Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury 0-2 Charlton Post match views.

Comments

• Options
    Great result and typical Charlton to get a result when least expected. Let's put a run together and get into the play offs now!

How did that game finish so late though? Ref didn't seem to want it to end. Shrewsbury looked a different side from the one we faced at The Valley two months ago

• Options
    Plymouth might have two games in hand, yet we have the points

Interesting that this was their last midweek without a game so hopefully with them playing Sat | Tues | Sat | Tues | Sat it'll make them more tired

Gillingham v Plymouth
    Portsmouth v Peterborough
    Scunthorpe v Bradford
    Rochdale v Charlton

Remember those fixtures... that'll be the Weekend that decides fifth and sixth
  • Options
    We gonna need another 8000 tickets for pompey now.
    The 1000 who backed thier tickets after Saturday will be ringing up tomorrow.
    Elfs has just text wembley after taking the piss wheb we lost saturday
  • Options

Magennis

Season back on.

Glad I've got my Rochdale tickets

And me! (Glad I’ve got my tickets, not that you’ve got yours :-) )

• Options
    I really had given up on this season. Just followed the match thread a bit and at half time didn't have any reason to get excited....

Don't know what to think about this team now, beyond that it's usually much better when Fosu is in it.
  • Options
    Great double tonight... Mighty ebbsfleet won also.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Really really shitty day at work and for once it’s Charlton who come to the rescue. Get in. COYRs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    “Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.” -George Weinberg
  • Options
    Weird league this one, and we fit in perfectly
  • Options
    great result - i'd say that makes up for Wimbledon as I thought we'd win that and lose today - unfortunately play-offs still not in our own hands need Scunny and/or Plymouth to slip up as Pompy have today -

Need 4 points from Pompy/Blackburn to still have a shout on the last day imo.

• Options
    First time i've seen a game all season - thanks for the instagram feed (don't tell my boss). I saw some hunger from the players lots of 40-60 battles won. As @Dazzler 21 said no shortage of grit out there. Keep digging deep lads - believe.
  • Options
    Well I never!!

Could that be any more Charlton?!

Pompey losing now means they simply have to beat us though.

We still need slip ups from Plymouth and Scunny.

Sat is now fooking huge!! But we know what happens in these scenarios. Pray it’s not another high before a crash!!

Rochdale away is a nightmare last fixture!!
  • Options
    Surely sell out Pompey now!!
  • Options
    That second goal is a typical Charlton goal to concede. What a mess.
  • Options
    Wins against Plymouth, Rotherham and Shrewsbury in recent weeks under Bowyer. Three teams that could easily be in the playoffs with us (daring to dream) :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fancy Bradford and Plymouth to both grab something against Scunthorpe

Reckon Portsmouth and Rochdale will be good enough for sixth
    After tonight Blackburn owe us one too
  • Options

Realistically, on the form of the last three games, we do not stand a chance tonight. So, come on Charlton, do what you do best and surprise us all by beating one of the best teams at their place. 2-0 to the Reds.

I wish I had put a bet on The National now ):
  • Options
    Big win. VPN nonsense meant I only saw the second half. Didn't seem to be in much trouble. Ugly game but a big 3 points. Makes the last two "performances" all the more galling. Anything remotely matching that at Wimbledon and we would have got something the same for Scunthorpe.

Pleased for Bowyer - would have taken guts to make that many changes.

Saying all of that, still think we are going to come up short for the play offs.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Brilliant result.
    Makes the season under Robbo even more infuriating.

#InLordBowyerWeTrust
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Bet Blackburn are pleased

Means that Blackburn may already be promoted by the time we play them.
  • Options
    What a strange goal that second goal was. It all seemed in slow motion, and when Magennis lobbed the keeper he was right next to him!
  • Options

First time i've seen a game all season - thanks for the instagram feed (don't tell my boss). I saw some hunger from the players lots of 40-60 battles won. As @Dazzler 21 said no shortage of grit out there. Keep digging deep lads - believe.

Definitely sounds like it's your first game, but with you all the way...
  • Options

Time for a lot of people on here to flip flop from last Saturday..............................

Yeah, and good luck to them - makes a change to celebrate a good hard fought win away at fellow promotion candidate.
  • Options
    "Season over now", "playoffs gone" etc etc
  • Options

What a strange goal that second goal was. It all seemed in slow motion, and when Magennis lobbed the keeper he was right next to him!

Served the bloody ref right for playing all those extra minutes. Closet bloody shrewsbury fan.