Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Steve Gallen said Richard Murray is no longer officially involved with the club.
    However, Gallen has a lot of time for him and did in fact speak to him today.
    Make of that what you will.
    Where did you hear that?

😉
  • Options
    Steve Gallen said Richard Murray is no longer officially involved with the club.
    It proves that even people like Gallen can be fooled . 
  • Options
    When it comes to on field or at least player related matters, Murray has a lot of experience. After all he was directly involved in all the transfers we made for 15 odd years. I can entirely understand Gallen talking to him about it, as of all the people at or around the club he's the one with the most relevant experience for what Gallen is doing.

• Options
    Him and Bowyer were both fooled by Southall, given they supposedly went to meet Maddison last January when we were on a transfer ban!
  • Options
    Him and Bowyer were both fooled by Southall, given they supposedly went to meet Maddison last January when we were on a transfer ban!
    That is hardly fair. 

They had a job to do and got on with it.  They may well have seen straight through Southall from the start, they certainly knew that we were under an embargo. 

Ultimately though as head of recruitment if the owners are telling him he has £x then he would not be doing his job if he just put his feet up and said he saw through them.
  • Options
    That is hardly fair. 

They had a job to do and got on with it.  They may well have seen straight through Southall from the start, they certainly knew that we were under an embargo. 

Ultimately though as head of recruitment if the owners are telling him he has £x then he would not be doing his job if he just put his feet up and said he saw through them.
    I wasn't criticising them, i don't even know if it's true. We only heard about it through the Peterborough owner.
  • Options
    When it comes to on field or at least player related matters, Murray has a lot of experience. After all he was directly involved in all the transfers we made for 15 odd years. I can entirely understand Gallen talking to him about it, as of all the people at or around the club he's the one with the most relevant experience for what Gallen is doing.

There would be different views about the value of Murray’s experience in that area, including from former colleagues on the board.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020

There would be different views about the value of Murray’s experience in that area, including from former colleagues on the board.
    I'd imagine most (and Curbs) would hold the view that RM was well plugged-in to the market (and very useful) during the earlier years of his Chairmanship - much less so over time. 
  • Options

Of course Murray (like everyone) will have made mistakes, but he has a wealth of experience to talk about, whether good or bad especially from the early days when the club was run very leanly and he would have been very hands on with Curbs
  • Options
    yep Murray thought he’d get clever on the potential Tim Cahill transfer and called his bluff that he wouldn’t wanna leave London 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    yep Murray thought he’d get clever on the potential Tim Cahill transfer and called his bluff that he wouldn’t wanna leave London 🤷‍♂️
    Can you expand on that? Never heard about that one. 
  • Options
    Curbs had Cahill there , Everton offered a slightly better package and if we'd matched it Curbs was convinced Cahill would come , Murray believed the staying in London incentive would be enough to make Cahill take our offer .... Curbs asked and Murray new best .

• Options

Some poor dogs never get allowed to sleep do they?  Some nasty bastard is always waking them up for no good reason...
  • Options
    Curbs had Cahill there , Everton offered a slightly better package and if we'd matched it Curbs was convinced Cahill would come , Murray believed the staying in London incentive would be enough to make Cahill take our offer .... Curbs asked and Murray new best .

It was Murray's money to be fair.

I would hope he would negotiate hard with an incoming player and stand by his assessment on what he felt a player deal was worth or would be happy to accept.

He probably gambledon a deal both before and after and was successful.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/3876783.stm

Cahill nearly went to Palace around that time too

Tim Cahill's £2m transfer from Millwall to Crystal Palace looks to have fallen through over a payment to his agents.
    Eagles chairman Simon Jordan refused to pay £125,000 to the 24-year-old midfielder's management company SFX.
    Jordan told The Sun: "We offered Tim a decent Premiership salary and he seemed very keen to join us. The agent then asked for 5% on top - about £125,000.
    "I told him he doesn't work for me but for the player, and to take the money out of his wages."
    But Sam Rush, chief operating officer of SFX, claimed: "The terms of the deal did not appeal to the player."
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Addickted said:

It was Murray's money to be fair.

I would hope he would negotiate hard with an incoming player and stand by his assessment on what he felt a player deal was worth or would be happy to accept.

He probably gambledon a deal both before and after and was successful.
    Murray never owned more than about 30% of the club until 2010. The question of whether it was “his money” became material. especially in later years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020

Cahill needed to get out of London or have people forgotten that?
  • Options

Cahill needed to get out of London or have people forgotten that?
    Why's that ?

