Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury 0-2 Charlton Post match views.

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Really pleased I opted for Blackpool away instead

A broken man

• Options

1StevieG said:

Bit unfair Josh. Jay DaSilva has been absolutely magnificent this season.

His only weakness is he's not great at defending.
    Seen DaSilva put in some phenomenal defending at left back and for someone who lacks height certainly makes up for it in other aspects. I would say his positioning sometimes leaves a bit to be desired as he always looking to get down the wing and apart from that he has been one of our best players.
    Too often out of position for me - don't think he really suits our style of football. He undoubtedly has talent but he's possibly suited to playing for a more technically gifted side or perhaps to developing a midfield role.

He does seen to have been targeted in a number of games but this is possibly due to the lack of cover he's given.
    I think all our full backs have suffered this season (and last under KR) with the lack of cover for the full backs with the 4-2-3-1 system. Theoretically cover should come from 2 of the attacking "3" but that's not their natural game, and then it's down to the midfield "2" to come over and help
  • Options

Can anyone explain to me the two dismal performance against Wimbledon and Scunthorpe in the light of the other Lee Bowyer results and performances ?

It’s baffling.

It's not baffling It's Charlton
    Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Fine purveyors of inexplicable disappointment since 1905.
  • Options

Nice to see the Charlton boss in a shirt and tie not a bloody shell suit

He's not a Scouser, you know.

• Options
    The height of Ezri's boot, it's just as well that Pearce wasn't facing him as that would have been really painful!
  • Options
    razil said:

I think it is personnel related

Defence conceding goals, answer Page back

Not creating, Fosu back

These have been the main differences I feel in the odd nature of Bowyers tenure so far

But we stuck 3 in against Rotherham and conceded only one with neither playing?
  • Options
    Why are quite a few of our fans still sitting down when we score?!
  • Options
    Apparently Harry Kane got a touch on the keepers sliced clearance and is claiming an assist... I don't find these funny, i find it funny they wind up others...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Nice to see the Charlton boss in a shirt and tie not a bloody shell suit

He's not a Scouser, you know.

Unless they are going to court..............Oh hang on a minute no offence Bow :wink: .
  • Options

Siddarn! :wink:
  • Options

Can anyone explain to me the two dismal performance against Wimbledon and Scunthorpe in the light of the other Lee Bowyer results and performances ?

It’s baffling.

Hey, watch it!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

It’s baffling.

Hey, watch it!
    Fair comment needs an addendum @Briston_Addick :wink: .
  • Options
    The average age of the away supporters was about 85. Some of them in shot were at the front because that's as far as they could get on sticks and crutches - so give them a break.

• Options
    edited April 2018

The average age of the away supporters was about 85. Some of them in shot were at the front because that's as far as they could get on sticks and crutches - so give them a break.

Sounds like they may have already had one, get well soon.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Apparently Harry Kane got a touch on the keepers sliced clearance and is claiming an assist... I don't find these funny, i find it funny they wind up others...

Flags are funny though :P @Dazzler21
  • Options
    :lol::heartbreak:
  • Options

It’s baffling.

Fine purveyors of (mostly) inexplicable disappointment since 1905.
    Happy now @JamesSeed @RedChaser ?

:wink:
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/football/shrewsbury-vs-charlton/report/375373

What was their keeper waiting for before the second goal?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://www.skysports.com/football/shrewsbury-vs-charlton/report/375373

What was their keeper waiting for before the second goal?!

The ball to drop? I mean fancy trying to win a one on one with a front man who has been known to hold the ball up under pressure from L1 Neanderthal CBs. Should've done one on his Bromleys and retreated towards his own goal asap.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Pearce expertly wasting time or was it a new goal celebration? Joey Barton to celebrate his first goal as manager by roundhousing the scorer.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    1StevieG said:

Pearce expertly wasting time or was it a new goal celebration? Joey Barton to celebrate his first goal as manager by roundhousing the scorer.

He got kicked in the bum by Konsa. Accidentally, I think.
  • Options

“We’re delighted and I think that we thoroughly deserved the win. The way we stuck together and fought, and every single challenge we went in for we went in to win.

“Our togetherness was great. I know what we can do in possession and I will never doubt how good we are on the ball. I know we can make something out of nothing with the individuals we have. What I have always said since I took over is that I demand that work-rate, togetherness and fight.

“If we didn’t fight tonight, Shrewsbury would have run over the top of us like they did at The Valley.

“That’s what I’ve drummed into the players; if you don’t fight then you won’t win games. We had a lot of young players out there tonight and, for me, they became men. They stood up and no-one has done this to Shrewsbury here. Shrewsbury aren’t pushing for the top two for nothing, so I am delighted.

“I can’t pick a man of the match. That’s the seventh game I’ve been in charge and the fourth time I can’t pick a man of the match. The players are obviously doing something right.

“We have shown that we can fight and we’ll have to do that at times. The players that came in – Marshy and Josh made their first starts under me – their work rate was outstanding.

“They couldn’t have given me anymore and Josh was rewarded at the end with his goal. I wanted Marshy to come in and work his socks off. That’s exactly what he did and he was outstanding.

“Portsmouth is a completely different game. It’s a completely different game, and completely different atmosphere but we will be there ready and fighting, for sure.”
  • Options

That’s the seventh game I’ve been in charge and the fourth time I can’t pick a man of the match.

And in the other three matches no-one deserved man of the match as they were scheissenhausen.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

One doesn’t even move a muscle.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

That’s the seventh game I’ve been in charge and the fourth time I can’t pick a man of the match.

And in the other three matches no-one deserved man of the match as they were scheissenhausen.
    You wasn't at the Scunthorpe game or you would have realized that Amos was superb and stopped the score being 0-4 !

You are correct the other players stunk the place out.
  • Options
    Caretaker boss Lee Bowyer has praised the attitude of Mark Marshall and Josh Magennis.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ad863330ea76/lee-bowyer-praises-the-attitude-of-charlton-duo-ahead-of-pompey-clash