Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It's gonna be a HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!
  • PaddyP17 said:

167 pages of bullshit.

If someone actually knows something, then tell us, if not then cut all the I spy bullshit.

Okay, I'll give it a go. I'm really sorry if the ensuing language frustrates you, but I can't risk divulging my source at all.

It is clear things are coming to a head. This thread will probably fall by the wayside in the next week or two - hopefully because RD sells up. Otherwise, it'd be because there was no deal.

Gut instinct - and this is both my gut instinct, and my source's - is that we'll see a change of ownership shortly. My confidant reckons that's more likely than things ballsing up again ("reports of deal stalled p143") --(said confidant, by the way, told me that the deal was "un-stalled" several hours before Airman got that info, but asked me not to say anything until it had leaked elsewhere).

I mean, this is all relatively vague language, sure, and take what I say with as much or as little a pinch of salt as you like, but I trust the person in question who has basically gone out on a bit of a limb as a favour to me cos they know how much I love Charlton!
    Thanks, @PaddyP17 - agree with you.

I did have the info earlier but didn’t bring it here until it surfaced elsewhere as I didn’t think a stop-go narrative on top of the existing would be good for people’s nerves...
    Should've written before Airman *shared that info, hah.

Yep - one of those bits of info where we were probably all waiting to see who leaked first!
  • In my world nothing is happening until the thread title has changed. 1905 is currently as "deal stalled"
  • JamesSeed said:

It would be amazing to have a takeover announcement by the 9th.

Wouldnt be surprised if its deliberately held till the week after - The event on the 9th does seem like a last attempt to piss us off
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

If the takeover happens this side of Xmas, then the Aussies can have the RL World Cup and Ashes thrown in as part of the Deal

Yes even I'd sign up for that!!!!!!!!
    (Can't believe I just said that)
  • LouisMend said:

https://t.co/wNd99ASZuW report from the Times that Roland is ready to sell

I would imagine you have to register to read and it will contain zero quotes.
  • edited December 2017

• LouisMend said:

I would imagine you have to register to read and it will contain zero quotes.
    There’s some quotes from the big man himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    LouisMend said:

• senility setting in, said the same thing now in less than five minutes
  • Still pretty disingenuous of the old git. Makes it sound like he has just come round to the idea. When was it that the club was first started to be touted around ?

The whole regime are pathological liars.

at least a year ago

• JamesSeed said:

It would be amazing to have a takeover announcement by the 9th.

You mean the Glikstens are not coming back?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!