Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    Looks like inflation will continue to rise both here and across the pond. Bitcoin remains the best hedge against this. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Anyone on shiba inu ?
    Yeah wish I brought more now! 
    Same here, got a couple of hundred quids worth on Monday, was up to just under £400 by yesterday evening.
    I saw someone purchased 8k of SHIB last year and it's now worth 5.7 billion. Shame he's got absolutely no chance of selling it all without completely tanking the price or probably even getting people to pick it up.

He should open a short then flog as much as he can. Win win!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    buckshee said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Anyone on shiba inu ?
    Same here, got a couple of hundred quids worth on Monday, was up to just under £400 by yesterday evening.
    I saw someone purchased 8k of SHIB last year and it's now worth 5.7 billion. Shame he's got absolutely no chance of selling it all without completely tanking the price or probably even getting people to pick it up.

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    buckshee said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Anyone on shiba inu ?

Yeah people can talk about wanting to turning a few quid into millions upon millions very quickly on shitcoins, but you’re forgetting liquidity. It’s basically impossible to sell that level all at once without getting front run or finding liquidity to sell. He’d have to slowly dump that over an incredibly long period of time 24/7 to have any chance of seeing any of that money. 
  • Options
    that's 25% of the market cap? Christ, nothing you can do with what is essentially junk
  • Options
    His best hope is to send incrementally to an exchange and then hope they have the liquidity to sell… or they don’t blacklist his address anyway. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    cafcpolo said:
    buckshee said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Anyone on shiba inu ?

Yeah people can talk about wanting to turning a few quid into millions upon millions very quickly on shitcoins, but you’re forgetting liquidity. It’s basically impossible to sell that level all at once without getting front run or finding liquidity to sell. He’d have to slowly dump that over an incredibly long period of time 24/7 to have any chance of seeing any of that money. 
    There’s been over $40billion of shiba traded in the last 24 hours. He could walk away with tens if not hundreds of millions today no problem. As an example, there’s enough liquidity for a single $25m transaction through matcha, but obviously any movement from wallets like that is going to tank the price after that. Looks like he has lost access to the wallet tho, no outward activity for close to 200 days. 
  • Options
    Rob62 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    buckshee said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Anyone on shiba inu ?

There’s been over 40 billion of shiba traded in the last 24 hours. He could walk away with tens if not hundreds of millions today no problem. As an example, there’s enough liquidity for a single 25m transaction through matcha, but obviously any movement from wallets like that is going to tank the price. Looks like he has lost access to the wallet tho, no outward activity for close to 200 days. 
    Yeah, but a 25m SHIB sale is only worth a couple of grand.

40 billion SHIB would be a few million. Granted you wouldn't turn your nose up at that but he couldn't offload it. Not on that scale.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Need to look into it a bit more to make sure it's all kosher, but on a quick read Kadena looks interesting... Strong team fronted by 2 people that led JP Morgan's Blockchain centre of excellence and advised by Stuart Haber who coinvented blockchain technology. Scalable blockchain with sharding and over 8,000 tps... And best of all, market cap just shy of 78mil

Oh my god... I did not buy and I've just seen this is up about 3500% since I posted this. Had everything I owned in crypto at the time and didn't go with my gut. What a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    So what’s the point?

I’m not trying to be facetious but if he’s spent £8k and can only get a couple of grand out, is he not on a loss?

Or is it entirely feasible to draw out daily for the next 20 years?

“(Some) Crypto gains aren’t won on paper (in wallets)”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    So what’s the point?

I’m not trying to be facetious but if he’s spent £8k and can only get a couple of grand out, is he not on a loss?

Where are you getting your figures from there? There's enough liquidity for him to comfortably be a multi-multi millionaire
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    cafcpolo said:
    Rob62 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    buckshee said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Anyone on shiba inu ?

There’s been over 40 billion of shiba traded in the last 24 hours. He could walk away with tens if not hundreds of millions today no problem. As an example, there’s enough liquidity for a single 25m transaction through matcha, but obviously any movement from wallets like that is going to tank the price. Looks like he has lost access to the wallet tho, no outward activity for close to 200 days. 
    Yeah, but a 25m SHIB sale is only worth a couple of grand.

40 billion SHIB would be a few million. Granted you wouldn't turn your nose up at that but he couldn't offload it. Not on that scale.
    $25m not 25m Shib. There has been over $40 billion dollars traded today alone. There is huge liquidity. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    WSS said:
    So what’s the point?

