Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton 21/4/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Options

Anyone know what the price for a ticket at Wembley is gonna be?

Last seasons prices...

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/may/full-ticket-details--sky-bet-league-one-play-off-final/
  • Options
    Great win but still think we will come up a point or goal difference short ??
    Those wasted points in the 93rd minute
    Lets win our last 2 then make it as difficult as possible
    Coyr
  • Options
    Thoroughly deserved. Could easily have been two or three but we have Amos to thank for keeping it at 0.

Support was excellent.
  • Options
    What a day out. Massive result. Amos absolutely immense. CMAAAAAAN
  • Options

Great result - Still not 100% in our own hands but would rather have the points on the board at this stage of the season than be in Plymouth's position. As said above it looks like the pressure is getting to them - Never did think they were all that just had a bit of form for a few months can easily see them falling away.

Not true, two wins guarantee play offs
  • Options
    FKING IMMENSE, BEST AWAY DAY IVE EVER DONE!!! ATMO WAS BRILLIANT.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Similarly Pompey and Posh can't both overtake us
  • Options
    Bene molte bene
  • Options

Even by Charlton standards this is quite remarkable.
    Lose to Wimbledon and Scunthorpe and then win away at Shrewsbury and Pompy. You couldn't make it up.
    Absolutely no excuse for not getting our biggest gate of the season next week.

It's the hope that kills you but in Bowyer we trust.
    COYR

I lost money betting on those loses glad to say I have also won money betting on those wins.
  • Options
    Great win to keep up the thrilling end to the season - thanks to everyone for the match updates and post match pictures: looked like fantastic support.
  • Options
    PWR.
    ifollow.

I suppose with the stage of the season we're at, performances matter less than the result. Something I wonder if Robinson will have 'got', but Bowyer and Jacko certainly understand.
    In that context I would say all of the team were simply excellent, and each player made a contribution to the result.
    In the second half Amos who was good throughout was very good indeed. Konsa increasingly advancing did a great job in the area where Portsmouth had the most approaches, Bauer was great, including if memory serves me well a terrific block, Pearce against his old club leading whilst also having to deal with a niggly, dangerous and irritating Pitman was outstanding, and Page, followed by JDS had it tied up on the left.
    Kashi slotted in surprisingly well in the 'Aribo' role, looked like he usually does, JFC not only pulled the strings, but as usual was prepared to do the donkey work when needed. Tarique did enough to worry them, and Reeves was quietly effective although sometimes held on to the ball too long when good passing opportunities seemed to be there. Magennis and Ajose in tandem were effective all afternoon. The goal fashioned by Amos, and Josh was as route one as you get, very nicely finished by Ajose who I thought was a good outlet throughout the game.
    The fans were great.
    One reason for this result was that both teams had the same 'attitude' to the game, but collectively we had better players on the day than Portsmouth, who to their credit worked away all game, but were sometimes let down by a lack of quality.
    Pleased for the fans who travelled, so often disappointed when 'big' games come along, but today justly rewarded.
  • Options
    lardiman said:

An interesting snippet of info about recent form;

The teams in 4th, 5th and 6th places (Rotherham, Charlton & Scunthorpe) have all won their last two games.

The teams in 7th, 8th and 9th places (Plymouth, Portsmouth & Peterborough) have taken only 1 point between all three of them in their last two games.

Great stat!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great win and great support. Amos mom making some good saves whilst under pressure.

Another win will guarantee play off position imo
  • Options
    That was fucking quality.

Banging atmosphere, battling performance, fantastic result.

Kashi was a joke along with JFC and the two centre halves were epic.

Love you Charlton.
  • Options
    Don't know what has been done/set up differently defensively for us now - I make that only 4 goals conceded in 9 games

Great result - Still not 100% in our own hands but would rather have the points on the board at this stage of the season than be in Plymouth's position. As said above it looks like the pressure is getting to them - Never did think they were all that just had a bit of form for a few months can easily see them falling away.

Not true, two wins guarantee play offs
    Not trying to piss on bonfires but that's not 100% accurate; It all comes down to the result of Plymouth/Scunny match - if they draw that one and all three teams win all remaining games it comes down to goal difference - we have 4 higher than Plymouth at the moment and 4 worse than Scunny.
    I actually think a Plymouth win is worst case scenario for us and Scunny win is best.
  • Options
    Amazing win.

Incredible that they've somehow turned it round to get 2 away wins at in form clubs without conceding. If only we'd done that at fucking Wimbledon we'd be almost there.
  • Options
    Great news page is ok
  • Options
    Sat in my Pompey mate’s parent’s house a minutes walk from the away end. Great performance and support for my Son’s first away match. Come on you Reds.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    But who would have thought we would get 6 points from the last two. Wimbledon is now history as are a number of let downs this season, we are more than a match for any team that tries to beat us rather than stop us! I suspect both upcoming opponents will need to beat us for different reasons.
  • Options
    Best away day for a long long time, thought Pearce and Bauer were class again and Amos so reliable! The only think I can recall Pitman doing was whine to the ref so they must have been good!