Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton 21/4/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    iFollow:
    Wow! What a performance!! Everyone just immense, especially second half. As I said on match thread, but for some questionable last ball decision making it would have been more. Who cares though.

It makes the performance last weekend look even more perplexing.
  • Options
    Finally got the VPN working and was just in time for Ajose’s goal.

We played very well again. Amos made some vital saves there.

Fingers crossed Fosu is ok.

Next two games I will be there, can’t bloody wait!!!!

Well done to Bowyer.

Was very jealous of that away end. Looked quality
  • Options
    Fantastic result. We don't have a great record against them, and Pompey and I go way back. Will be able to jeer my old Portsmouth Poly buddy who is now in Sydney.

Gotta say, I have never been so confused about the team as now. Are we any good, or not?
  • Options
    Our team appears to have found its long misplaced backbone - could RD ever so kindly sod off before next Saturday?
  • Options
    Great result - Still not 100% in our own hands but would rather have the points on the board at this stage of the season than be in Plymouth's position. As said above it looks like the pressure is getting to them - Never did think they were all that just had a bit of form for a few months can easily see them falling away.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    If bowyer gets us up he deserves a knighthood
    Bouncing back from 2 bad games with wins away at Shrewsbury and Pompy is very impressive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Brilliant brilliant win. Got to hand it to Bowyer.
    Watching the fa cup semi at Wembley and wondering if we’ll all be there in a few weeks ;-)
  • Options
    What a win, absolutely fantastic performance from the players, coaches and fans.

Didn’t see the goal, I was too busy on skybet.

Overall. My favorite Charlton performance for a long time. We were outstanding.

Ben Amos, you were brilliant. Man of the match. Incredible saves.
  • Options
    Great result...only thing now is Blackburn win next week they are promoted. So with over 3000 fans could be iffy for us...Fed up with seeing teams getting promoted/winning championships at the valley on our last home game of the season.
  • Options
    Fantastic! Huge game next week. Rovers playing really well we have to match them and put our chances away ....bet it comes down to Rochdale game though, typical Charlton!
  • Options
    Confused.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a great away day . Atmosphere unreal . Excellent team performance to match . Shout out to Amos again.
  • Options

Great result...only thing now is Blackburn win next week they are promoted. So with over 3000 fans could be iffy for us...Fed up with seeing teams getting promoted/winning championships at the valley on our last home game of the season.

Blackburn can clinch promotion on Tuesday, away to Donny.

Regardless of that ... fuck 'em!

Lord Bowyer's reign: P 8 W 5 D 1 L 2 F 13 A 4 PTS 11

The five wins: Plymouth, Northampton, Rotherham, Shrewsbury, Pompey. With the exception of Northampton that's four sides in and around the play-offs.

I don't think Rovers' impending promotion will bother His Lordship too much. He'll say to the team: "Let them celebrate their promotion ... on another day, somewhere else. For now, just go out there and beat the fuckers."
  • Options

The five wins: Plymouth, Northampton, Rotherham, Shrewsbury, Pompey. With the exception of Northampton that's four sides in and around the play-offs.

I don't think Rovers' impending promotion will bother His Lordship too much. He'll say to the team: "Let them celebrate their promotion ... on another day, somewhere else. For now, just go out there and beat the fuckers."
    Hope so
  • Options
    We actually turned up.

Cracking away atmosphere, solid in defence. Pearce a monster.

Thoroughly enjoyable.
  • Options

I tend to agree :smiley:
  • Options
    Anyone know what the price for a ticket at Wembley is gonna be?

What a result. Nice one lads. Makes this pint I'm having go down even nicer.