Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury 0-2 Charlton Post match views.

Comments

• Options
    First half very even, maybe even Shrewsbury more threatening.
    Second half our boys fought for every ball and they didn't have a shot on goal.
    We got the goal that we deserved from the skipper and then Josh made the most from a howler from the keeper.
    Our fans in good voice throughout.
    Onwards to Pompey - just what we needed!
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I might have been overly pessimistic on the match thread but I stand by what I said earlier - it will be the loss against Scunny & not the win tonight that will seal our fate. Even if we win our last 3 games I still think we'll be a point or two short. Scunny have to play MK & Walsall, and although they are battling relegation I still think Scunny will beat them.

I'm more pleased tonight for Golfie Jnr - he was literally bouncing when I called him at full time & will give us something to really look forward to on Saturday. His first time at Fratton & so he can tick that one off & maybe now Rochdale as well.

no chance. We get 9 points and we are in the play offs 100%

Having said that I think we will take only 4/5 and then will be 2/3 short.
  • Options
    Bloody brilliant :smiley:
  • Options
    Just saying, but how many loan players did we have playing tonight ?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Even Roland the wanker can't take away from me that pure buzz from an away day win.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

If only we had beaten Scunthorpe. Would have killed them off. As it stands Plymouth have two games in hand and Portsmouth on Saturday is now a cup final.

If we'd beaten Scunthorpe the Shrewsbury match would have been completely different. Bowyer might have picked a different side for one thing.
    But we probably wouldn't have need to beat Shrewsbury.
  • Options

Pompey is 11 v 11. If we win and Plymouth fail to get a result, we're in a great position.

Plymouth are away to Northampton, who gave themselves a glimmer of hope with a surprise away win last weekend.

I feel Plymouth will win, but you just can be never sure.
  • Options
    Get in there. The good side of the team is back. Please no more crap performances like the previous 2 before tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Pompey is 11 v 11. If we win and Plymouth fail to get a result, we're in a great position.

Plymouth are away to Northampton, who gave themselves a glimmer of hope with a surprise away win last weekend.

I feel Plymouth will win, but you just can be never sure.
    So true at this late stage of the season form goes out of the window teams at the bottom are fighting for their lives and some crazy results are thrown up, I mean look at Manure getting turned over by West Brom and Charlton winning at Shrewsbury :wink:.
  • Options
    Seven points will be enough. A draw at Pompey isn't the end of the world following tonight's result.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Personally feel Plymouth are the ones to finish above as oppose to Scunny.

Think Plymouth have a harder run - Rochdale (a), Scunny and Rotherham are three very tricky fixtures. And Northampton away not easy either. Gillingham on the last day who knows.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Think Plymouth have a harder run - Rochdale (a), Scunny and Rotherham are three very tricky fixtures. And Northampton away not easy either. Gillingham on the last day who knows.

Finishing above them too would be great but at this point they have 15 points to play for and we only have 9 to play for. That's almost double and we're only one point ahead.

If there's one team it'll be ok to finish below, it's them. If they can do us a favour and beat Scunthorpe, even better.
  • Options

Gillingham literally made a mini movie to celebrate their home victory against us

If we are relying on them for a result you know we are in trouble
  • Options
    Anything can happen! Let’s just see what happens. At least we have put ourselves right back in the mix! People saying we will fall short, even Bradford are still in with a shout! Sit back and strap in!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Gillingham literally made a mini movie to celebrate their home victory against us

If we are relying on them for a result you know we are in trouble
    If we are relying on us for a result you know we're in trouble!

• Options
    Might be a bit of wishful thinking that Blackburn would lay down for us even if they are already promoted - they will be wanting the title.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sometimes its better to be playing a team who have something to play for - like Shrews today - they had to go for it at the end & left themselves exposed at the back. Teams who have nothing to play for can relax & play without fear - like Bradford tonight.
  • Options
    Great win, great spirit, random football but who cares.
    Yyyooouuu Rreeedddss !!!!!
  • Options

Might be a bit of wishful thinking that Blackburn would lay down for us even if they are already promoted - they will be wanting the title.

Yep ..... and on Thursday it's Blackburn v Peterborough.

A win for Blackburn would also badly trip up Posh's playoff hopes, who've got a pig of a final run in.

• Options

I watched a different game to others (on iPlayer)
    I thought it was a bit niggly , mainly from them with a few late challenges and words being said .
    Also thought Konsa was pony , for all but the last 20 mins but we were very comfortable throughout .
    Jekyll and Hyde Charlton at it again and the play off hope counter ticks up .

43% Play offs

100% fuck off Roland

Under the circs, I think he did well overall, but as you said he improved throughout the game. Gave the midfield some bite and energy. He could grow into that role.

My Irish builders keep betting on Charlton matches, but they keep getting it wrong. They were going to go big on Shrewsbury today, but fortunately I had a sneaky feeling we might do something. Only because we're so unpredictable really.
  • Options
    Bowyer got them playing an entirely different simple game. Miss out midfield and mix it in the final third with Josh creating scraps for midfield following up in the box.

Shrews work so hard, hunt in packs and attack in packs and we just had to match them in work rate when not in possession, which we did.

Not pretty but effective. Same again on Saturday, forget playing from the back and no reason we can’t repeat result.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Typical Charlton. Just when you've lost hope they manage to surprise you.

Just hope its not too little too late.
  • Options
    Bowyer In, In, In, Out, Out, Out, In.....

Brilliant result - since Meire & Gobinson b*ggered of it does feel that at long, long, last the Charlton flame is flickering back to life - the old Belgian scrote is nowhere to be seen - so yes, early days & he needs to sell - but for the first time for me since CP left, Charlton are back....