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Firstly,  he was knocking off some woman who was something to do with Millsmall and his wife(Cahills that is), got to know about it.
    Secondly, his brother Sean got into a serious fight outside a mini cab office in Bromley one night and badly beat up some guy.
    Problem was that this guy turned out to be .....shall we say.... well connected.
    Now I don’t remember exactly what transpired other than his brother scarpered back to Australia but that he came back to face justice voluntarily or by extradition......anyway, whatever the reason he came back.
    In the meantime the guy who he beat up “friends” were supposedly making threats to Tim Cahill or something along those lines.
    His brother got a fair bit of prison time by the way....6 years!
    Now I must admit it was a while back and my memory isn’t what it was, so my details may not be entirely accurate but loosely that is more or less what happened.
    If anyone can add better and more concise details then please do so.
  • Options
    Firstly,  he was knocking off some woman who was something to do with Millsmall and his wife(Cahills that is), got to know about it.
    Secondly, his brother Sean got into a serious fight outside a mini cab office in Bromley one night and badly beat up some guy.
    Problem was that this guy turned out to be .....shall we say.... well connected.
    Now I don’t remember exactly what transpired other than his brother scarpered back to Australia but that he came back to face justice voluntarily or by extradition......anyway, whatever the reason he came back.
    In the meantime the guy who he beat up “friends” were supposedly making threats to Tim Cahill or something along those lines.
    Now I must admit it was a while back and my memory isn’t what it was, so my details may not be entirely accurate but loosely that is more or less what happened.
    Regarding the assault outside the cab office mate, it was not like that. I was there and was also at the trial of Sean Cahill.

He assaulted a mate of mine, known to a couple of others on here I think, all over a remark to a girl that my mate went to college with. 

My mate said hello after we’d left Delano’s, she replied, hello, how are you? Next thing Sean Cahill has whacked him from nowhere and it’s all gone off. 
    Tim Cahill was there that night, but not sure at the time of the assault.

As quick as it started, the old bill were all over it and Knicked Sean Cahill, literally seemed as soon as it started!

He then jumped bail, and fucked off back to Oz.
    Trouble for him was he took a job as a baggage handler at Sydney airport!
    Obviously, working at an airport, you have to be security checked and once he was put through the computer it flagged up he was wanted in the UK and the met were informed and he was knicked on their behalf. 
    Bromley CID couldn’t believe their luck when they were asked to come and get him from Sydney!

He went not guilty but was found guilty of GBH with intent, and also some of his bird was for jumping bail.

Sean, unfortunately assaulted my mate quite horrendously in that short space of time, however there was never any involvement from any of us, or our pals in going after him. Certainly not in anything related to Charlton. I’m pretty sure it was a day or two either way of Tim Cahill signing for Everton that the assault happened.

Just as a footnote, the lad that got assaulted, has left the UK and is married and settled down in the USA.

Cheers
    Well thanks for that Eirik.......that’s certainly what you call first hand information.
    I actually still think that it may well have had something to do with his move to Everton in a small way and the added relief in getting away from the situation.....possibly his family were more relieved than he was......so it was if nothing else, an added bonus.
  • Options
    Regarding the assault outside the cab office mate, it was not like that. I was there and was also at the trial of Sean Cahill.

He assaulted a mate of mine, known to a couple of others on here I think, all over a remark to a girl that my mate went to college with. 

My mate said hello after we’d left Delano’s, she replied, hello, how are you? Next thing Sean Cahill has whacked him from nowhere and it’s all gone off. 
    Tim Cahill was there that night, but not sure at the time of the assault.

As quick as it started, the old bill were all over it and Knicked Sean Cahill, literally seemed as soon as it started!

He then jumped bail, and fucked off back to Oz.
    Trouble for him was he took a job as a baggage handler at Sydney airport!
    Obviously, working at an airport, you have to be security checked and once he was put through the computer it flagged up he was wanted in the UK and the met were informed and he was knicked on their behalf. 
    Bromley CID couldn’t believe their luck when they were asked to come and get him from Sydney!

He went not guilty but was found guilty of GBH with intent, and also some of his bird was for jumping bail.

Sean, unfortunately assaulted my mate quite horrendously in that short space of time, however there was never any involvement from any of us, or our pals in going after him. Certainly not in anything related to Charlton. I’m pretty sure it was a day or two either way of Tim Cahill signing for Everton that the assault happened.

Just as a footnote, the lad that got assaulted, has left the UK and is married and settled down in the USA.

Cheers
    Well thanks for that Eirik.......that’s certainly what you call first hand information.
    I actually still think that it may well have had something to do with his move to Everton in a small way and the added relief in getting away from the situation.....possibly his family were more relieved than he was......so it was if nothing else, an added bonus.
    Possibly mate, you could be right there. 

Was as a horrendous situation for all involved, that night.

I would include Sean Cahill in that too.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/mar/05/newsstory.everton