He can pull out tens and tens of millions of dollars in one transaction alone. Anyone saying it’d be hard to be a multi, multi millionaire from that position is misinformed.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    So what’s the point?

Yeah, sorry...I wasn't completely clear. What I mean is he couldn't offload 40bn in one hit. As KA said he'd need to be moving as large amounts as possible to various exchanges and then selling. It'd take him a few days to sell that much without too much of a price drop.

At the same time, this is the problem with shitcoins like shib. People aren't spending tens of thousands buying it. It's millions of small transactions made up of Joe Bloggs spending the odd ton here and there. So when it comes to selling a fuck load of them, there just isn't a single place you can do so. 40bn coin volume seems a lot but in value, its not a great deal in the grand scheme of things.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    cafcpolo said:
    WSS said:
    So what’s the point?

Yeah, sorry...I wasn't completely clear. What I mean is he couldn't offload 40bn in one hit. As KA said he'd need to be moving as large amounts as possible to various exchanges and then selling. It'd take him a few days to sell that much without too much of a price drop.

At the same time, this is the problem with shitcoins like shib. People aren't spending tens of thousands buying it. It's millions of small transactions made up of Joe Bloggs spending the odd ton here and there. So when it comes to selling a fuck load of them, there just isn't a single place you can do so. 40bn coin volume seems a lot but in value, its not a great deal in the grand scheme of things.
    Over $25m of liquidity through matcha.xyz. No sending to exchanges. Could get that out in one 10 second transaction and still have the majority of your portfolio (tho price would take a big hit obviously) Set for life.
  • Options
    Well that is a pretty big point then. Ta for clarifying.
  • Options
    Is this genuine ? Surely anyone would have cashed out much earlier and realised a significant profit. 
  • Options
    The worst thing about these meme coins is that they detract from other decent crypto currencies that serve a purpose 
  • Options
    Can someone recommend an app which has loads of new shit coins on??
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Is this genuine ? Surely anyone would have cashed out much earlier and realised a significant profit. 
    No outward transactions on the wallet for 200+ days. Possible they’ve lost access/dead/in prison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    cabbles said:
    The worst thing about these meme coins is that they detract from other decent crypto currencies that serve a purpose 
    99% of them serve no purpose. Outside of BTC, ETH and one or two others practically every other project would function just fine without a token. The token brings in cash and community. 
  • Options
    My guess is the person is otherwise a whale, holds significant amounts in other crypto, so $8,000 would’ve been a reasonable amount to spew away. 
  • Options
    My guess is the person is otherwise a whale, holds significant amounts in other crypto, so $8,000 would’ve been a reasonable amount to spew away. 
    A whale will for sure ignore 8k, not 4 billion :smiley:
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Looks like if you buy just about any alt coin right now you’ll be looking at least 2-3x in the next couple of months. Everything is looking so bullish. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    FYI if you want an airdrop of a defi dao token sign up to this web app with the invite code fluidity-rocks
    and then connect your wallet, will need a lil bit of ETH on the arbitrum network to sign it but you’ll get an airdrop of defibridge dao (DBD) token in a few weeks. 

https://webapp-beta.fluidfi.ch/sign-in?redirect=%2Fdashboard%2Fbalances

FLUID token is going live November 15th on sushiswap. Mega excited about this project. Do your own research not financial advice etc etc but check it out. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Need to look into it a bit more to make sure it's all kosher, but on a quick read Kadena looks interesting... Strong team fronted by 2 people that led JP Morgan's Blockchain centre of excellence and advised by Stuart Haber who coinvented blockchain technology. Scalable blockchain with sharding and over 8,000 tps... And best of all, market cap just shy of 78mil

Oh my god... I did not buy and I've just seen this is up about 3500% since I posted this. Had everything I owned in crypto at the time and didn't go with my gut. What a fucking idiot.
    Going nuts
  • Options
    Like an idiot, I bought back in May when it was not much lower than ATH just before it plummeted.  And my portfolio is still 44% up!
  • Options
    New all time high for bitcoin today.

RIP bears 
  • Options
    Enjoy it chaps.  Gutted after I held during the bloody dip and as soon as we hit ATH I needed all my dough for this house.  I wish everyone who has been on this continued success! 
  • Options
    I’ve mined about 600 Pi now so hopefully that will make something of itself one day 😂