Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury 0-2 Charlton Post match views.

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Currently trying to arrange a holiday in May. For Christ's sake Charlton, can you please hurry up and make your flipping mind up whether you're crap or brilliant?!

Book it anyway. Whatever, you get your holiday - and we get a day out at Wembley! :smile:

• Options
    Oddly, I thought it would be typical if we won this one...
  • Options

LouisMend said:
    Great picture, but what have they just seen? One of golfaddick's post on here maybe?
    "Did you see the size of their keeper's slice?"
  • Options
    Would like to see our record with Page and Dijksteel starting as Full Backs.

I feel this has been key.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We sold out the away end for Saturday?
  • Options
    That goal from Magennis was one of the funniest goals I have ever seen!
  • Options
    JFC and Pearce were immense tonight, although Pearce did miss a free header to put us ahead earlier in the match.

Shrewsbury looked more lively in the first half imo, despite Amos being relatively untroubled.

We only really got going after about an hour when Mavididi and Fosu started to get more involved.

A really gritty performance; just hope it isn’t spoit on saturday like we usually do when we get a decent turn out.
  • Options
    a great result and really put the cat back amongst the pidgeons. Still need a minimum of seven points from the remaining nine and then just pray. All nine would do it. Still think we will fall just short but at least we are making a fist of it whilst a few weeks ago a top ten finish looked the best we could hope for. If only KR had gone a month sooner.
  • Options
    Two hours ahead here and up at 5:15, so watched it on iFollow and knocked it on the head at half time!!!

I think I've just discovered a new routine for the rest of the season!
  • Options
    Not a great performance, but against a team who played a bit more and left a bit more space we managed to grind out a result.

Would be happy with 3 more of them thanks.
  • Options

Would like to see our record with Page and Dijksteel starting as Full Backs.

I feel this has been key.

Definitely look a better side with them in Bowyer's team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even though Marshall and Page never really have stand out performances, I think we are a way better side with them both in the team, particularly Page. We never seem to leave huge gaps defensively unlike when JDS plays
  • Options

Bit unfair Josh. Jay DaSilva has been absolutely magnificent this season.

His only weakness is he's not great at defending.
  • Options
    Fantastic result. Well done to the lads and the travelling support.
    Pompey game is huge now.
  • Options
    What time did people get home?
  • Options
    Nice to see the Charlton boss in a shirt and tie not a bloody shell suit
  • Options

Nice to see the Charlton boss in a shirt and tie not a bloody shell suit

He's rocking a v-neck - influenced by Parky?
  • Options

Even though Marshall and Page never really have stand out performances, I think we are a way better side with them both in the team, particularly Page. We never seem to leave huge gaps defensively unlike when JDS plays

I like DaSilva but hard to disagree our better performances recently are when Page is playing. Would definitely start him Saturday
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I thought Shrewsbury tried to beat us and it seems that is not the best way to play against us. It is better to have as many bodies in your defensive box when we are attacking and to press us in midfield and wait for us to make a mistake.

When opponents try to go toe to toe with us, you can actually see the ability in the side. Shrewsbury are deservedly a top three side and we deserved to beat them. Probably better we have away games and a tough home game to come.
  • Options
    Posting without eating breakfast.

Arill buzzing from watching thay last night. What a performance. Every player on that pitch did themselves proud. Fought hard and never gave an inch. Proper Charlton performance.

Special word for Konsa who was there for every second ball and was everywhere in midfield - best performance from him in ages.
    Pearce - what a fighter of a man.
    Magennis - led the line brilliantly and deserved that goal at the end even if it was down to them going all our for a goal.