Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    "Highlights of the Sky Bet League Two match between Bradford and Charlton."

FFS who can we blame this on?
  • Options

Special mention to the Charlton fans who , did as I thought , when the ball went in to the fairly empty lower tier near them at the end . They shuffled around pretending to look for it and stalled the game for a little bit but the Bradford keeper was wise to it and jumped in to the stand to get the ball .

Weren't they mooning him?
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Can anyone confirm the lyrics for the latest Charlton song by Herman Hermits - I'm into something good?
    Us old un's are trying to muster a singsong on the coach.

I think it's....

Woke up this morning feeling fine,
    I've got charlton on my mind,
    Robinsons has got us playing, like we really should... oh yeah....
    Something tells me, We're onto something good!
    Thank you ozaddick. I'll sing it to my Mrs when I get indoors.

• Options

Can anyone confirm the lyrics for the latest Charlton song by Herman Hermits - I'm into something good?

I've actually got the original 45 for that...woke up this morning feeling fine,...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great performance, the sort of performance you need to have if you are to be successful. Only time will tell.

Not our normal fluid stuff. But defended well against a resolute and strong team who won't get beat often at home and as many have said have scored often this season.

Everyone worked hard and especially last ten put their bodies on the line. Great away support.

Back in Essex albeit still not fully dry.

Ps if anyone has a spare stub from the game and doesn't keep them, I'd happily pay postage for you to send it to me, as I lost mine to the wind and I always like to keep them.
  • Options

I've actually got the original 45 for that...woke up this morning feeling fine,...
    From what I heard on the stream, that was a Bradford song. Have we nicked it?
  • Options
    @AddickUpNorth It was noticeable that all the players joined in the goal celebration.

@JamesSeed The worse for wear. Me too x
  • Options

Said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again, our first 11 is good enough to win this league.

Couple of injuries could cost us big time but here's hoping our new owners bring in a couple of reinforcements in January.

I do reckon Wigan will win the league but I don't see Shrewsbury staying in the top 2.

How can you say that? we were totally outclassed by Wigan. 3-0 at home. Haven't seem Shrewsbury but they haven't lost in 15 games so cant be bad ....
  • Options
    redman said:

Said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again, our first 11 is good enough to win this league.

Couple of injuries could cost us big time but here's hoping our new owners bring in a couple of reinforcements in January.

I do reckon Wigan will win the league but I don't see Shrewsbury staying in the top 2.

How can you say that? we were totally outclassed by Wigan. 3-0 at home. Haven't seem Shrewsbury but they haven't lost in 15 games so cant be bad ....
    I think we were particularly bad that evening and were setup wrong. They knew exactly how to play against us but on a good day for us I think we could match them.

But, I think they'll win it as our 11 players can't be expected to be 10/10 every single game.
  • Options

From what I heard on the stream, that was a Bradford song. Have we nicked it?
    not sure originally but was being sung at Oxford
  • Options

Watched on a stream , although fell asleep at ht and missed the first 20 minutes of second half .
    Amos is completely different to the flapping version from early on in the season , outstanding .
    Sarr comfortable and much improved but was that him who ducked late on and let them in.
    Just a great composed all round team performance.
    As stig I think said, a win with the whiff of Roly selling feels better than if the stale old twat is staying put .

Well done to the travelling faithful , enjoy the journey home .

15% Automatic promotion ........ 55% Play offs ........... 30% 7th-12th ....... 0% 13th-20th ...... 0% Relegation

100% Roland Out (come on perleeeeeease)

Blimey you used to be pessimistic. What have you been on?
    5% Automatic promotion ........ 60% Play offs ........... 30% 7th-12th ....... 5% 13th-20th ...... 0% Relegation
  • Options
    In an airport terminal changing planes, great to get another 3 points and at a promotion rival (Bradford are certainly playoff contenders)

Just a thought, but with Sarr looking so good at LB, why did we use Jacko as LB cover earlier this season? I guess Robinson has been won over by Sarr
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A mixture of time difference and a heavy night in Colombia meant I woke up way after the match had finished, but what a win to wake up to! Fantastic result. Cannot wait to see the boys play live in a couple of weeks. Have to say fair play to robbo, he has received a lot of criticism since he started, a fair bit of it deserved but he's really won me round. Well done to you Karl, seems like you COULD be on to something special! COYR
  • Options
    Just want to say how much I loved Nabby's first half last man slide tackle where it looked like he dispossessed their winger with his bum.

Literally putting his arse on the line.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Good win, could easily have been a draw but for a great defensive performance. I've been a critic but Amos was really solid towards the end.

Robinson last off the pitch?
    But first on the mic I'm sure!
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

I think it's....

Woke up this morning feeling fine,
    I've got charlton on my mind,
    Robinsons has got us playing, like we really should... oh yeah....
    Something tells me, We're onto something good!
    Close!
  • Options
    redman said:

And Shrewsbury beat Wigan! The way they're going, we certainly can't afford a defeat at Shrewsbury in a few weeks. Gap is already 10 points, so we definitely don't want it getting any bigger.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

@AddickUpNorth It was noticeable that all the players joined in the goal celebration.

@JamesSeed The worse for wear. Me too x

And also one of those nano-second moments of thinking when the ball hit the back of the net the next picture is going to be showing the linesman with his flag up for offside.Phew.

Also it seemed the whole team went to congratulate Amos after his double saves.

i couldnt give the player playing on right wing first half and left wing second half any marks coz the cameraman didnt show them.
  • Options
    Great to hear all the positivity, especially from those who went. Let's hope we can keep going and coincide with completion of a takeover deal. It would be fantastic to get promoted under new owners the same season they arrive. The feel-good factor could be a huge boost with a thousand or two thousand returning fans. We need to ensure we beat some of the weaker sides when their turn comes...