Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury 0-2 Charlton Post match views.

Comments

• Options
    Didn't see that coming, puts us back in with a chance although I think we need another 6 or 7 points and to avoid defeat at Pompey. Well done to the lads for a great result tonight.
  • Options

Looking at that table and the upcoming fixtures we are going to fall just short.

I wouldn’t be so sure, it’s the time of year where you get all sorts of funny results (see tonight for example)

Still think we’re in a good position
  • Options
    2nd goal was hilarious. Keeper seemed paralysed outside the box and not able to handle it.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Brilliant win, SSN saying we were great today!
    That's it boys get the blip out the way now before Wembley

I think we need at least 7 points from our last 3 games. No blip allowed
    Agree with this. I said 10 before tonight's game so seven points needed from here. Six or less and we start having to rely on others to drop points.
    Which they will, because they still have to play each other.

• Options
    +5 goal difference on Pompey now.
    If only we'd drawn against Scunny we could have afforded to lose against them by 2 goals and still been above them. !

• Options
    edited April 2018
    2 wins will do it. Other teams in the mix are just as inconsistent as us.
  • Options

Portsmouth this Saturday is going to be one hell of agame and i am stuck on a golf course in Hamburg.

Shame on you. You should be popping round to see Roland :wink:

• Options

Looking at that table and the upcoming fixtures we are going to fall just short.

That’s the spirit !
    Your joking.
    After Saturday 90% of the posters on here said the season was over
  • Options
    Get in!

Classic Charlton to let you down when it’s expected and come good when it ain’t.

Have tickets for last 3 games. COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nothing more likeable than an optimist.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

That’s the spirit !
    Like a Statler and Waldorf sketch
  • Options

Teams in the playoff chasing pack still have to play each other. Dog eat dog. Points will be dropped. Let's hope their results fall in our favour.

But we must do our part too. Just win matches.

• Options

Did anyone else watching via iFollow find the two sets of players really chummy?

Nsaila was down for an age in the penalty area and during that time, Godfrey was having a friendly chat with both Konsa and Fosu... Magennis then went and joined in

Then when we scored the second, Godfrey and Konsa seemed to clash very briefly in the goal before they realised they'd been talking earlier and quickly stopped what could have been handbags at dawn - Even then their Goalkeeper seemed to start having a chat with Magennis once we'd celebrated the goal

We have been friendly to the opposition all seasom.
  • Options

2nd goal was hilarious. Keeper seemed paralysed outside the box and not able to handle it.

Of course not. He's not permitted to handle it outside the box :smile:

• Options

Just back to the hotel.

Was not holding out much hope tonight, but the boys put in a real shift and did not let them get into any rhythm.

First half was pretty even and I could not really see where our goal might come from but second half we come out and looked much more of a threat putting them under pressure, just when I thought they had weathered our storm we got a scrappy goal but well deserved.

Could of got another from Stephy and his tricky feet put the keeper made a blinding safe.

Josh then got a goal his work rate deserved calmly waiting to pounce on the keepers rushed clearance cooling sinking it over him when keeper was expecting him to header I think.

Battling performance more than class but the better team.

Konza in midfield particularly second half was outstanding bringing much needed energy and bite.

Need to follow this up Saturday now but after saturdays gutless showing this has restored my faith in these lads that they do wanna roll there sleeves up and fight.

Rose are there any 3 beds up there for 100k cheerx
  • Options
    All aboard the fickle bus.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Great result and against a good side as we could v easily meet them again In a few weeks time all I can say is imo I think it’s too little too late but we’re charlton and it’s the sort of way we do things - never easy, hope those travelling enjoyed bring on Saturday, will be a good day on the beer regardless but does make it a massive game, also with Blackburn hopefully being promoted they won’t have much to play for and might be a bit easier to beat. Rochdale on the other hand may need points off us for survival playoffs don’t look available for pompey they have to win against us to have a slim hope so hopefully we can get them on the counter.
  • Options

Great result and against a good side as we could v easily meet them again In a few weeks time all I can say is imo I think it’s too little too late but we’re charlton and it’s the sort of way we do things - never easy, hope those travelling enjoyed bring on Saturday, will be a good day on the beer regardless but does make it a massive game, also with Blackburn hopefully being promoted they won’t have much to play for and might be a bit easier to beat. Rochdale on the other hand may need points off us for survival playoffs don’t look available for pompey they have to win against us to have a slim hope so hopefully we can get them on the counter.

Lets beat pompey first
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I might have been overly pessimistic on the match thread but I stand by what I said earlier - it will be the loss against Scunny & not the win tonight that will seal our fate. Even if we win our last 3 games I still think we'll be a point or two short. Scunny have to play MK & Walsall, and although they are battling relegation I still think Scunny will beat them.

I'm more pleased tonight for Golfie Jnr - he was literally bouncing when I called him at full time & will give us something to really look forward to on Saturday. His first time at Fratton & so he can tick that one off & maybe now Rochdale as well.
  • Options
    Pompey is 11 v 11. If we win and Plymouth fail to get a result, we're in a great position.
  • Options

I might have been overly pessimistic on the match thread but I stand by what I said earlier - it will be the loss against Scunny & not the win tonight that will seal our fate. Even if we win our last 3 games I still think we'll be a point or two short. Scunny have to play MK & Walsall, and although they are battling relegation I still think Scunny will beat them.

I'm more pleased tonight for Golfie Jnr - he was literally bouncing when I called him at full time & will give us something to really look forward to on Saturday. His first time at Fratton & so he can tick that one off & maybe now Rochdale as well.

I thought you were hiding golfie
  • Options

Pompey is 11 v 11. If we win and Plymouth fail to get a result, we're in a great position.

Plymouth's game advantage (five still to play) means that they are the team we should be least worried about right now. They have more opportunities to pick up points than any of our other competitors. Luckily there are two spots available so we can afford to have one other team go on a semi decent run.

If they can do us a favour and beat Scunthorpe, that would be brilliant.
  • Options

Plymouth's game advantage (five still to play) means that they are the team we should be least worried about right now. They have more opportunities to pick up points than any of our other competitors. Luckily there are two spots available so we can afford to have one other team go on a semi decent run.

Yep let them win that and Peterborough and we take care of our own business
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Wouldn't mind Plymouth running away with 5th place if they beat Scunthorpe, then if we beat Pompey its going to be interesting
  • Options

If only we had beaten Scunthorpe. Would have killed them off. As it stands Plymouth have two games in hand and Portsmouth on Saturday is now a cup final.

If we'd beaten Scunthorpe the Shrewsbury match would have been completely different. Bowyer might have picked a different side for one thing.
  • Options

That’s the spirit !
    Glass half empty = proper Charlton