Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    _MrDick said:
    I wonder if Richard Murray knows how much the fan base now hates him
    Does he care?
    Oh yes.
    Can we make our feelings anymore clearer to him?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Does he care?
    Oh yes.

All the more bizarre as to why he won't just bow out for the good of the club's future and his reputation... Assuming that he isn't now out to actively sabotage that is.

• Options
    He's probably as bitter as his mate Roland. Like rejected lovers their raison d'etre appears to be to make it as uncomfortable for those who have scorned them even to the extent of revenge.

There can be no other reason for their vindictiveness. That and pure greed of course.  
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    This Peninsular talk. I thought it had been established that there is no unallocated land left on which to build a stadium?
    The only place I think of is the driving range.
    The land on which the driving range sits is allocated for a development called Peninsula Quays, currently with zero "affordable" housing and a private school. 

https://www.flanaganlawrence.com/peninsula-quays - these look like old plans but you get the gist
  • Options
    He's probably as bitter as his mate Roland. Like rejected lovers their raison d'etre appears to be to make it as uncomfortable for those who have scorned them even to the extent of revenge.

There can be no other reason for their vindictiveness. That and pure greed of course.  

Can’t imagine being a person who has such bitterness and spite in their soul. Has money and power made them like this or is it in their genetic make up? If it’s the former then I’m glad I’m a lowly working class man with barely a pot to piss in. At least I can look at myself in the mirror with a clear conscience.
  • Options
    If you're pissing in that pot I wouldn't look in the mirror.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    ross1 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Does he care?
    Oh yes.
    But does he understand?  And if he does, why is he persisting in inserting himself where he's not wanted?
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    ross1 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Does he care?
    Oh yes.

All the more bizarre as to why he won't just bow out for the good of the club's future and his reputation... Assuming that he isn't now out to actively sabotage that is.

I wonder whether anyone willvoice their opinions of RM around noon on Saturday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To quote Macbeth:

"I am in blood Stepped in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o'er"
  • Options
    @Airman Brown - You say higher up the thread that the club could have been sold in 2005 - who was interested in buying it back then?

Those were the PL glory days so I presume the BOD did not really have to sell back then as it was all looking so good......
  • Options
    @Airman Brown - You say higher up the thread that the club could have been sold in 2005 - who was interested in buying it back then?

Those were the PL glory days so I presume the BOD did not really have to sell back then as it was all looking so good......
    The then owner of the o2
  • Options
    edited August 2020

They put the price up and the buyer walked.
  • Options

They put the price up and the buyer walked.
    Was Roland being coached by Murray when the Aussies walked per chance
  • Options
    Apologises if this has been covered elsewhere but is Murray still involved or is that unclear? 

I personally hope he's out of the club for good.  
  • Options
    I expect TS will meet him and make up his own mind.
    And then, I hope, do the right thing.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I expect TS will meet him and make up his own mind.
    And then, I hope, do the right thing.

Which is show the old goat the door, once and for all.
  • Options
    Apologises if this has been covered elsewhere but is Murray still involved or is that unclear? 

Involved how? He's not a director, he doesn't have any formal role at the club. 
  • Options

Involved how? He's not a director, he doesn't have any formal role at the club. 

I'm sure he will be lurking around trying to get in TS's ear and to offer his valuable insight and experience, even though he hasnt done anything decent at Charlton in over ten years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He didn’t have any formal role at the club with Roland either (beyond a certain point) but that didn’t stop him hanging around.
  • Options
    "Hi Richard, I work for the South London press, and I'd just like to ask you a question about your circumstances at Charlton. What's your job and role at the club?"

RM: My job is the semi fake random director of being a prick.

"Oh"

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    He didn’t have any formal role at the club with Roland either (beyond a certain point) but that didn’t stop him hanging around.
    Murray was a director of CAFC until ESI took over
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Technically, but not really.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Murray is still director (along with RD) of Charlton Athletic Holdings Ltd, which owns The Valley & Training Ground.
    I wonder who vetoed Barclay (possibly as a result of his connection to Varney?)
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Murray is still director (along with RD) of Charlton Athletic Holdings Ltd, which owns The Valley & Training Ground.
    I wonder who vetoed Barclay (possibly as a result of his connection to Varney?)
    Barclay vetoed really?.

• Options
    edited October 2020

• Options
    boggzy said:
    Just hope a couple of people have had a word in TS ear about Murray.

Keohane too. 
    And Rubshaw - The hired PR guy 
  • Options
    Steve Gallen said Richard Murray is no longer officially involved with the club.
    However, Gallen has a lot of time for him and did in fact speak to him today.
    Make of that what you will.