, have put pressure on him to either invest or sell his stake in the club. Stunts have included a mock funeral being held before kick-off, beach balls being thrown on the pitch and a pitch invasion.

Until now, Duchâtelet,71, had been adamant that he would not sell Charlton.

“I have not decided anything, I am open to possible offers, I will take the time to think, but contrary to popular belief I have not made any money from football, this rarely happens for investors, those who say otherwise are wrong,” Duchâtelet said.

Duchâtelet has controlled clubs in Germany, Spain and Hungary. He was forced to sell Standard Liège, the Belgian club, in 2015 when repeated fan protests turned aggressive. There were clashes with police near the stadium, a group of fans broke into Duchâtelet’s office and others stormed an event for sponsors, who had to ask the media to help them to safety.

Liège fans had similar grievances to Charlton’s, including the lack of reinvestment from the sale of their best players, such as Axel Witsel, and the sacking of favoured managers.

Duchâtelet sold Saint-Trond, the Belgian club, last month.

“It’s not that I’m fed up, I have other activities and my age,” he said. “Actually, I wanted to leave football after the sale of the Standard Liège. Football is an exciting world, but very complex: there is a lot of underground influences, we decide a lot about emotions, we make and break your image on the basis of rumours, social networks create real background slides that are difficult to answer.

“It was an interesting experience and I learned a lot about how social media have an impact on the psychology of masses and how they can influence decisions which affect many people.”

Are those quotes not about selling STTV? Im sure I have read them before
  • Doesn't actually bring anything new to the table than what is already known, other than through those quotes showing just how pathetic he is and how he still has no idea about us / football support.

Sorry mate. What is actually known? It's been all trajectories and maybe's up until now.
    First bit of frontline media I've seen that says he wants out.
    Pretty significant I'd say.
  • cfgs said:

So he’s basically claiming the reason he’s failed is because of fans on social media. We know that’s bollocks but it’s great because it means we really got under his wrinkly old skin.

He has to argue it’s a malign conspiracy because otherwise he has to admit his own failings. And as Meire says, any suggestion of that is “disrespectful”.
    He has been brought down by an airman, a fanny and a young lad in monochrome.
    He has been brought down by the bottom line.
  • I don't want to piss on anyones 14 chips but could this just be an attempt to entice others in for a bidding war ?
  • Sponsored links:

• This excitement has led to me buying a ticket for next Saturday. Let's fill The Valley to show what could be / hopefully will be under a better owner and CEO. I don't care where they are from as long as they know how to run a football club.
  • Doesn't actually bring anything new to the table than what is already known, other than through those quotes showing just how pathetic he is and how he still has no idea about us / football support.

It's evidence that he is looking to sell. While plenty on here believe it, many outside don't. This might convince a few more.
  • edited December 2017
    JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

So he’s basically claiming the reason he’s failed is because of fans on social media. We know that’s bollocks but it’s great because it means we really got under his wrinkly old skin.

He has to argue it’s a malign conspiracy because otherwise he has to admit his own failings. And as Meire says, any suggestion of that is “disrespectful”.
    He has been brought down by an airman, a fanny and a young lad in monochrome.
    He has been brought down by the bottom line.
    Not in his mind the fact that he has been a complete failure and insulted his customers isn't the reason he has failed, it is the lies and agenda of a few activists. I really think he believes that as well the mad old goat.
  • Roland sounds like a Brexiter, if Andy from Dartford wasn't talking the club down on Twitter it'll all be fine.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!