Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• edited August 2023
    "I was selfish"  

• "I was selfish"  

Lyle said ACL ? He wasn't out long enough to be an ACL knee injury 🤷🏻‍♂️
    LCL
  • He boils my piss... 
  • hes a prick but still one of the highlights watching him play for us in the last few years as there havent been many
  • Taylor is out of work as he got expelled from big school. Interesting that he is training in a facility in Crewe with two other players who are out of contract as well.

He is talking the talk as he has always done.
    I Find it hard to believe that a League 1 club wouldn't offer him a one year contract at 33.
    Not Charlton as that bridge has been burnt.
  • mendonca said:

- His face shows that he is lying when talking about the pain he was in "being rolled on and off"...look at how much of an exaggerated face he pulls.

- "Deconditioned through not training or playing". Isn't this normal while injured? You were fulfilling your international dreams playing with people of a non league standard.

- Such a shame Bowyer couldn't give Taylor the Dyer/J Williams treatment.
    I think the deconditioned comment was with regard to the covid Off period , then coming back at higher risk of injury because of that “deconditioning period” than he would have been if they’d been played out in March and April as planned at which point he was “conditioned” (albeit apparently struggling with injury)
  • Sponsored links:

• Taylor is out of work as he got expelled from big school. Interesting that he is training in a facility in Crewe with two other players who are out of contract as well.

He is talking the talk as he has always done.
    I Find it hard to believe that a League 1 club wouldn't offer him a one year contract at 33.
    Not Charlton as that bridge has been burnt.
    Maybe the word is out that his ego, need for attention, lack of football recently (bit like why he didn't play for us) is all going against him now.
  • Hahaha, was that the International stadium he incurred his ligament injury? Yes, let's not mention any bit of this, or being seen on crutches at Ebbsfleet. 
  • I don’t blame him for playing international football. Imagine if England players turned down call ups because it’s the club games that pay their salary. I know that’s truth and the English comparison isn’t like for like, but an injury can happen at any point. Not defending what he did, but playing for Montserrat didn’t directly influence his decision. 
  • I don’t blame him for playing international football. Imagine if England players turned down call ups because it’s the club games that pay their salary. I know that’s truth and the English comparison isn’t like for like, but an injury can happen at any point. Not defending what he did, but playing for Montserrat didn’t directly influence his decision. 
    Playing for Monserrat, on an awful pitch, lacking medical facilities and staff, getting injured for months, returning via a train to Ebbsfleet......seems a bit more than an indirect influence on his decision, which came about as an outcome of the above.
  • mendonca said:
    I don’t blame him for playing international football. Imagine if England players turned down call ups because it’s the club games that pay their salary. I know that’s truth and the English comparison isn’t like for like, but an injury can happen at any point. Not defending what he did, but playing for Montserrat didn’t directly influence his decision. 
    Playing for Monserrat, on an awful pitch, lacking medical facilities and staff, getting injured for months, returning via a train to Ebbsfleet......seems a bit more than an indirect influence on his decision, which came about as an outcome of the above.
    I disagree, the injury had no impact. Taylor would still have refused to play because he wanted to leave. 
    But he stated that the main driver was being unsure about his fitness, due to the injury.
  • edited August 2023
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    I don’t blame him for playing international football. Imagine if England players turned down call ups because it’s the club games that pay their salary. I know that’s truth and the English comparison isn’t like for like, but an injury can happen at any point. Not defending what he did, but playing for Montserrat didn’t directly influence his decision. 
    I disagree, the injury had no impact. Taylor would still have refused to play because he wanted to leave. 
    But he stated that the main driver was being unsure about his fitness, due to the injury.
    I know he did, and I'm 99% sure that's rubbish, he just doesn't want to admit he was greedy. Regardless, the injury was several months before. In fact, IMO it makes it worse because he has admitted he was barely training. So in fact that reduces the risk of injury. Even 5 games is what around 8 hours of football? 

He said in that interview "another transfer was blocked in January". The bloke wanted out and didn't want to get injured playing for a club he was going to leave so he let the club and his teammates down.

EDIT - less than hour and ago you stated he was lying and exaggerating about the injury? Now you're saying the injury was the reason?
  • edited August 2023
    Bowyer
    "We fell a little bit short and that's cos Lyle's chosent to be a prick, but ended up doing well financially out of it"
  • Sponsored links:

• "I was selfish"  

Lyle said ACL ? He wasn't out long enough to be an ACL knee injury 🤷🏻‍♂️
    LCL, the lateral cruciate ligament. It was a strain not a clean snap so he's just trying to make it sound worse. 
  • mendonca said:

- His face shows that he is lying when talking about the pain he was in "being rolled on and off"...look at how much of an exaggerated face he pulls.

- "Deconditioned through not training or playing". Isn't this normal while injured? You were fulfilling your international dreams playing with people of a non league standard.

definitely; he's tried to convince himself but knows it isn't true
  • Blah blah blah, still trying to justify himself to everyone three years later.

it doesn’t matter what you say Lyle, we all remember what happened, you can’t rewrite history. You behaved like a selfish c*nt when your club needed you and you can never reverse that.

You now have a lot of money in your bank account 👏 but the price you will forever pay for that, is that we all know you’re a c*nt. He’ll say he doesn’t care what we think but he definitely does, that’s why he’s still trying to lie to us about it. We know what you are Lyle, just don’t show your face round our ends again. 
  • mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    I know he did, and I'm 99% sure that's rubbish, he just doesn't want to admit he was greedy. Regardless, the injury was several months before. In fact, IMO it makes it worse because he has admitted he was barely training. So in fact that reduces the risk of injury. Even 5 games is what around 8 hours of football? 

He said in that interview "another transfer was blocked in January". The bloke wanted out and didn't want to get injured playing for a club he was going to leave so he let the club and his teammates down.

EDIT - less than hour and ago you stated he was lying and exaggerating about the injury? Now you're saying the injury was the reason?
    I don't disagree with much that you've posted. Regarding the final point, I was summarising my views in the post with bullet points, but referenced Taylor's statement in the latter post. 
  • He’s a snake. End of 
  • mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

I don't disagree with much that you've posted. Regarding the final point, I was summarising my views in the post with bullet points, but referenced Taylor's statement in the latter post. 
    Fair enough and it might have made an impact, I guess we'll never know for sure. I just think he would have made the same selfish decision regardless so don't really feel the injury made a big difference (albeit it did during the season itself as he missed a chunk of games). 
  • On the face of it that all seems reasonable from what Taylor says. However he is not giving the full story. He was under contract at the time so really was obliged to play. He also had conducted his career by letting contracts run down and moving on without a fee to increase his own wages signing on fee and taking the risk of an injury at the wrong time. Add to that the fact that he injured himself playing in an international on a possibly sub standard pitch and all the evidence still points to him being a c*nt
    Also he mentions 2 players he spoke to. 1 (Solly) also refused to play. Shows the type of company he keeps. 
  • mendonca said:

I think the deconditioned comment was with regard to the covid Off period , then coming back at higher risk of injury because of that “deconditioning period” than he would have been if they’d been played out in March and April as planned at which point he was “conditioned” (albeit apparently struggling with injury)
    Funny how 99% of players managed to come back & play in June.