Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton 21/4/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Options

How buzzing must the players have been hearing that today. Really think that could of been a game changer of a performance today.

Let's make sure we repeat it against Blackburn
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Don't know what has been done/set up differently defensively for us now - I make that only 4 goals conceded in 9 games

Great result - Still not 100% in our own hands but would rather have the points on the board at this stage of the season than be in Plymouth's position. As said above it looks like the pressure is getting to them - Never did think they were all that just had a bit of form for a few months can easily see them falling away.

Not true, two wins guarantee play offs
    Not trying to piss on bonfires but that's not 100% accurate; It all comes down to the result of Plymouth/Scunny match - if they draw that one and all three teams win all remaining games it comes down to goal difference - we have 4 higher than Plymouth at the moment and 4 worse than Scunny.
    I actually think a Plymouth win is worst case scenario for us and Scunny win is best.
    So even if we win both games against Blackburn and Shrewsbury... if Scunthorpe beat MK Dons and Bradford & Plymouth beat Rochdale, Rotherham and Gillingham by two goals in each game and then Scunthorpe and Plymouth draw, we miss out on goal difference?

Might be worth a sixfold 50p acca.
    Depends on the results... If we all win our remaining games 1-0 with Scunthorpe v Plymouth ending in a draw then we get 6th as we've a better Goal Difference than Plymouth

What'll help is if Rochdale beat Plymouth and then win on Saturday (away @ Oxford), they could be safe and wont need anything when we visit on the final day
    I think it’d be far more ‘Charlton’ to go into the last game of the season just needing to avoid defeat vs an already relegated Rochdale only to lose 1-0 and miss out on the playoffs. We don’t do our bit only to find someone did better against all odds, we fuck it up when it was in our own hands.

All this crap could have been avoided if we’d just turned up vs Scunthorpe. So frustrating, but, of course, as per the above paragraph, so predictably Charlton.
  • Options
    JT said:

You absolute f*cking beautys. Thank god the clocks have changed here in oz so I can make it through a full game.

Maybe you can stay up a bit longer and update the Rachel Riley thread, you owe us big time :smile:
  • Options
    Should have been more than 1-0 we were all over them, need to improve crossing and final ball, but that was the best away day I've had for years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    DRAddick said:

Don't know what has been done/set up differently defensively for us now - I make that only 4 goals conceded in 9 games

Great result - Still not 100% in our own hands but would rather have the points on the board at this stage of the season than be in Plymouth's position. As said above it looks like the pressure is getting to them - Never did think they were all that just had a bit of form for a few months can easily see them falling away.

Not true, two wins guarantee play offs
    Not trying to piss on bonfires but that's not 100% accurate; It all comes down to the result of Plymouth/Scunny match - if they draw that one and all three teams win all remaining games it comes down to goal difference - we have 4 higher than Plymouth at the moment and 4 worse than Scunny.
    I actually think a Plymouth win is worst case scenario for us and Scunny win is best.
    So even if we win both games against Blackburn and Shrewsbury... if Scunthorpe beat MK Dons and Bradford & Plymouth beat Rochdale, Rotherham and Gillingham by two goals in each game and then Scunthorpe and Plymouth draw, we miss out on goal difference?

Might be worth a sixfold 50p acca.
    Depends on the results... If we all win our remaining games 1-0 with Scunthorpe v Plymouth ending in a draw then we get 6th as we've a better Goal Difference than Plymouth

What'll help is if Rochdale beat Plymouth and then win on Saturday (away @ Oxford), they could be safe and wont need anything when we visit on the final day
    I think it’d be far more ‘Charlton’ to go into the last game of the season just needing to avoid defeat vs an already relegated Rochdale only to lose 1-0 and miss out in the playoffs. We don’t do our bit only to find someone did better against all odds, we fuck it up when it was in our own hands.

All this crap could have been avoided if we’d just turned up vs Scunthorpe. So frustrating, but, of course, as per the above paragraph, so predictably Charlton.
    Can see why you were exiled you miserable git ;-)
    Oi, I was just musing on the possibility we might win all our games and still miss out. I’m an optimist and think we’ll get the job done and others will drop points. I thought we’d still make the top six even back in February. The fact I’ve been following us for nearly 30 years and I’m still optimistic is testiment to my general lack of miserableness!

I’ve just seen enough of us the know what our true nature is.
  • Options

Blackburn and Shrewsbury both play midweek, Blackburn only need to match their result to go up (they'll be 7 clear with 2 to play).

Somebody said it's not 100% in our hands. It is. Scunthorpe have to play Plymouth, so one or both will drop points. If we win all our games then both can't over-take us.

It is not 100% in our hands. Plymouth draw with Scunthorpe, both win the rest of their games, Plymouth scoring loads, and they both overtake us.
  • Options

Blackburn and Shrewsbury both play midweek, Blackburn only need to match their result to go up (they'll be 7 clear with 2 to play).

Somebody said it's not 100% in our hands. It is. Scunthorpe have to play Plymouth, so one or both will drop points. If we win all our games then both can't over-take us.

It is not 100% in our hands. Plymouth draw with Scunthorpe, both win the rest of their games, Plymouth scoring loads, and they both overtake us.
    Correct, apologies - forgot about the draw scenario
  • Options

Correct, apologies - forgot about the draw scenario
    No apology necessary.
  • Options
    Awesome team performance. 100% getting to playoff final as I am having my gallbladder out on the Friday before the final. Will I be well enough to go?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See you all on Saturday for another proper shift.. I hope
  • Options
    Here we go again.....the play-offs beckon. Who would be the best side to be drawn against?
  • Options
    To be honest I was absolutely certain we would not make the play-offs after Scunthorpe beat us so I don't care who we get in the play-offs now. I would imagine that the other teams in it would rather avoid us (if we make it which I think we will now) and that is how we should approach it from now on.
  • Options
    Marshall helped. Good impact.
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Awesome team performance. 100% getting to playoff final as I am having my gallbladder out on the Friday before the final. Will I be well enough to go?

You’ll be fine