Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The influence of the EU on Britain.

Comments

• Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chippy, how does our removal from participation in Euratom, benefit the UK?

You tell me you have all the answers.
    For the purposes of this discussion, let's pretend I don't. Can you then tell me what benefit we will see from not being part of Euratom, if Brexit were to go ahead?
    As we have the top scientists at the top table ...good enough for you...you should know you voted against it...didn't you...or are you NOW admitting you did not know what you voted for.,,, private me the answer if you are embarrassed...
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

For the purposes of this discussion, let's pretend I don't. Can you then tell me what benefit we will see from not being part of Euratom, if Brexit were to go ahead?
    As we have the top scientists at the top table ...good enough for you...you should know you voted against it...didn't you...or are you NOW admitting you did not know what you voted for.,,, private me the answer if you are embarrassed...
    Chippy, have another go at answering the question. Because "as we have the top scientists at the top table" makes no sense and doesn't answer the question.

Here it is again, for you: What benefit will we see from not being part of Euratom?
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chippy, have another go at answering the question. Because "as we have the top scientists at the top table" makes no sense and doesn't answer the question.

Here it is again, for you: What benefit will we see from not being part of Euratom?
    No...you loonies said we would suffer if we left the EU.....I have asked YOU for evidence...it doesn't work the other way...hence on a greater scale thats why we are no further forward.
  • I asked the question first...are you my wife
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

No...you loonies said we would suffer if we left the EU.....I have asked YOU for evidence...it doesn't work the other way...hence on a greater scale thats why we are no further forward.
    You've seen the evidence and the benefit. You've seen the risk of leaving. So I am giving you an open-goal opportunity to demonstrate, with clarity, what benefit we will have from leaving Euratom.

It's perfectly ok to say "on reflection, there is no benefit", if you think there is no benefit. But surely you do. So, what is it?
  • Go back and read. I am in a defensive position..your lot clearly stated we would be fucked I have asked how...and yet YOU cant answer. Dont try and 180 it....you cant is google down...
  • bobmunro said:

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway."

yes you would know
  • bobmunro said:

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway."

You still live 250 miles from Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

Please. It’s not hard euratom !!!!!!

You tell me you clearly knew what you were voting for......your lot seem to be back footed...…..as there is at least one subject their not experts on.....links and cut and paste exempt of course
    I definitely didn't know all the intricacies of the EU, but I did know all about bendy bananas.

When seeking answers, I didn't like what I then found out, such as a betrayal of the GFA. Any problems weren't answered by the Leave groups but framed as project fear and for me that wasn't good enough.

Here we are two years on and the government is still not sure what Brexit it's after, the brexiters have quit and Dominic Raab telling us we will have adequate food while the army is on stand by and the world's 6th richest country is busy stockpiling food and medicine
  • edited July 2018

Please. It’s not hard euratom !!!!!!

You tell me you clearly knew what you were voting for......your lot seem to be back footed...…..as there is at least one subject their not experts on.....links and cut and paste exempt of course
    I voted to remain a member of the EU. I was not aware of all of the hundreds of agencies that being a member tied us too nor the problems that would be encountered should we leave. I was however aware that there were organisations and because the opinions of others that it would be better to remain within them.

When I don’t have enough information to formulate a balanced view on a subject I tend to lean towards listening to those that do have that information and take on board their views. These people are often called experts. Next time something you havn’t got much of a clue about rears it’s head I recommend you give experts a go.

LOL this is better than your handshake....do you bet...do you ring the horse owner up and ask his view..it changes daily with you lot....you have continually voiced an opinion every day on things you dont know about...finance, do you ring the bank of England...letting you off lightly now.

But you have clearly stated for the last two years...haven't you ..that we shuld...one thing I despise is double standards..and lack of knowledge of course and you and everyone except three people (included you cordy this time) excel at it.
    When I don’t know about for example finance (your example) I seek advice. I read, I ask people who I think might be able to help and ifs it’s a big enough issue I would talk to the bank. That’s what normal people do. I doubt any ring The Bank of England. Most people would know that the sort of advice they needed The BoE wouldn’t provide. The people that don’t seek out sound advice, the sort of advice that comes from experts in their field will be the ones who have the best chance of crashing and burning.

I assume that your assertions that it’s a double standard to suggest you brexiters didn’t know what you were voting for and yet I wasn’t aware of the hundreds of agencies the UK was affiliated to via its EU membership.

I can guarantee you that the Minister for Brexit both past and present and even The Prime Minister are not aware even today of all of these agencies.

The membership of the EU and the task of dis entangling the UK from the years of membership is so complex that even after two years our government still doesn’t know how to start the process.

Experts from all aspects of day to day life warned that leaving the EU would be difficult if not impossible and would ultimately prove to be a disaster. They are still saying it. Day after day after day.

