Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Great to hear all the positivity, especially from those who went. Let's hope we can keep going and coincide with completion of a takeover deal. It would be fantastic to get promoted under new owners the same season they arrive. The feel-good factor could be a huge boost with a thousand or two thousand returning fans. We need to ensure we beat some of the weaker sides when their turn comes...

Not just beating them, but get a second striker in and start stuffing them.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Can anyone confirm the lyrics for the latest Charlton song by Herman Hermits - I'm into something good?
    Us old un's are trying to muster a singsong on the coach.

I think it's....

Woke up this morning feeling fine,
    I've got charlton on my mind,
    Robinsons has got us playing, like we really should... oh yeah....
    Something tells me, We're onto something good!
    Please no!! It's so irritating purely because it's a Man Utd song! For everyone's sanity just leave it alone where it belongs.
  • Options

redman said:

Said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again, our first 11 is good enough to win this league.

Couple of injuries could cost us big time but here's hoping our new owners bring in a couple of reinforcements in January.

I do reckon Wigan will win the league but I don't see Shrewsbury staying in the top 2.

How can you say that? we were totally outclassed by Wigan. 3-0 at home. Haven't seem Shrewsbury but they haven't lost in 15 games so cant be bad ....
    And Shrewsbury beat Wigan! The way they're going, we certainly can't afford a defeat at Shrewsbury in a few weeks. Gap is already 10 points, so we definitely don't want it getting any bigger.
    Game will probably be called off as its International week... With Konsa getting game time for us Id be surprised if he doesnt get called up again
  • Options
    Forster-Caskey baby!
    Forster-Caskey whoooaahh!
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMikwqptFA0&t=199

Unusual perspective on the game from very young Bradford fans - shows Amos's late save.

Not the worst video I've seen... Dont know what they mean by goal not standing because the ball went out of play?
  • Options

Unusual perspective on the game from very young Bradford fans - shows Amos's late save.

Not the worst video I've seen... Dont know what they mean by goal not standing because the ball went out of play?
    They are just wrong on that.
  • Options

Great to hear all the positivity, especially from those who went. Let's hope we can keep going and coincide with completion of a takeover deal. It would be fantastic to get promoted under new owners the same season they arrive. The feel-good factor could be a huge boost with a thousand or two thousand returning fans. We need to ensure we beat some of the weaker sides when their turn comes...

I don’t think Robinson is going to start playing two strikers. But cover is vital.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah the Bradford fans appeared to go mental when we were awarded the throw in but from my view the ball clearly went over the line

(Unless thats what they mean)
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I don’t think Robinson is going to start playing two strikers. But cover is vital.
    Agreed... Its not been working for Magennis and he does need a rest yet we know he's not going to be subbed
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Mccall comments after game...
    "Charlton are a really good side and they'll be up there come the end of the season, there's no doubt about that; (Ricky) Holmes was a threat all afternoon."
  • Options

She's too young to be taking it so seriously.
    And nice to see Proudly Millwall taking an interest.
  • Options
    funny isn't it, there are some football clubs that you just like, for me Fleetwood and Bradford are two of them
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    https://youtu.be/LModOz0J2Jc

Amos' 2 great saves are around 10mins 40.
    The lad filming misses our goal but good video. Shows how much pressure we soaked up.
    20,066 in attendance.
  • Options
    I went (have been staying in Barnsley so didn't have quite so far to travel!) and it was a fantastic performance. Amazed to see Sarr playing so well, thought Kashi immense too. Looks like KR has built up a team of real character - well done to him. You can tell we're a bit short up front, though - hopefully we'll have new owners and a judicious bit of investment soon...

Unbelievable downpour after - took shelter in a bar on the way to Forster Square station, left 90 minutes later and the rain had got worse, and my train to Leeds had water seeping into it! A day to remember...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I went (have been staying in Barnsley so didn't have quite so far to travel!) and it was a fantastic performance. Amazed to see Sarr playing so well, thought Kashi immense too. Looks like KR has built up a team of real character - well done to him. You can tell we're a bit short up front, though - hopefully we'll have new owners and a judicious bit of investment soon...

Unbelievable downpour after - took shelter in a bar on the way to Forster Square station, left 90 minutes later and the rain had got worse, and my train to Leeds had water seeping into it! A day to remember...

Wrong thread for leaks ;0)

• Options
    edited October 2017

https://youtu.be/LModOz0J2Jc

Amos' 2 great saves are around 10mins 40.
    He misses our goal but good video. Shows how much pressure we soaked up.
    20,066 in attendance.

A Keily like save. Great reactions but if he had come for the cross as he should have done, there would be no danger.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Great win and much needed to stay in touch with the runaway leading 2. Wigan being up there i guess was expected, but Shrewsbury are really starting to get on my tits!

You can only hope Shrewsbury have a thinner squad than ours?
    Have they played the top teams yet? Will have to take a look.

Great win by all accounts.

Haven't we won the three matches that Sarr has started, with only one goal conceded? He's earned a starting slot now for sure, whichever position he plays.

Up The Addicks!
    Providing that's 'any position out of centre-back and left back', I'm OK with it.
  • Options
    We seem to be growing into a tough team to beat, one of the reasons i believe, is that we have the likes of Amos,Sarr,Fosu and Kashi all maturing at the same time in different areas of the park, all players that we had doubts about at the beginning of the season (maybe Kashi excepted), and all players that have not been involved with the negativity of the last few seasons (Sarr and Kashi have effectively been away from the club).
    This has rubbed off on the others and now created an atmosphere of positivity which , as they say, means that winning becomes a habit.

Lets hope it keeps on.

You watch, they'll go and lose the next few now.!
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Great win and much needed to stay in touch with the runaway leading 2. Wigan being up there i guess was expected, but Shrewsbury are really starting to get on my tits!

You can only hope Shrewsbury have a thinner squad than ours?
    Have they played the top teams yet? Will have to take a look.

Great win by all accounts.

Haven't we won the three matches that Sarr has started, with only one goal conceded? He's earned a starting slot now for sure, whichever position he plays.

Up The Addicks!
    Providing that's 'any position out of centre-back and left back', I'm OK with it.
    I'm pleased he's improved. He's still behind Bauer, Pearce, Konsa and JDS for me
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Sarr is better than Pearce in every physical and technical aspect - experience is all Pearce has over him. A potential Premiership player versus a good League One pro. I'd play Sarr every time, unless he starts showing signs of mental weakness

This.
    Sarr adds so much more to the equation than Pearce.
  • Options

Was hard to be sure from the camera angle, but it looked distinctly like Holmes dribbled the ball out of play just before we win the throw in which led to JFC's goal. That is what they are referring to but the decision was long gone and no way the goal was being disallowed to call it back for that.

I think it probably did go out of play and the Bradford bench who were right by it were pretty angry just at us ending up getting a throw, let alone it leading straight to a goal.

Possibly a slice of luck for us but I'd say we earnt that luck.