Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury 0-2 Charlton Post match views.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    In a way, you are both right. The problem is that Roland does not understand football. He also has an unnatural belief in youth over experience, coupled with misplaced belief that he is a visionary. He is genuinely mad.

A pity because if he could communicate and behave on a normal level he could have been successful. For instance, I think most football people would look at our side and say we are missing a goal scorer. Rolly would no doubt point to Ajose and say “I bought you one, and you decided not to play him so it is your fault. Stats say he scores 20 goals a season”.

Throughout his tenure he has made decisions, or allowed kids to make decisions, that would have been better left to those best equipped to make them.

Wanting Thurran to play in goal and the email to SCP on how to play 4-4-2 are two further examples of how deep his lack of knowledge is; and shows where he got the ideas from - a kid playing on a computer.

Giving youth its head may work well in the electronics field where original thought may have a place. CEO of a football club is not one. Not being able to understand something quite so simple is an indication that all is not well brain wise, still thinking it was a great decision when the weight of evidence should tell you it was a mistake is madness. Katy is intelligent so she will no doubt go on to be a success somewhere. I would love to read her book! No doubt RM and KP will be behind some of her better decisions!

We are fortunate that Rolly’s preoccupation with youth coincided with a wealth of talent at our club. He will not understand in anyway their limitations or the protection that these players need. He will not understand that all are not of the same standard or not ready.

He is mad, he has to go.
  • Options

Bollox!

We have the best academy in the EFL & fourth best in the FAPL... and you would prefer to spend other people's money on older professionals. And yet you would be the first to complain about debt at the club.

Is CAFC barren or has it travelled back to basics?

No parasitic CEO talking nonsense and disrupting the message to the fans.

We are certainly not mediocre for we are challenging. If you wish to celebrate failure that is your effing call but the bigger picture suggests that you are simply attempting to leverage your negative views and your negativity AGAINST our club. Why not take stock of the team, reality and the bookies odds and simply recognise the two things going on right now: We have chances and there is a possible takeover.

As for money frittered away, you are having a laugh! Our club has been losing £5-10M per annum for some ten years now and we are fortunate that somebody is willing to underwrite those losses. You write at great length about trivial failures and yet fail to recognise that there is still a path to Wembley and a great day out. The traditional model which you clearly subscribe to will bankrupt our club. In other words your vision is bankrupt!

Why do you think money has not been frittered away? Poor recruitment at all levels, poor scouting, and a series of pay-offs to poor managers and players, would you call this money well spent? The result is relegation, a huge drop in support subsidised by selling off our best players. You are the one who is celebrating failure.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

In a way, you are both right. The problem is that Roland does not understand football. He also has an unnatural belief in youth over experience, coupled with misplaced belief that he is a visionary. He is genuinely mad.

A pity because if he could communicate and behave on a normal level he could have been successful. For instance, I think most football people would look at our side and say we are missing a goal scorer. Rolly would no doubt point to Ajose and say “I bought you one, and you decided not to play him so it is your fault. Stats say he scores 20 goals a season”.

Throughout his tenure he has made decisions, or allowed kids to make decisions, that would have been better left to those best equipped to make them.

Wanting Thurran to play in goal and the email to SCP on how to play 4-4-2 are two further examples of how deep his lack of knowledge is; and shows where he got the ideas from - a kid playing on a computer.

Giving youth its head may work well in the electronics field where original thought may have a place. CEO of a football club is not one. Not being able to understand something quite so simple is an indication that all is not well brain wise, still thinking it was a great decision when the weight of evidence should tell you it was a mistake is madness. Katy is intelligent so she will no doubt go on to be a success somewhere. I would love to read her book! No doubt RM and KP will be behind some of her better decisions!

We are fortunate that Rolly’s preoccupation with youth coincided with a wealth of talent at our club. He will not understand in anyway their limitations or the protection that these players need. He will not understand that all are not of the same standard or not ready.

He is mad, he has to go.

Duchatelet or SeriouslyRed/Ridiculous?
  • Options
    In the context of our club we are mediocre. We have some decent players at this level and I would say we have underperformed this season. I think that is a more honest assessment than a negative one. Our big problem has been how easy it is to stop us - largely due to a lack of goal threat - but it may be a good thing that we have to play teams that probably have to be a bit positive.

We have a chance to put things right and I hope the players see the opportunity for what it is. This is what they play football for and they have the ability to make this a season to remember.

I would say about tomorrow - If Fosu and Mav are not fit - it will feel like a kick in the teeth. Please be fit lads - we need you. And despite what some might say, Magennis is key too. COYRs - give us something to be proud of. We desperately need it and want it.
  • Options
    Probably should add, getting us back to where we were when he took over the club is hardly success. Look at the empty stadium. The huge debt on the club. He's probably lost us a generation of support, taking us back 30 years. And produced the sort of fan you spend your time with these days, those who can't wait to dig out other supporters because of individuals who they've grown to dislike.

Yeah, what luck we have Duchatelet - I pinch myself regularly to make sure I'm not dreaming.
  • Options
    SR is a WUM, simples.
  • Options
    I hope Meire has to pay Duchâtelet back for all of the money she has wasted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SR is a WUM, simples.

But if he is not a WUM he will be able to respond to his earlier post.

Let's see where we are later today.