Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cryptos

Comments

• Solana about to rip up again. Seems to be the most consistent performer this bull run 
  • Buying Lukso (LYXe) here... One of the founding members of Etherium, tech looks good and some advisors from big global brands. 
  • Also Kadena (finally), and some XCAD
  • Put $600 into BTC and ETH a few weeks ago, now up to $644. 👍

Maybe will dabble in some proper alt coins in the future but happy sticking with BTC and ETH for now.
  • QNT is continuing to perform terribly since I traded literally everything into it.

The joys of crypto. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Buying Lukso (LYXe) here... One of the founding members of Etherium, tech looks good and some advisors from big global brands. 
    Oooo nice. 
  • Coinbase doesn't support the 2 alt coins I'd like to dabble in. VET and ONE.  Anyone hold those?
  • edited November 2021
    ChiAddick said:
    Coinbase doesn't support the 2 alt coins I'd like to dabble in. VET and ONE.  Anyone hold those?
    VET get on Binance,VET have their own mobile wallet you can then transfer to and earn VTHOR in real time. 

ONE you can also get on Binance. 
  • I've been playing around on tinyman on Algorand blockchain. Easy and cheap to use 
  • Bitcoin > $68k
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder where it will end up come the end of the year?
  • cabbles said:
    I wonder where it will end up come the end of the year?
    Stock to flow predict over 6 figures.
  • Another interesting angle is that my job is sales for a company that sell a people analytics and workforce planning technology to companies, and my sector is financial services.  I don’t know if it has hit any of your radars, but there is a trend at the moment titled The Great Resignation Wave.

Essentially, there is a Labour market shortage and resignations have gone up quite considerably as we emerge from the pandemic.  I was speaking to a prospect who heads up the recruiting function for this company y’day who said Crypto exchanges and companies involved in the crypto space are a massive threat when it comes to attracting the type of talent they want and keeping them.  He said it’s very disruptive because in the past they could plan based on competing for talent in the same space as them (competitors for example), but a lot of new companies with deep pockets in the crypto space have come along and made big moves, and they can.

For anyone still questioning the long term viability of this sector, you’ll be running out of straws to clutch at very soon
  • Still hoping for a strong upward move for ZIL…
  • Litecoin moving up, my first ever crypto purchase back in the last bull run. 
  • ChiAddick said:
    cabbles said:
    Might see some significant resistance at 100k, but if it breaks that it will far exceed that.
  • 69 and another ATH
  • $RVP looks shit hot if does what's promised... mainet coming soon. 100m mktcap at mom
  • ChiAddick said:
    cabbles said:
    Might see some significant resistance at 100k, but if it breaks that it will far exceed that.
    Why do you say that out of interest, cos many will liquidate when it reaches 100k?
  • I noticed that I am now able to buy some cryptos through PayPal.... so... I bought £100 each of BTC and ETH just to dip my toe. 

The fees were £2.30 for each £100 transaction. How does that compare with other methods? 
  • Sponsored links:

• ChiAddick said:
    cabbles said:
    Why do you say that out of interest, cos many will liquidate when it reaches 100k?
    Psychological level. People will think “when bitcoin hits 100k I’ll sell, because I will have x dollars.” Usually happens with round numbers - last bull run it was 20k. 
  • edited November 2021
    I noticed that I am now able to buy some cryptos through PayPal.... so... I bought £100 each of BTC and ETH just to dip my toe. 

The fees were £2.30 for each £100 transaction. How does that compare with other methods? 
    I most recently spent $100 on BTC & ETH via Gemini and got $48.01 worth of each after paying $3.98 in fees. Open to hearing better ways to save on fees from others.

When you buy through Paypal do you have your own wallet or do Paypal hold it for you?
  • I noticed that I am now able to buy some cryptos through PayPal.... so... I bought £100 each of BTC and ETH just to dip my toe. 

I most recently spent $100 on BTC & ETH via Gemini and got $48.01 worth of each after paying $3.98 in fees. Open to hearing better ways to save on fees from others.

When you buy through Paypal do you have your own wallet or do Paypal hold it for you?
    Not sure. When I log in to PayPal, I click a "cryptos" button and my assets are listed with "buy" and "sell" buttons available. 

I guess this means PayPal hold it as there us no separate wallet?
  • I will defer to the crypto experts on that one. I’m still figuring all of this out. :-)
  • PayPal own your crypto. There’s an old adage - not your keys, not your wallet. Is there a way of transferring it to your own wallet? 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Also Kadena (finally), and some XCAD
    Just 58% up on KDA in 3 days 😀
  • Not that it matters much for me anymore, but if I were still holding Zil it’s never really looked close to going back to what I bought it at which was about $0.11 
  • Maybe it was more than that, I can’t remember.  Point is I thought it had legs.  Maybe it still does, but seems to have stalled for a long time now 
  • cabbles said:
    Not that it matters much for me anymore, but if I were still holding Zil it’s never really looked close to going back to what I bought it at which was about $0.11 
    It was there a couple of days ago.

I was reading yesterday that there's some evidence of the price being held back. Big sells on the hour every hour then slowly being purchased back.

The only time this wasn't happening this year was when it hit ATH in May.
  • cafcpolo said:
    cabbles said:
    Not that it matters much for me anymore, but if I were still holding Zil it’s never really looked close to going back to what I bought it at which was about $0.11 
    It was there a couple of days ago.

I was reading yesterday that there's some evidence of the price being held back. Big sells on the hour every hour then slowly being purchased back.

The only time this wasn't happening this year was when it hit ATH in May.
    Yup, looks like it’s in a range with it being in an accumulating stage. I think patience will be rewarded on this.