My view is that listening to the overwhelming body of expert opinion on a subject that I couldn’t possibly hope or be expected to understand is the best thing to do.

I look forward to your one line glib, meaningless answer.

• What I like about Chippy's new approach, the one that says you voted remain therefore you must know what you voted for, is that at long last the challenge to leavers to prove they themselves knew what they were voting for is finally getting under his skin, hence his imitative challenges right back.
    The next phase might be when Chippy admits that leave actually won, and remainers don't have to justify or prove anything with regard to what they voted for or against.
    We are quite a few steps away from Chippy coming up with a solution to the Irish Border problem though.
  • seth plum said:

What I like about Chippy's new approach, the one that says you voted remain therefore you must know what you voted for, is that at long last the challenge to leavers to prove they themselves knew what they were voting for is finally getting under his skin, hence his imitative challenges right back.
    The next phase might be when Chippy admits that leave actually won, and remainers don't have to justify or prove anything with regard to what they voted for or against.
    We are quite a few steps away from Chippy coming up with a solution to the Irish Border problem though.

its not new just thought I gave you lot chances to make fools of yourselves,,, you haven't disappointed and you wont further still...some of you need to get of your fat arses and make a contribution...most of you haven't got a bloody clue about anything. Sad really how many of you actually go and watch Charlton...not many...
  • seth plum said:

What I like about Chippy's new approach, the one that says you voted remain therefore you must know what you voted for, is that at long last the challenge to leavers to prove they themselves knew what they were voting for is finally getting under his skin, hence his imitative challenges right back.

It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
  • bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
    Agreed
  • Get off our fat arses and make a contribution.
    That is the kind of challenge I like.
    I will start, I have always paid my taxes in full, and have 44 years of National Insurance payments behind me, is that the kind of contribution you mean?
  • And my original question is...what do you know about you know what without googling....No answer
  • Sponsored links:

• And my original question is...what do you know about you know what without googling....No answer

And again in English please.

Ditto please
  • seth plum said:

Get off our fat arses and make a contribution.
    I will start, I have always paid my taxes in full, and have 44 years of National Insurance payments behind me, is that the kind of contribution you mean?

No,,, your tax you pay this week gets paid next week there is not pot with your name on.
  • Now for me first drink x
  • Chippy. Are you out on the piss ?

Not yet... But posting links without foundation particularly euro atom when i have a great inkling that nobody here had heard off or has any idea what it does.. Further to that last week on lbc, the chief security advisor to the government who isn't politically affiliated says we deport 8 people under the European arrest warrant and our security watch to every 1 yes 1....who comes the other way... Perhaps i have been too quiet for too long...
    Seriously mate your posts are getting more bizarre and irrelevant by the day.

They are actually a brilliant artistic representation of Brexit.
    You work for deutsche bank, can't commit either way.. One foot in both camps.. Coward.
    Why a coward, Chippy? Be very interested to know. Don't know what you are taking about Deutsche bank but do keep up the good work here - it gives a great insight.

Not yet... But posting links without foundation particularly euro atom when i have a great inkling that nobody here had heard off or has any idea what it does.. Further to that last week on lbc, the chief security advisor to the government who isn't politically affiliated says we deport 8 people under the European arrest warrant and our security watch to every 1 yes 1....who comes the other way... Perhaps i have been too quiet for too long...

You work for deutsche bank, can't commit either way.. One foot in both camps.. Coward.
    Why a coward, Chippy? Be very interested to know. Don't know what you are taking about Deutsche bank but do keep up the good work here - it gives a great insight.
    Cos they have no bollocks, you are either in or out...they are using the UK like you would a spare horse in the national. Or Lewis Hamilton.s spare cars...both My Mrs and myself closed our accounts with that bank this afternoon...this evening we have an email from them why....I will answer tomorrow.
    Good for you Chips. Bloody French.

Cos they have no bollocks, you are either in or out...they are using the UK like you would a spare horse in the national. Or Lewis Hamilton.s spare cars...both My Mrs and myself closed our accounts with that bank this afternoon...this evening we have an email from them why....I will answer tomorrow.
    But how do I work for them and why am I a coward? Not being funny, just interested in why you think that.
  • seth plum said:

No,,, your tax you pay this week gets paid next week there is not pot with your name on.
    So my paying my taxes is not a contribution then, OK, lets see what else my fat arse contributed, how about unpaid extra work that after all that time adds up to well over a year? (you need to take my word on this).
  • seth plum said:

seth plum said:

So my paying my taxes is not a contribution then, OK, lets see what else my fat arse contributed, how about unpaid extra work that after all that time adds up to well over a year? (you need to take my word on this).
    So paying tax is not a contribution. I'll have to see if I can get a rebate.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!