Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton 21/4/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Options

Have made a weekend of it. Left the family at Gun Wharf and did a Shanks pony to the ground stopping off at the Fratton for a pre match meal.
    Fantastic Charlton atmosphere created. Amos, Bauer and Pearce were immense. So pleased for Ajose for getting that monkey off his back. Concerned about injuries to Fosu and Page but maybe now is the time for others to step up to the plate.
    Walked back to Gun Wharf with a spring in my step and bought myself a suit as you do.
    Took on the President's recommendation and had a nice evening at Port Solent.
    Back at the hotel, forced to change rooms as water was coming in due to the thunderstorms that hit the South Coast last night.

I’ve stayed down as well, though didn’t buy a suit. Or any bread. Shocking weather yesterday evening.

Just been to HMS Victory, which seemed extra appropriate!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Every now and then, sometimes not even once a season, could be every two, three or five years, you have an away day that you’ll talk about for years to come that makes you remember why you bother with Football altogether.

Brilliant day start to finish, the pubs before, walking to the ground, in the ground, the performance, the noise, brilliant all round day, up the addicks.
  • Options
    What a day , what a win , what an atmosphere ( in the away end anyway ) . Perfect day . Let's get a good crowd for Blackburn to help push us over the line .
  • Options

Not fishing for an argument, but 2500 addicks standing much much much > 2500 addicks sitting, is what made the atmosphere, hats off to the oldies and the kids who stood!

Huh?
  • Options
    As someone who lives closer to Pompey than any other team, beating them at their place is so important. The atmosphere was the best I can remember since we played Oldham away in the year we went up with Powell... we were promoted the game after..... can we make the play-offs next weekend??
  • Options
    Anyone know why Bowyer had a red armband on?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Every now and then, sometimes not even once a season, could be every two, three or five years, you have an away day that you’ll talk about for years to come that makes you remember why you bother with Football altogether.

Brilliant day start to finish, the pubs before, walking to the ground, in the ground, the performance, the noise, brilliant all round day, up the addicks.

Agreed. Just got back from the best footie away weekend for a long long time. Great performance, phenomenal support, and celebrated well on Saturday night despite the storms. So close now. COYR!
  • Options

Not fishing for an argument, but 2500 addicks standing much much much > 2500 addicks sitting, is what made the atmosphere, hats off to the oldies and the kids who stood!

Huh?
    Don’t really know what to say, perhaps read what I put again?
  • Options

Huh?
    He's saying, in a very long winded way, it wouldn't have been the same if we'd been sitting down and I agree with him.
  • Options
    FairPlay to the travelling fans , we have got it in us to make an atmosphere , providing conditions are with us !

Hopefully we’ll have a decent contingent up at the Dale
  • Options

As long as you was alright
  • Options

Postingwithout being able to see

Massive win been out since 3.30pm for a mates (Man Utd fan) wife’s 52nd , we went up town and his 17 year old son had gone down to Pompey with a Charlton mate and I’m working on brainwashing him , he’s Man Utd but with massive leanings to our freak show.

I’ve fancied us to make the play off final since I worked out the amount of agro it will cause me cancelling and re jiggling flights to barbados during half term for the final .

Fuck that who cares the reds are going up
    E I e I e i o up the football league we go

Have no idea about the game and don’t care the result was massive

70% play offs

100% fuck off Roland you bellend

A quick question - who appointed Bow and Jacko and who is funding the losses?

Any guarantees that the new potential owners will be preapared to fund EFL Championship losses that appear to be far greater than tier 3 losses?

• Options
    JonnyK said:

Massive win been out since 3.30pm for a mates (Man Utd fan) wife’s 52nd , we went up town and his 17 year old son had gone down to Pompey with a Charlton mate and I’m working on brainwashing him , he’s Man Utd but with massive leanings to our freak show.

I’ve fancied us to make the play off final since I worked out the amount of agro it will cause me cancelling and re jiggling flights to barbados during half term for the final .

70% play offs

Any guarantees that the new potential owners will be preapared to fund EFL Championship losses that appear to be far greater than tier 3 losses?

Charlton’s 2016/17 operating loss in L1 was much worse than their losses in the Championship.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Anyone know why Bowyer had a red armband on?

It’s the pattern on his jumper. A red line around the arm, it’s got a green border as well on closer inspection. Must be a designer thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JonnyK said:

70% play offs

Why would anyone unable or unwilling to fund those losses want to spend £40 million on Charlton? If you just wanted a league One team and nothing more then I imagine you could spend a lot less money on a smaller club with far lower overheads.

The only reason to buy Charlton, other than really wanting a London club, is that it is ready for Premier football without having to spend fortunes on the stadium and training facilities, with a know crowd size/ fan base when in the premier league.

If you don't want to challenge for the premier league there is literally no case for buying Charlton.
    Plenty of weird owners out there seemingly unwilling to run their clubs with any ambition but equally unwilling to sell up, at least for any sensible price. The Coventry lot being one example, other than Roland. The Oystons are another. Pompey went through 3 or 4 crappy owners in a period of a few years.

Not suggesting for a second we shouldn't try something new, but it'd be foolish not to realize that new owners aren't automatically going to be an improvement on Roland, even if they'll have to go some to be worse.
  • Options
    A major result and probably the greatest collective vocal performance by a set of charlton fans ever and people want to change the thread to being all about Roland and a takeover. It beggars belief.
  • Options
    Typical though of an 'uncool' regime sympathiser and apologist not averse to hit and run wind up tactics.
  • Options
    Well said SE7toSG3
  • Options
    edited April 2018

One game at a time sweet cliche.
    Superb day out for Cafc fans yesterday and great mentality by the players.
    As the Wimbledon and Scunthorpe games should prove, nothing is a shay. (given)
    Amos has been excellent for most of the season with a different defence in front of him every week and was immense again.
    It is such a shame that Fosu is the new sicknote, though he has competition with Page and Stephy.
    50/50 for me now if we make playoffs, Blackburn want to be champs and Rochdale want to stay up.
    One game at a time sweet cliche.

Sorry Soapbox, it doesn't work as rhyming slang. Needs to be a word that precedes a word that rhymes with given.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

As long as you was alright
    Well judging from the noise throughout, euphoric applauds at full time, away fans off all ages with smiles on their faces I’d guess myself and another 2400 or so was alright too.
  • Options
    Totally agree with lardiman,no excuses,get down to the valley on saturday'