Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Great result , good to see Amos playing so well , had my doubts early in the season . Safe journey home to the diehards .
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Good win, could easily have been a draw but for a great defensive performance. I've been a critic but Amos was really solid towards the end.

Robinson last off the pitch?
  • Options
    Great win, there is no way we would have picked up 11 points from the run of our last 5 matches last season (4 away and 1 home) so credit to Karl and all the playing/coaching staff.

Keep this form going and throw in a takeover next week and I'll start dreaming of promotion.

Safe journey home traveling Addicks.
  • Options
    Something tells me I’m into something good!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Well done the lads, well done Robbo.

A team and manager with ambition, Roland will be hating this.

Will be sacked tomorrow in that case! Ha

Great result, predicted a draw as thought it would be a close game. Looking forward to seeing these 2 amazing saves from Amos.
  • Options
    Watched on a stream , although fell asleep at ht and missed the first 20 minutes of second half .
    Amos is completely different to the flapping version from early on in the season , outstanding .
    Sarr comfortable and much improved but was that him who ducked late on and let them in.
    Just a great composed all round team performance.
    As stig I think said, a win with the whiff of Roly selling feels better than if the stale old twat is staying put .

Well done to the travelling faithful , enjoy the journey home .

15% Automatic promotion ........ 55% Play offs ........... 30% 7th-12th ....... 0% 13th-20th ...... 0% Relegation

100% Roland Out (come on perleeeeeease)
  • Options

Very strong showing from us as the away team at a good side. We've been more fluid in attack but the conditions did not help, and we probably got a slice of luck with the goal. However, in defence we were excellent with a only a couple of half chances conceded until Amos made one fantastic save he maybe didn't know everything about, and one flat out incredible save that he most definitely knew everything about, as well as making a few important punches/catches.

Kashi and JFC continued to show why they are probably the best pair of centre mids in this division and Sarr showed himself a genuine option at left back. Solly was back to his usually very solid self and Konsa and Bauer looked masters of their own destiny throughout.

All worked hard and the team spirit was high and clear to see. Great stuff and the kind of result promotions are made of...

Watched on iFollow: can't add to this as a summary of the game. Watched Tuesday as well, and the difference today was that we seemed to consciously play with more patience. Against Oxford we looked like we wanted to rip them to pieces, which was great to watch but if you don't then convert all the chances, you see what happens.

This was a highly professional performance, probably the most SCP like I have seen since, well SCP days. And that's two games where I actively wanted to take time out and pay to watch them. A long time since I felt like that. Got to acknowledge Robinson for that. He's done a very good job.

And don't forget what Sir Lennie said. "By October, the die is cast..."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I was there, nice local away day for me.

I thought we controlled large parts of the game and occasionally let Bradford back into it but not for long.

Could've / should've been 3-0 if Magennis had put his chances away.

Forster-Caskey is our most underrated player and is a sneaky bet for player of the season for me. A well deserved goal for him that came from a brilliant cross from Solly who did well to even make it to the ball.

Only criticism would be we were a bit slow to push up and press when clearing a Bradford attack.

It's a new dawn... Almost.

COYR.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

My stream was a bit behind (you can pause it, you know) due to the dog getting an upset stomach

Absolutely over the moon.

Shitzu?

• Options
    so what back four do we start with when everyone’s fully fit?
  • Options

maybe its a back 3?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    5th visit to Bradford inc trip to Odsal in the 80's. Celebrated that goal like a man possessed.
    A pivotal win and great support again. Get yourselves down the Valley next weekend.
  • Options

Solly, Pearce, Konsa, Dasilva
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Some observations from the stream.
    I thought Bradford were attempting a world record for playing the ball into touch from unforced errors.
    We are in a new era of what constitutes a correct throw in.
    Naby Sarr seems to have two styles of throw in, a long throw, or a foul throw (which referees seem to allow these days).
    Is it me or are we in an era of throw ins that would never have been tolerated in the Woolwich and District league?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After 14 games, SCP's title winning team of 11/12 had W9, D4 and L1. Points 31.

KR's team currently stands at W8, D 3, L3. Points 27.

So only 4 points behind the team that eventually broke the 100 barrier. Which at this stage of the season is really neither here nor there.

Mind you, SCP's team won its next 5 games. No pressure then, Karl!
  • Options

SDAddick said:

My stream was a bit behind (you can pause it, you know) due to the dog getting an upset stomach

Absolutely over the moon.

Shitzu?

If all it has in it is one sick dog then I would say it probably is.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    What a little gem of a player he has turned out to be

JFC
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm the lyrics for the latest Charlton song by Herman Hermits - I'm into something good?
    Us old un's are trying to muster a singsong on the coach.
  • Options
    robroy said:

JFC

He has indeed.

Er, remind me who we're talking about?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

robroy said:

JFC

He has indeed.

The JFC hints at Forster-caskey.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

JamesSeed said:

robroy said:

JFC

He has indeed.

The JFC hints at Forster-caskey.
    I'm enjoying this celebratory Chilean Carmenere rather too much, clearly. Buzzing, and wasn't even there. I was in a muddy field.